collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: First Look at G5 Toys  (Read 79963 times)

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
Re: First Look at G5 Toys
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2021, 05:00:00 AM »
well..... im going to need to buy 1 at least just so  i have a pony from every generation / time they changed design... im trying to make a pony through the years display

Offline YasuSuga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Friendship Garden
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2021, 06:40:42 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like the overall mold, but I HATE the flat face with 0 sculpting and the FRONT FACING EYES WITH EYEBROWS AAAAAAAAAAA
Also the Disneyesque look its not a plus for me, idk. Maybe theyll get me in the future

Got a quick look of the G5 toys.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2021, 06:48:48 AM »
well..... im going to need to buy 1 at least just so  i have a pony from every generation / time they changed design... im trying to make a pony through the years display

Oh. I'd like to see that Drusilla.  Which one are you going to get?

Post Merge: February 26, 2021, 07:18:12 AM

Well, my negativity is unbridled here: I hate them. Good color schemes, but the heads completely undermine them and turn them into garbage. The animation faces were already overly snubby just like G4, which is an unacceptable design choice in its own right, and this is even worse! Hasbro needs to change the designs of both the media and the toys. I would rather have a year of no new MLP product than see these on shelves as they are.
   :thumb:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:18:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
It's what if G2 and G4 had a baby...
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2021, 09:29:23 AM »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2021, 09:51:25 AM »
I just posted this in the other thread but I’ll post it here, too.  Hasbro just released another short gif on Facebook along with the boy’s name:  Hitch Trailblazer.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2021, 10:28:00 AM »
It's what if G2 and G4 had a baby...

This. So true. But hey, in that sense, it feels like the revenge of G2 in that case.

"What's that, bronies? You forgot we exist? Well, we're back. SURPRISEEEEE!"

...ahem.

I feel like if there is a brushy version of the unicorn and she has nice or curly hair...I will get her. I am not sure about Sunny, her face will take getting used to. More importantly, I like orange and I like pink... but I'm kind of over orange and pink as a colour scheme in ponies? Especially those same shades of orange and pink.

It's been so used in G3 (Sparkleworks) and G4 (Scootaloo), both of which had multiple releases. I think there's also another G3 pony with that colour scheme - one who came with the scooter?

I would have loved orange with blue (yes I know there's a G3 pony like that too, but it's cool) or orange with yellow/red or some other orange combination. Orange/pink feels tired ><.

I feel like it's sad the noses are getting flatter and flatter, like pug dog memes have finally addled Hasbro's brains (I don't find pug dogs cute either, sorry anyone who does). They're not really ponies if they don't have pony faces. That is an issue. But I am not really hostile to any of this - I feel like if it eradicates bronyism and the adult-creepy from the fandom then I'm ok with it. Even if they're not absolutely my cup of tea, it really matters if the kids like them. And that will depend somewhat on the story too, since kids now are more likely to tie the toy to a show than maybe they did when us oldies were kids.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:30:09 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2021, 12:19:13 PM »
Ah!  Finally a leak that seems legit!

Hm, I definitely don't hate it, but it's not my taste either.  I'm ok with that!  Right off the bat I feel about the same about it as I did about G2 (which I in no way begrudge) - cute enough but not really something for me.

I just genuinely hope kids will like it (let little girls have fun toys, dang it), they'll offer a wide variety of individual ponies, they'll have some fun and interesting gimmicks, and that this will pretty much be the end of extremely low quality 'adult marketed' collectors items (I'm sure we'll see G1 based stuff for a while, and while a t-shirt here and there is fine, I'm tired of the poor quality and high price point 'collectors items' so many 80s/90s lines are getting right now, including non-MLP properties).

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
Ah!  Finally a leak that seems legit!

Hm, I definitely don't hate it, but it's not my taste either.  I'm ok with that!  Right off the bat I feel about the same about it as I did about G2 (which I in no way begrudge) - cute enough but not really something for me.

I just genuinely hope kids will like it (let little girls have fun toys, dang it), they'll offer a wide variety of individual ponies, they'll have some fun and interesting gimmicks, and that this will pretty much be the end of extremely low quality 'adult marketed' collectors items (I'm sure we'll see G1 based stuff for a while, and while a t-shirt here and there is fine, I'm tired of the poor quality and high price point 'collectors items' so many 80s/90s lines are getting right now, including non-MLP properties).

It's not a leak! A couple nights ago Entertainment Tonight published an article about the G5 movie (here). Then yesterday morning Hasbro held an investor stream where they revealed more, including some of the toys shown in the OP. They've been posting about G5 on their social medias yesterday and today! So this is all official news from Hasbro themselves.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2021, 02:01:47 PM »
This new style got me wondering:

Will Hasbro now start to acknowledge the existence of G2 as a toyline (not just a PC game), since G5 bares a striking resemblance? G2 may have been a bit of a failure in the US, hence the elimination from their historical lineup, but it was successful in the rest of the world.

I mean, if G5 is all about inclusion...  :cool: :silly:

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »
Love everything but the faces. I hope this is a throwback to G2!

Offline sakurakaze

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2021, 04:38:40 PM »
I feel like if there is a brushy version of the unicorn and she has nice or curly hair...I will get her. I am not sure about Sunny, her face will take getting used to. More importantly, I like orange and I like pink... but I'm kind of over orange and pink as a colour scheme in ponies? Especially those same shades of orange and pink.

It's been so used in G3 (Sparkleworks) and G4 (Scootaloo), both of which had multiple releases. I think there's also another G3 pony with that colour scheme - one who came with the scooter?

the scooter pony's name actually was scootaloo. hasbro recycled her for g3.5 which then carried over to g4. they also used the orange-and-pink colour scheme (with an added purple mane streak) for g3 pony sew-and-so, who had a lot of re-releases as well. i'm totally with you on the combination being worn out at this point.

like others have said, these look like a mix of g2 and g4. initially i hated it, but the more i look at them the more i like them. i'm excited for g5!

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
the scooter pony's name actually was scootaloo. hasbro recycled her for g3.5 which then carried over to g4. they also used the orange-and-pink colour scheme (with an added purple mane streak) for g3 pony sew-and-so, who had a lot of re-releases as well. i'm totally with you on the combination being worn out at this point.

like others have said, these look like a mix of g2 and g4. initially i hated it, but the more i look at them the more i like them. i'm excited for g5!

There was Island Rainbow, Scootaloo, Sew-and-so, Sparkleworks, Sunny Salsa.... all in G3 alone! It's a fine color scheme but yeah it's overused. I do like that Sunny Starscout is orange, but I wish her hair color was different. Something less common for an orange pony...

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2021, 06:12:16 PM »
Wasn't there Flitter Flutter or whoever? Now that's SCOOTATWO.

Sig by Starscout <3

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »
Wasn't there Flitter Flutter or whoever? Now that's SCOOTATWO.

She has the same hair colors, but she's yellow, not orange. Plus despite the hair color similarities I don't think she would have been inspired by Scootaloo, the two came out at the same time, they both debuted in the same set. But only Scootaloo was lucky enough to get rereleases while Flitter Flutter just only got the one release.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:31:27 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal