collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rainbow High?  (Read 27050 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Rainbow High?
« on: March 12, 2021, 06:57:17 AM »
Is anyone in to these?  I've been looking at Amaya Raine for a while.  I love the first one with the platinum and rainbow hair but the cheerleader one with blue hair is also growing on me.  I just found out there are webisodes that go with the series but I haven't watched any of those.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline StrawberrySparkle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • He/him
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow High?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 08:32:51 AM »
I'm obsessed with rainbow high! i have all but krystal, river and stella but i plan on getting them as soon as i find them :lovey:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 08:41:09 AM »
I actually just finished unboxing Ruby. :D

I have the original six, and Krystal on the way. I like the line overall, but I don’t think I’ll be buying any more now that I have the seven rainbow colors. Having to shampoo the goop out of their hair after each unboxing gets old fast (I had to wash Sunny’s hair several times to get rid of the stickiness and lingering “hairspray smell”). Today I had to repair a split in Ruby’s scalp at the hairline, and plug several tufts back in with my rerooting tools and glue... They’re beautiful dolls, but tragically have quality control issues. :shrug:

On the positive side, their clothes are pretty awesome. :) Very detailed with contrasting fabrics and accents. I also love the shimmery face-ups and blushing—it really sets them apart from anything else in the playline doll market. Sunny’s hair color and style seem to be a nod to Sailor Moon, which  wins major points with me as well. :D
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 10:23:13 AM »
Target has a coupon this week that ends today for 25% off a toy in their Circle app.  Amaya Raine with the platinum rainbow hair came home with me today. :D  It's sad that they have bad quality control issues though.   Sunny's hairstyle reminds me of Sailor Moon too.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 06:38:06 AM »
I've decided to get Sunny also. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:51:20 AM »
I am in love with these. So far I have Ruby, Poppy, Sunny, Karma, Jade, Skylar, Krystal, Violet, Kia, Amaya (white hair), and Avery lol. Working on Bella, Stella, River, and Amaya (rainbow hair). But dealing with the fun of factory defects.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 08:17:42 AM »
I think it's crazy how MGA keeps on riffing on other franchises and now they riff on popstars and not just as a homage but straight up doing a likeness the popstar in question could sue them over because their look is part of their image.

The O.M.G. dolls are more extreme about this copying Lady Gaga, Madonna, Janet Jackson and so on, but Rainbow High has a character that is basically just Billie Eilish (the green one). They are always claiming fair use and parody but I find it super lazy. Having little homages and callbacks is fine. Monster High used to do that, too, back in the day with their popstar monsters. But only the Zombi Gaga doll was a real collab and the others were super toned down "inspired by" cases.

MGA have talented and creative designers yet they love to rely on riffing on celebs a wide audience already knows, therefore making the doll some kind of unlicensed merch.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 09:50:33 AM »
Is Series 1 the main dolls with 2 outfits?  I've been trying to figure out if the cheerleader dolls count as Series 2  or if they are still part of Series 1. 

The first set of dolls were the main rainbow colors and the newer ones  like Krystal and River are either lighter or darker shades of that?  Skylar represents blue and River is teal.

I've seen a lot of people saying one of the green dolls looks just like Bille Elish.

Ponyfan

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 10:44:33 AM »
Is Series 1 the main dolls with 2 outfits?  I've been trying to figure out if the cheerleader dolls count as Series 2  or if they are still part of Series 1. 

They're budget series 1 :)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 03:17:02 PM »
Thank you Duenia. 

I got Sunny today. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 09:49:49 PM »
I love Rainbow High, started collecting them in the Fall. I have everyone except River so far, not the cheer line though. I like to get one of each character unless they're drastically different like Amaya. I'm super excited to see what series 3 looks like.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 10:01:05 PM »
I don't own any Rainbow High dolls yet, but I would love to get into them! I love their eyes a lot!!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 09:47:37 AM »
I wanted to get Violet today but both of the ones I saw at Target were flawed. :( I checked Walmart and they only had a few dolls and only cheerleading Viloet.

I love their eyes.

Ponyfan

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 12:05:39 AM »
Yes I'm a fan of RH!

I was a fan since they leaked at that convention, and while I'm not as die hard as I am with other brands, I still really like them!

I have wave 1 Violet, and I'm planning on on getting Winter Break Violet when (or even if) she's released in Aus!

Aside from Violet, I like Kia (Im a sucker for pink and hearts) but she wasn't imported to my country unfortunately.

Have you guys seen the promo images for series 3? I'm interested in them but I wanna see the dolls before I decide to buy any.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline The-Extravagant-Pony

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »
I have Poppy. I love her! They're great quality dolls!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal