collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible G5 artstyle?  (Read 19055 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
Re: Possible G5 artstyle?
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2021, 06:23:16 PM »
I haven’t been keeping up with the newest developments but I find these ponies to have pleasant faces, they look friendly and sweet.  I mostly focus on the toys themselves but I still enjoy seeing any kind of MLP toys or merchandise in stores. It brings the magic back.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2021, 08:20:02 PM »
They seem pretty fakie-ish, but I'll accept anything at this point that has a lower jaw and brushable hair... I'm already bracing myself for disappointment...  I don't even care about the show/media. *cries*

:hug:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »
ETOnline just posted a screenshot!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The studio has also greenlit a new animated series for Netflix, which will take place after the upcoming movie and will focus on Sunny Starscout and her friends.
In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and Harmony have been replaced by paranoia and mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny -- a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony -- is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world, but her slightly misguided and often hilarious efforts to change hearts and minds have led to her being branded a misfit. When Sunny befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough. Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will include a daring jewel heist, outrageous conspiracy theories, elaborate musical numbers, and the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian. Their adventures will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies. The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even little ponies can make a big difference.
Sauce

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2021, 08:34:41 PM »
Oh wow, her name really is Sunny.
She has figures if the mane6 on her shelf, interesting...
I really hope we see toys tomorrow.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2021, 08:35:26 PM »
I'm most curious to see what the toys look like.

The art style looks okay to me so far, not great but also not horrendous. I like the hooves. Dislike the different colored wings and horns.

I guess we'll see.

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2021, 08:37:17 PM »
Hmm..our first look at the CG!

It's not the worst ever, but it looks like very Filly Funtasia-esque, and the shape of the face/mouth is very flat...

The plot seems vaguely interesting, I actually have a fanfic that's kinda my treatment for a new generation with a similar setup. I fear for the flying Pomeranian being an annoying minion-type character though..

Also, I'm a bit disappointed about the name choices. Ponies should have outlandish, fantastical names, not...Izzy. Sunny's fairy decent though.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2021, 08:49:12 PM »
I actually thought this was one of the toys at first, before I realized that this was just the style of animation. Hmm...not sure what I think about this. Guess I'll have to see the other characters and then the toys before making a final judgement. Those Mane 6 toys on her nightstand seem like ominous harbingers of a bunch of flashbacks the show will undoubtedly do about 'back when the world was harmonious' and the oh-so-heroic Mane 6 made sure everyone was friends with everyone whether they wanted to be or not. I wish they would have just wiped the slate clean and started fresh.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2021, 08:56:49 PM »
I think that image looks much better than the previous ones.  Less uncanny valley for me.

I agree that the names are disappointing and not very pony-like. 

I find it fascinating that they have chosen to make their primary character orange considering the general unpopularity of the color. 

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2021, 09:00:39 PM »
i think it's really cute. i'll have to see it in motion to be sure, but i'm pretty pleased with this. the names are eh but at least sunny's actually has two parts. i'm thinking the pink pegasus will own the pomeranian.

i'm really curious to see what the other characters look like. and the toys, of course!

edit: does she not have a cutie mark in the screencap?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:13:42 PM by Shrojjy »

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2021, 09:13:43 PM »
I'm loving how she looks in 3d, she looks so cute! I'm curious to see if the toys are going to look closer to the 2d or 3d art style.

I was actually watching Filly yesterday so I could compare how they looked, and this is leaps and bounds above Filly in terms of style, to me at least. The detail and lighting look better as well, though that's probably a difference in budget.

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2021, 09:29:54 PM »
I'm curious if she'll earn it when she goes on the adventure! Maybe it has something to do with "magic" being gone in this universe? Or maybe she's just waiting for something else...we saw that her cutie mark is star related earlier.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:07 PM »
They look really cute in 3D! I'm excited to see how the other two look like, and what the toys will look like. I do also think the names are weird. Sunny sounds like a pony name, but Izzy doesn't really. Granted we did have some weirdly named ponies in G1 as well with some having human names.

It looks like she doesn't! I actually didn't notice until I read this. I assume she'll get it in the movie then.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2021, 09:44:17 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a cross between Disney Jr and those cgi G2 commercials. The premise reminds me of a cross between Tales, and G3. Its whatever I guess.

Why do they need to go on a jewel heist?   :lol:

Post Merge: February 24, 2021, 09:47:14 PM

I think that image looks much better than the previous ones.  Less uncanny valley for me.

I agree that the names are disappointing and not very pony-like. 

I find it fascinating that they have chosen to make their primary character orange considering the general unpopularity of the color.

It's a pleasant enough shade of orange, I spose.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 09:57:15 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2021, 09:51:25 PM »
I'm curious if she'll earn it when she goes on the adventure! Maybe it has something to do with "magic" being gone in this universe? Or maybe she's just waiting for something else...we saw that her cutie mark is star related earlier.

ohhhh that would make so much sense! sunny starscout gets her cutie mark because she can find the star in everyone. or something like that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2021, 09:57:29 PM »
Dang. I want a creamsicle now.

Post Merge: February 24, 2021, 10:02:43 PM

I actually thought this was one of the toys at first, before I realized that this was just the style of animation. Hmm...not sure what I think about this. Guess I'll have to see the other characters and then the toys before making a final judgement. Those Mane 6 toys on her nightstand seem like ominous harbingers of a bunch of flashbacks the show will undoubtedly do about 'back when the world was harmonious' and the oh-so-heroic Mane 6 made sure everyone was friends with everyone whether they wanted to be or not. I wish they would have just wiped the slate clean and started fresh.

Same.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:02:43 PM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal