collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MiB G2 Glitter Pony is Sticky! HELP  (Read 739 times)

Offline Glistening Rainlight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Always looking for answers I never find.
    • View Profile
MiB G2 Glitter Pony is Sticky! HELP
« on: March 10, 2021, 12:30:53 PM »
I just got my order of a bunch of G2 ponies, including one Mint in Bag/Box (box had already been opened but I think most things inside had not) G2 Queen Sunsparkle (glittery) and quickly noticed she was sticking to the bag. When I pulled the bag away from her I could tell something was definitely wrong, the bag was discolored and had that pattern on it that you get when you pull wet glue away. I had to take her out, and when I did I realized it was way worse than I thought, most of her is sticky, especially her back legs. :whoa:

What do I do?! Can I fix this? I'm a little worried that if I tried to clean her off it would either make things worse or remove the glitter. At the moment I've just stood her up to give her a little air.

:yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Persona: Daylight Glisten | Avatar by me, siggy by LunaCat (Thank you! :heart:)
Art Commissions [ CLOSED ] | Wishlist | High-Priority Wishlist

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: MiB G2 Glitter Pony is Sticky! HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 01:46:04 PM »
I think this is common with the G2 glittery ponies. I know it certainly happens to the G3 glittery ponies.
Sounds like plasticizer stuff to me. There is a product called Formula 9-1-1 that is supposed to help; I've not used this product personally. It can be harsh and may remove painted features, and you'd have to re-apply as the pony becomes sticky again.
You can of course try to just clean her up with soap and water and see what happens. You may have to clean a few times until the plasticizer stops leaking.
I know the G3 glitter gets ate by the plastic and such, hopefully someone who has experience with the glittery G2 can say if their glitter gets ate too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 02:36:46 PM »
I have a MIB Hip Holly that is sticky. The 911 Twin Pines cleaner has also been recommended to me. Good luck!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline lauranthalasa

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:47:37 PM »
It’s common with sunsparkle and hip holly, but I don’t know if there’s a fix

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal