collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Celebrating an achievement... With a very special pony!  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Celebrating an achievement... With a very special pony!
« on: March 18, 2021, 01:50:15 PM »
I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I've been overweight/obese pretty much my entire life, and towards the end of 2019, I decided it's finally time to do something about it. Using a very fancy diet I call "eating the same stuff as always, but like, less of it", I've lost 30kg, 30% of my starting weight, and now officially have a normal BMI! Actually, turns out I underestimated my height a little bit, so I already crossed that threshold back in January. Whoops! :lol:

Anyway, I wanted to treat myself for the occasion, but like... not with food? So I decided to go to the toy store and make a good old-fashioned impulse purchase, free of any notion of matureness and money-saving and what have you. Although the pony aisle was disappointing. I mean, the new G4s (the ones that are just regular G4s with poses), are soo cute in person! ...But they only had the Mane 6. I was starting to think I'd have to settle for a pack of Pokemon cards or leave empty-handed, when I saw her. The meme, the legend, someone I thought existed only on Tumblr and in shady Taobao listings.

Are you ready?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It's concerned pony! And with good reason to look so concerned, sitting all by herself in the misc. off-brand section by the exit, poor thing. Aw, you needn't worry anymore, concerned pony... But wait! That's not a proper name, is it? What should I name her? :wonder: And sorry if this brag post comes off as a bit too braggy, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not proud of what I've accomplished. Thanks for looking :D

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrating an achievement... With a very special pony!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 02:14:46 PM »
Wow, congratulations on your major achievement!  That's a really impressive accomplishment!    :happy::accomplished::frolic:

And congrats on finding a Concerned Pony out in the wild like that.  You deserved for something cool to happen like that!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 03:08:22 PM »
That's awesome! She's super cool, and congrats on your health milestone ~ you deserve to brag and celebrate!
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:58:18 PM »
You should be very proud of yourself. Struggling with weight and trying to lose it is not easy, so good for you!! You have added years to your life.  Huge congratulations 🎉. And congrats on the concerned pony.  And you definitely deserve to brag about losing weight ❤️🌈
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
Congrats xxx On your find AND your achievement!!! Latter not easy with pandemic xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 03:21:03 PM »
Congrats! Love the concerned ponies so much

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 05:05:19 PM »
Congratulations on meeting your goal. Cute pony too. A name? Hmm, uhh...how about Little Star?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 04:06:27 AM »
That's a huge accomplishment, wow! :accomplished: And yay, what an awesome find!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »
Little Star! I love it, thank you LaW :lovey: and thank you so so much everyone for the extremely kind words, it really does mean a lot to me :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal