collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: accessories: Flutter Pony ribbons (2nd group)  (Read 845 times)

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
accessories: Flutter Pony ribbons (2nd group)
« on: March 17, 2021, 06:16:29 PM »
Hi, everyone!

I'm busy with life and work and trying to build a house. So I haven't been around as much, but I'm still collecting!

Over the years, there has been debate over the ribbons that came with the 2nd group of Flutter Ponies, and whether the US and UK releases came with different ribbons (possibly metallic in the US and gold-edged in the UK). Do we know any more about this now? I definitely may have missed an earlier discussion.

Recently some Ebay auctions for complete deboxed ponies ended, so that might help solve the mystery. I noticed that the ribbons for the 2nd set Flutters seemed to correspond to Summer Wing ribbons, though for some it could be difficult to tell exactly which one because of the glare. But if the ribbons of the 2 groups do correspond, it explains why no new unique ribbons have been found.

Here's what I've got so far; can anyone help me narrow it down?

Cloud Puff - either purple (High Flyer) or pink (Lady Flutter)

Tropical Breeze - either blue (Buzzer) or aqua blue (Glow)

Wingsong - magenta (Sky Flyer)

Wind Drifter - yellow (Little Flitter; note that the yellow metallic ribbon is a bit different from the gold metallic ribbons that came with several Flutter Ponies from the first set)

And do we have any idea which ribbons they came with in the UK?

Accessory experts, need your help!!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: accessories: Flutter Pony ribbons (2nd group)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 08:20:52 AM »
I'm not an expert, but from what I remember from the previous discussion threads on this, there's a good possibility of the 2nd set of flutters coming with two possibilities for ribbons.

Tropi's metallic one is blue. I am certain about that. But although I had her when I was five, I didn't have any metallic ribbons as a kid. I did have gold edged ones - but not metallic ones. I also had one princess from new as a child. I only had my first metallic ribbon with a summer wing at a carboot sale years later. So I'm pretty sure my Tropi had a gold edged ribbon.

I am not certain if both versions were sold here in the UK; I am pretty sure both options happened in the US from the data from previous discussions.

I have three of the second set flutters MIB in French boxes; these use the same artwork as the UK boxes. Because the French release didn't have stickers, the ribbons are visible in the boxes. All three have gold edged ribbons. Tropi's is pink, Cloud Puff's is pale blue and Wind Drifter's is green.

The ribbons I think I recall from childhood with gold edging are pink and blue, so if Princess Sapphire had a blue ribbon that would suggest my Tropi came with a pink one. But that's the vague memory of a five year old without any photographic evidence to back it up I'm afraid.

My Tropical Breeze came from a French store here in the midlands in 1987, around my birthday in February as I bought her with birthday money. But I know her box must have been in English because I have her sticker. Only the UK had puffy stickers with this release.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »
I was hoping you'd respond, Taffeta; thanks!!!
Anyone else?
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »
I'm not sure if you can see this, but this is supposed to be Cloud Puffs ribbon, and it seems more pink then purple to me.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/h165/leikin/MOC%20MIB/BushnellCamera687.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=fill
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal