collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll cleaning help!  (Read 1820 times)

Offline Doodlebug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Doll cleaning help!
« on: March 24, 2021, 01:20:13 PM »
Turns out the container I was storing my dolls in wasn't keeping them as clean as I thought. Now several of my dolls and their clothing are dirty. In addition, the flocking on my Bratz Boys' hair is fading and flaking off.

What can I use to clean my dolls and their clothing safely? Is their anything I can do to preserve the boys' hair?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
~ Romans 10:9 ~ WANTED: G3 DESERT PALM

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Doll cleaning help!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 04:42:26 PM »
Unless they have mold or anything that requires deep deep cleaning, you can probably get away with a few wet cotton balls or q-tips to wipe down their faces and bodies- for any dust on the hair, you could brush down their hair with a wet (clean ofc) toothbrush rather than taking down their hair and scrubbing it with shampoo and conditioner- this is probably the best choice for WW Jade and the Boyz, since Jade has kanekalon hair which is notoriously difficult to work with and afaik the Boyz flocking is very sensitive to moisture and prone to peeling off.

For the plastic accessories and feet, I would just toss them in a bowl of lukewarm water and liquid dish soap, perhaps scrub them a bit and then leave them to air dry.

If the clothes are super dirty, you can also scrub them down with dish soap, rinse them off and leave them to dry- the only exception being the pleather clothing pieces because they are very fragile and prone to peeling- you'll want to wipe those down with a dry or slightly damp cloth, and leave them to air dry. Anything else might speed up the peeling.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 04:44:55 PM by serena-hime »

Offline Doodlebug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 05:10:19 PM »
Unless they have mold or anything that requires deep deep cleaning, you can probably get away with a few wet cotton balls or q-tips to wipe down their faces and bodies- for any dust on the hair, you could brush down their hair with a wet (clean ofc) toothbrush rather than taking down their hair and scrubbing it with shampoo and conditioner- this is probably the best choice for WW Jade and the Boyz, since Jade has kanekalon hair which is notoriously difficult to work with and afaik the Boyz flocking is very sensitive to moisture and prone to peeling off.

For the plastic accessories and feet, I would just toss them in a bowl of lukewarm water and liquid dish soap, perhaps scrub them a bit and then leave them to air dry.

If the clothes are super dirty, you can also scrub them down with dish soap, rinse them off and leave them to dry- the only exception being the pleather clothing pieces because they are very fragile and prone to peeling- you'll want to wipe those down with a dry or slightly damp cloth, and leave them to air dry. Anything else might speed up the peeling.

Thank you so much! Would woolite delicate also work for the non-pleather clothing?
~ Romans 10:9 ~ WANTED: G3 DESERT PALM

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 07:39:40 PM »

Thank you so much! Would woolite delicate also work for the non-pleather clothing?
I honestly have no idea! I imagine it should be fine, as long as there's no bleach in it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal