collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 79933 times)

Offline bewilderness

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
Not my thing but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2021, 05:50:00 PM »
The pink Pegasus shown on the bedset looks like she has swablu wings hastily drawn on.  Its interesting that she hasn't yet made an appearance in the screen shots or toys. Maybe she's just a minor or secondary char?

I dunno... she's got to be somewhat important to make it onto merchandise like that, right? You can see her on some more merch in this screenshot from the livestream. On a heart shaped necklace (?) and she seems to be on the shoes as well.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I hope we get to see more toys soon, especially one of her! Maybe she's not as important to the film which is why Hasbro haven't shown how she looks in the movie or have officially revealed her name, but will be a main character in the series and that's why she's on at least three pieces of merch we've seen so far?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2021, 06:04:48 PM »
The pink Pegasus shown on the bedset looks like she has swablu wings hastily drawn on.  Its interesting that she hasn't yet made an appearance in the screen shots or toys. Maybe she's just a minor or secondary char?

I mean there is a lot of information that hasn't been shared. We haven't even seen our flying pom yet. Or the white pegasus...

(I misunderstood what we are talking about, so major edit here)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:11:24 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2021, 06:10:03 PM »
-
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:52:52 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2021, 06:12:16 PM »
I corrected myself. I saw swablu and thought she was talking about the white pegasus with blue wings. u_u; I'm embarrassed, so maybe unquote so people don't go on about it. If not, that's fine.

They also don't look like swablu's wings. Swablu has wings that look like clouds. The only thing odd about these wings are they aren't the same color as her body... and maybe she has a back story about that? 

Also, I would like to add her cutie mark was also on that banner... just like izzy's and sunny's.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 06:22:56 PM by banditpony »

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2021, 06:57:04 PM »
They also don't look like swablu's wings. Swablu has wings that look like clouds. The only thing odd about these wings are they aren't the same color as her body... and maybe she has a back story about that? 

The differently colored wing thing is definitely weird. I was initially thinking it was going to be the case with all pegasi in G5, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the two guard pegasi from that movie screenshot we have, so maybe it is just her? It's definitely very strange. I really hope we see a toy of her soon, I'm curious how they're going to do the differently colored wing thing with the toys. Whether they'll be directly connected to her body and they'll just be painted, or if they'll do something similar to what they did with some later G4s and the G4.5 pegasi where the wings are separate and can be moved around a ball joint (just like the G4.5 heads), and then they just use a different plastic color for the wings rather than paint them.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2021, 07:42:32 PM »

I dunno... she's got to be somewhat important to make it onto merchandise like that, right? You can see her on some more merch in this screenshot from the livestream. On a heart shaped necklace (?) and she seems to be on the shoes as well.

I hope we get to see more toys soon, especially one of her! Maybe she's not as important to the film which is why Hasbro haven't shown how she looks in the movie or have officially revealed her name, but will be a main character in the series and that's why she's on at least three pieces of merch we've seen so far?

Not unless Hasbro is going back to the old way with the collect em all mentality. Or they're saving a few things to surprise the kiddies with?

Post Merge: February 28, 2021, 07:45:21 PM

The differently colored wing thing is definitely weird. I was initially thinking it was going to be the case with all pegasi in G5, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the two guard pegasi from that movie screenshot we have, so maybe it is just her? It's definitely very strange. I really hope we see a toy of her soon, I'm curious how they're going to do the differently colored wing thing with the toys. Whether they'll be directly connected to her body and they'll just be painted, or if they'll do something similar to what they did with some later G4s and the G4.5 pegasi where the wings are separate and can be moved around a ball joint (just like the G4.5 heads), and then they just use a different plastic color for the wings rather than paint them.

G3 pegasus sometimes have different colored wings.

It could be that the underside of her wings are white and the top is pink?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:45:21 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 01, 2021, 01:47:46 AM »
Quote from: TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

G3 pegasus sometimes have different colored wings.

It could be that the underside of her wings are white and the top is pink?
No?
Top are also white.

The only g3 I know to have different wings is starcatcher. (I do not care for G3 so don't know a lot of about it). I only see animation screenshots with white wings.. and toys with or blue wings. If the giant blue wings came first, then I just see that as a gimmick, and nothing about character design. I am not sure g3 relevant, at least it's not to me.

The thing to me is visually -- those very much stand out. So I find it a bit odd. If it's just a part of the design, because her body will have more white gradient, then maybe it doesn't look as odd. And even if they are just pure white just because, I think they still look fine. I don't think negatively about them. They just stand out to me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:55:08 AM by banditpony »

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2021, 03:55:05 AM »
More g3s than Star Catcher have different coloured wings though, but it's an airbrushed gradient. Then there are Hear Bright and Star Flight that have the big flappy wings.

G1 Dream Beauties have wings in a different colour (and gradient) than their bodies, and the g2 "pegasi" have clip-on wings. There are lots of ponies with different wings than body colour, so I really don't see the issue with that. ^^'
Maybe it's because she's young and has baby down or something?

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2021, 04:24:22 AM »
I gotta say I am most interested to see brushables of the pegasi and unicorns because Hasbro could technically go the cheap route and have the wings and horns be integrated in the saddles and tiaras :|
Not trying to be overly negative, just a thought I had based on the different colors of the horn and wings on the characters we've already seen.

And before someone shows me a pic of the action figure Izzy again - I am strictly talking about the brushables here. Mostly because they give me G2 flashbacks and G2 had clip-on wings that were different colors than the main body. It also seems like toys won't have painted hooves or gradients on their legs (judging by the few pics we've gotten). I'm just thinking Hasbro will cheap out big time on these since most of the budget seems to flow into the animation.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2021, 04:32:04 AM »
More g3s than Star Catcher have different coloured wings though, but it's an airbrushed gradient. Then there are Hear Bright and Star Flight that have the big flappy wings.

G1 Dream Beauties have wings in a different colour (and gradient) than their bodies, and the g2 "pegasi" have clip-on wings. There are lots of ponies with different wings than body colour, so I really don't see the issue with that. ^^'

But what does it matter if G3 toys had colored wings? Are we just saying "G3 did it first". And are you just talking about toys? Was it a defining element for any animated character? because -- star catcher again is the one I know where some of the art was shown with blue wings, but the animation was white wings. Toys were both. Maybe she had a book with blue wings, I don't know.

Just talking about painting details on a toy seems not comparable.

Again, like, I just want to look at this pony for what she is. Comparisons seem not relevant at this time, unless we are talking about a character rather than toys. She has white wings. It stands out. Maybe for no reason. Maybe she has a reason. More to learn about it later.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:40:11 AM by banditpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2021, 06:15:34 AM »

Oh your right! I forgot about the dream beauties.

Post Merge: March 01, 2021, 06:17:39 AM

I gotta say I am most interested to see brushables of the pegasi and unicorns because Hasbro could technically go the cheap route and have the wings and horns be integrated in the saddles and tiaras :|
Not trying to be overly negative, just a thought I had based on the different colors of the horn and wings on the characters we've already seen.

And before someone shows me a pic of the action figure Izzy again - I am strictly talking about the brushables here. Mostly because they give me G2 flashbacks and G2 had clip-on wings that were different colors than the main body. It also seems like toys won't have painted hooves or gradients on their legs (judging by the few pics we've gotten). I'm just thinking Hasbro will cheap out big time on these since most of the budget seems to flow into the animation.

Not having ever seen the G2 magic winged ponies in person, I just gotta ask, were they also meant to be hair clips? Because they're made from them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 06:18:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2021, 07:43:50 AM »
@LAW
Yes thats true. I forgot about that.
The wings were a gimmick because butterfly hairclips were on trend. I'm still wondering. But I guess we could just as well end up with a G4 Princess situation were somehow the wings on the toys were different colors and sometimes separate moulds.

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2021, 08:14:08 AM »
I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I was thinking maybe we would get a head revision down the road. I think the heads look nothing like the movie characters because the toys were probably based off of 2D concept art. They probably had not done the 3D models yet.

Also, before the 2017 G4 redesign, the earth pony heads got a weird update around 2014, maybe even 2013? They actually ended up looking worse than they did before, but it definitely happened. I can't remember exactly what they changed. I think something about the position of the muzzle and I think the eyes might've been slightly altered too. I'm not dragging my Pinkie Pies out to check. XD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2021, 08:17:18 AM »
I wouldn't get my hopes up, but I was thinking maybe we would get a head revision down the road. I think the heads look nothing like the movie characters because the toys were probably based off of 2D concept art. They probably had not done the 3D models yet.

Also, before the 2017 G4 redesign, the earth pony heads got a weird update around 2014, maybe even 2013? They actually ended up looking worse than they did before, but it definitely happened. I can't remember exactly what they changed. I think something about the position of the muzzle and I think the eyes might've been slightly altered too. I'm not dragging my Pinkie Pies out to check. XD

This completely if you look at G4, there has been a ton of different poses, and head shapes. Brushables, Unicorns, Alicorns, Fashion Styles, Shining Armor, Other Boys, Funko Vinyl, Blind Bags, GOH, etc with several changes to the head designs over the years. Best to wait and at least see a few more designs.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal