collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Have you had an encounter with a famous person?  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Have you had an encounter with a famous person?
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2021, 04:52:36 AM »
I met Chris Evans in a bar once and he was very pleasant. I met David Attenborough and unfortunately he was as snobby and pretentious as you'd expect from someone of his age and class. I met Goldie once, unfortunately he was coming down some steps at high speed as I was about to climb up them... but I still reckon it counts...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2021, 07:34:36 PM »
I met Chris Evans in a bar once and he was very pleasant.
Oh yummy  :inlove:

I served Luke Wilson (the lesser popular Wilson brother lol) at the bookstore once.   I knew who he was immediately but didn't say anything,  just rang his 2 Native American history books through and pretended he wasn't an actor (I'm a goof and love the movie ''Old School')

When I went to go swipe his credit card for payment I saw written on the back in the signature line "ASK FOR ID".  I looked up at him with a questioning smile and hesitantly asked him "Do I really need to ask for your ID, cause I have a funny feeling you are who it says you are".

He was almost embarrassed and said 'no, you don't need to' and I continued to smile (smirk?) and bagged his purchases. He was almost free when a couple of girls came up and asked for a picture.   He obliged and I took it for them using their phone.

I totally taped his signed Visa slip on the cash office wall instead of sending it to head office 😆
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 09:50:08 PM »
I’ve met famous people at cons but only while asking for sketches from comic book artists and signatures from comic book authors (MLP mostly, PPG once). Oh, and Christy Marx who was sitting rather forlornly at a table with not much at it and happily signed a Jem picture and chatted with me about it for a while.

I hung out with or at least talked with a fair number of indies bands from the Osaka area and a few from Tokyo, including Daigo Naitō back when he was Daigo☆Stardust. He might not be very well known outside of Japan and the rest weren’t even well known inside Japan.  ^^;

I also had a best friend from high school who became a pretty well-known podcaster. Well known enough that he has sold books, gone on tour and branched out to other media. That’s really, really surreal. Last time I spoke with him he got me free tickets to his show but standing in line with fans to talk to a friend? Not the best feeling and there was barely any time to catch up...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:13:52 AM by Sumire »
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline fromoutoftheunexpected

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • furby fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 08:33:36 AM »
Not me, but my dad. He was waiting to pick me up from school choir or something and started talking to a guy and asking how he was going and stuff without realising it was the leader of the opposition at the time (Bill Shorten). It was very funny telling my dad who he was talking to after we had left.
duckling • they/he • tumblryoutube

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure I was in the vicinity of a famous person today. The kids nearby started freaking out and running over to pose for pictures with them.

I have no idea who they were :silly:

Wishlist

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
I'm pretty sure I was in the vicinity of a famous person today. The kids nearby started freaking out and running over to pose for pictures with them.

I have no idea who they were :silly:

And now I want to get a group of friends together and do this to a random person.

My dad was once mistaken for one of the finalists on American Idol (Taylor Hicks).  He played along and let the girls take a picture with him. :lol:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2021, 08:25:13 PM »
When my dad was still a long haul truck driver, he broke down on the side of the highway once. The country singer Clint Black stopped and had his mechanic look at my dad's truck. My dad at the time had no idea who he was but after that he bought all of Black's albums and became a fan. I hate country music but figure he must be a nice guy to have done that.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2021, 02:39:00 PM »
And now I want to get a group of friends together and do this to a random person.

Lol, that would have been hilarious.

Today I got to talk to one of my academic role models about the entomology-related masters thesis I'm trying to write and it was a delightful experience! I'm not sure if she can be defined as famous, but she has written a few successful books and is quite frequently in the media in my country. I was so nervous and very surprised she showed interest in talking with me, but I think it went well!

Wishlist

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 05:56:32 PM »
Well I was in a car (sleeping) granny was driving and we where on our way to Harvard Illinois from central Wisconsin (like Dells area) only for a day trip - there and back to do something at a bank for my uncle Donnie who was in the passenger seat at the time. I had this strangest dream that I met Mark Wahlberg at the Restaurant Cheesecake Factory. I woke up thinking that was Odd it seemed so real. So Granny had already stopped at the bank now we need something to eat, for dinner so there is a restaurant called Kelley's Restaurant in Harvard IL. So granny is joking around, "we are going to eat some Kelly here" (Because my name is Kelly) and I said, "Oh you don't want to eat me, I'm all fatty and Ya wouldn't want that." Thankfully I said this outside of Kelley's Restaurant, because when I looked over to my Left at a booth Mark Wahlberg was sitting there Looking at us giggling at each other. I was so surprised to see him Alone. he had his laptop with him and his glasses that where the props for the movie of "All the Money in the World" where sitting by his computer. I was No Way that this is happening right now!!! Granny new nothing about him or his movies decided to walk towards him and grab a seat closest to him. I was like YESSSSS!!!!! this is my chance I walked up to him but then I decided to make it look like I was deciding my chair and I chose the chair across from him so I can have a good view while I eat, but not stare too much. there is about 5 people tops in this place not including the 2 waitresses me and Mark where the youngest in the place not including the 1 waitress. At the end of the meal when I was waiting for my granny and Uncle Donnie after I had paid (they ran to the bathroom) I was standing at the front. I was going to go introduce myself to Mark but I had no clue on what to say except Hi.... but I then felt like I should look at him and when I did We locked eyes and we stayed that way for like 3min tops.... it became a little awkward at the end but I don't think he minded.  :blush: :biggrin:

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 07:41:49 AM »
I met Jaleel White this weekend.  He's very nice.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2022, 04:45:12 AM »
Well I was in a car (sleeping) granny was driving and we where on our way to Harvard Illinois from central Wisconsin (like Dells area) only for a day trip - there and back to do something at a bank for my uncle Donnie who was in the passenger seat at the time. I had this strangest dream that I met Mark Wahlberg at the Restaurant Cheesecake Factory. I woke up thinking that was Odd it seemed so real. So Granny had already stopped at the bank now we need something to eat, for dinner so there is a restaurant called Kelley's Restaurant in Harvard IL. So granny is joking around, "we are going to eat some Kelly here" (Because my name is Kelly) and I said, "Oh you don't want to eat me, I'm all fatty and Ya wouldn't want that." Thankfully I said this outside of Kelley's Restaurant, because when I looked over to my Left at a booth Mark Wahlberg was sitting there Looking at us giggling at each other. I was so surprised to see him Alone. he had his laptop with him and his glasses that where the props for the movie of "All the Money in the World" where sitting by his computer. I was No Way that this is happening right now!!! Granny new nothing about him or his movies decided to walk towards him and grab a seat closest to him. I was like YESSSSS!!!!! this is my chance I walked up to him but then I decided to make it look like I was deciding my chair and I chose the chair across from him so I can have a good view while I eat, but not stare too much. there is about 5 people tops in this place not including the 2 waitresses me and Mark where the youngest in the place not including the 1 waitress. At the end of the meal when I was waiting for my granny and Uncle Donnie after I had paid (they ran to the bathroom) I was standing at the front. I was going to go introduce myself to Mark but I had no clue on what to say except Hi.... but I then felt like I should look at him and when I did We locked eyes and we stayed that way for like 3min tops.... it became a little awkward at the end but I don't think he minded.  :blush: :biggrin:

That's super weird that you had a dream about him and then you saw him. But the main reason I had to comment was because I briefly lived in Harvard, IL (like 20 years ago when I was a teenager) and there is not a lot of draw there, so I just think it's so hilarious that Mark Wahlberg was there! I wonder if he knows people there or something. I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember Kelley's restaurant. I probably ate there back in the day.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2022, 09:42:32 PM »

That's super weird that you had a dream about him and then you saw him. But the main reason I had to comment was because I briefly lived in Harvard, IL (like 20 years ago when I was a teenager) and there is not a lot of draw there, so I just think it's so hilarious that Mark Wahlberg was there! I wonder if he knows people there or something. I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember Kelley's restaurant. I probably ate there back in the day.

I was there between 4PM & 6PM (The sun was setting in the background) he had his laptop out so he wasn't in a rush to go anywhere soon. He was there first and I left before he did. His brother Donny lives in St. Charles Illinois Which is a few hours from there as well but I don't know exactly how long it takes to get to Donnies house from there... My Aunt lives in Bartlett Illinois which is literally next to St. Charles Illinois... so if I had to guess why he was there... Firstly let me run you by his week - The 6th of May (the Saturday Before I met him) it was his moms Birthday in Boston Area; MTV Movie Awards was the following day (Sunday) For the Transformers Movie, and from what he did from that Sunday to that Thursday to when I met him is unknown but I can only assume that he was plane hopping from one place to anther for one business or another (He is a businessman after all). He has a friend Named Tom who lives in Philadelphia and they are also business partners so he must of stopped by him for a bit. The morning of the day I met him he was at a Walburgers Grand-opening in Cleveland Ohio that was the 11th of May... As to why he decided to go to Harvard IL, that same night I think its because his brother lives in St. Charles Illinois and maybe Just maybe he wanted to go for a drive so he was looking for more locations for a Wahlburgers.

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal