collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plasticiser leakage  (Read 3718 times)

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Plasticiser leakage
« on: March 02, 2021, 01:13:23 PM »
Hi everyone, just wondering if plasticiser leakage is more common in Brazilian ponies than in other Nirvanas...?

I have a range of Nirvanas all in a box and they've been in there for years. Occasionally I get them out to have a look at them and the last time I did that I discovered that both my Brazilian ponies are leaking but none of the others are.

I've separated them from the others and am letting them air dry. Hope that works!

Thanks!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: Plasticiser leakage
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 06:31:47 AM »
The Brazilian ponies definitely get sticky. i think they had a shiny coating that breaks down.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 06:44:47 AM »
The Brazilian ponies definitely get sticky. i think they had a shiny coating that breaks down.

Ah, that would explain it then, I guess. What would be the best way to deal with it?
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 06:49:30 AM »
i don't think they'll dry out on their own. i haven't really found a good way to solve the issue
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:44 AM »
i don't think they'll dry out on their own. i haven't really found a good way to solve the issue

Ok, thanks. I'll just keep them separated for a while and see what happens.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 01:54:46 PM »
Wash them with warn soapy water and let them dry, I need to wash my Brazil Baby Gusty as she is sticky, I should probably check on my other Brazil ponies.

The Mexican white Sundae Best ponies are VERY prone to going sticky too :(

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
Wash them with warn soapy water and let them dry, I need to wash my Brazil Baby Gusty as she is sticky, I should probably check on my other Brazil ponies.

The Mexican white Sundae Best ponies are VERY prone to going sticky too :(

Love pkw xxx

Note to self: "Don't buy any Mexi white Sundae Best ponies"  :lol:

Thanks for the tip - I'll try it! :) xx

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:19 PM »
Formula 911 from Twin Pines was developed in part to combat plasticizer leakage in vinyl dolls, iirc. I’ve used it many times on G1s and never had any ill effects. It’s not caustic or nasty at all, and gets rid of all kinds of stickiness and ick. I can’t personally speak to its effectiveness on plasticizer, as I’ve never encountered the issue in my own herd, but I’ve heard it works very well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:28:49 PM by Nemesis »
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 07:41:11 PM »
I wonder if it would help loosen neck glue.  I have a couple of g3s that need beheading. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 07:58:58 PM »
I wonder if it would help loosen neck glue.  I have a couple of g3s that need beheading.

It has never seemed to affect the neck glue on my G3s. :shrug: Formula 911 isn’t a harsh solvent by any means, which is part of why it’s considered safe for aging vinyl. It’s just really good at loosening up stickiness like old sealants, sticker residue, gum, and the like.

G3 neck glue is TOUGH. Absurdly tough. You will need something with serious kick to break it down, as even acetone hasn’t left a dent in it, in my personal experience.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 05:22:33 AM »
Formula 911 from Twin Pines was developed in part to combat plasticizer leakage in vinyl dolls, iirc. I’ve used it many times on G1s and never had any ill effects. It’s not caustic or nasty at all, and gets rid of all kinds of stickiness and ick. I can’t personally speak to its effectiveness on plasticizer, as I’ve never encountered the issue in my own herd, but I’ve heard it works very well.

oooh I have some of that! I think Brazil Baby Gusty will be getting a treatment.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »
Yep, I was afraid of that.  Now kicking myself as I just ran the dishwasher and I could have added ponies to it.  Next time...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 06:25:00 AM »

Can you get this product in the UK?

Offline Nemesis

• Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 06:57:19 AM »

Here’s Twin Pines’ shipping info page. :) It says they ship to “virtually any address in the world”, so I’m sure the UK will be fine. They do mention that there could be international shipping restrictions on some products, but since Formula 911 is one of their most gentle, eco-friendly products, I doubt it applies. I’d go ahead and place an order—they have great service and I’m sure they’d let you know up front if there were a problem. :)

Offline applejackbunny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 02:31:53 PM »

Here’s Twin Pines’ shipping info page. :) It says they ship to “virtually any address in the world”, so I’m sure the UK will be fine. They do mention that there could be international shipping restrictions on some products, but since Formula 911 is one of their most gentle, eco-friendly products, I doubt it applies. I’d go ahead and place an order—they have great service and I’m sure they’d let you know up front if there were a problem. :)

Thanks Nemesis! That's really useful info - I'll definitely give it a go!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal