collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Baby stack toys random colors? - Pretty Pals and others?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Are Baby stack toys random colors? - Pretty Pals and others?
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:48 AM »
So I have gotten some stack toys that belongs to the pals and I see that everyone seems to have a different color combination. Is this a random thing in packageing or is this people looseing the colors over the years and replaceing them?

Also I have a wolly the lamb one that is

Lavender top
Yellow
Green
Orange
White base

I see others have

Orange top
White
Green
Blue
Yellow base

And

Blue top
Yellow
Green
orange
White base

Orange top
Green
Blue
White
Yellow base

Same thing with hoppy.

Can someone help?

And at that who elce is set and who is random?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:16:27 PM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Are Baby stack toys random colors? - Pretty Pals and others?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 10:32:21 AM »
Following because I'm curious to know the answer to this as well. I don't know anything about the Pretty Pals, but I am pretty sure my Baby Surprise came with one that had a white base, and from bottom to top the rings were pink, green, blue and yellow (I remember this because I remember being upset when the top yellow ring got lost). However, every Baby Surprise I see for sale with accessories has the base a different color and the rings in a different order. Obviously, 35 years later it's possible that a different stack toy could be substituted by the seller in some of these cases, but the wiki site lists her specifically as coming with a stack toy with a blue base, then white, pink, green, yellow (although the MIB one pictured shows it the same as mine). So I'm inclined to believe that the colors are random, but I guess I'd have to see more MIB samples to prove this one way or the other. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say on this.

Offline Leikin

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 12:10:51 PM »
I think every set has their unique colour combinations, but then in what order the ring colours comes are random.
Wanted: MOC Geman baby Lemon Drop, MIB baby Lemon Drop with purple stroller, MOC Rainbow Confetti, MOC Euro(NSS) Buttons, ,  and UK carded rainbow ponies.
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,391446.0.html
Follow me and my Collection at https://www.instagram.com/leikinit/

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 12:27:01 PM »
Yeah, this was driving me nuts when I was trying to catalog my accessories. If anyone has a definitive answer I'd be so grateful!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 12:28:29 PM »
My short answer to this question is...ugh.

My long answer is that...I have looked for a pattern without much success but think Leikin is right about the colours.
Chrissytree may also know more since she's done so much work on accessories.
Ashlyne too if she's around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:46 PM »
My short answer to this question is...ugh.

Excellent answer!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 07:51:23 PM »
Mine is so different beacuse it has a lavender top. I don't know or any stack toys that have lavender tops.
:accomplished:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2021, 09:25:10 AM »
Each stacking toy has 5 colors.  There are 4 rings and a base.  For the purposes of stacking toy identification, the base counts as a ring, and just consider it part of the rings when I talk about “the rings” in this post. 

Each stacking toy contains one ring from each if the 5 colors. There are no repeats of colors in a complete stacking toy(so no two rings should be the same color - and remember, that includes the base), and only the 5 colors from the “group” of 5 colors should be present in a correct stacking toy.  As far as I’m aware, each set has a color or colors that are unique to that set. That color/colors appear in all stacking toys from that set, but the order of the individual toy’s rings is random. 

There is some color overlap in some of the sets, but I believe each set has at least one unique color.  So you can tell that a stacking toy is from, say the First Tooth set by the unique color/colors that appear in only in stacking toys from that set, but the order of the rings will be not be a set order.  Therefore you can’t identify a stacking toy as coming from only one pony in a set a stacking toy because any pony in the First tooth set example that gets a stacking toy as their accessory will get a group of rings in a completely random order. 

To identify a stacking toy, you have to familiarize yourself with the color groups of the different stacking toys(I forget offhand, and it often comes down to specific shades anyway, but some accessory sites have pictures), and then look for the unique colors to determine which set the stacking toy is from.  Once you do that, you can assign it to any pony from that set(as long as its accessory is the stacking toy of course), and it’ll be correct.  So any stacking toy in any ring configuration that has been identified as having all 5 colors belonging to the first set of baby ponies will go with Baby Surprise or Baby Glory. As long as all 5 colors are correct and present, the stacking toy can be assigned to either pony.  This makes stacking toy identification considerably less painful than comb ID.  Just ID the set and which ponies from that set get a stacking toy, and you can give it to any of them. 

Occasionally, you will find a stacking toy unique colors that belong to different sets.  These are “Frankensteined” stacking toys that were most likely assembled from incomplete stacking toys.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 04:43:35 AM by goddessofpeep »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 06:33:33 PM »
Umm, I think I am broken now.  That is an amazing amount of info.  Is it bad that part of me is wondering how this can be used in a mystery?
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal