collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Possible G5 artstyle?  (Read 18837 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Possible G5 artstyle?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 12:51:14 PM »
Gettin 3.5 vibes if its true. Its a bit better then PL, but not by much.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 02:13:11 PM »
Would like to point out that it has been officially confirmed (Do a CTRL+F search for "My Little Pony" and it says it right there) that we will hear G5 news at Hasbro's press event on Thursday, so we will be seeing everything by then, and I have no doubt the toys will be the major highlight. Hopefully they look cute!

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 02:19:06 PM »
looks like those "leaks" weren't true after all!

i really like the models on the sheets. the comforter, not so much. it does indeed look like a disney junior show lol. i will say, the imalou influence is VERY obvious, which gives me hope for the style of the movie itself. i really hope it's not just these 3, though, and that the others have more creative color schemes.

edit: i really like that pegasus girl, though. the little headband is sooo cute.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:26:47 PM by Shrojjy »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 02:40:51 PM »
which part's the comforter? I think we call that something else over here, but I'm not sure what ^^; I think the designs on the bit under the pillow look a little better than the ones underneath (less uncanny).

I didn't know we were guaranteed news on Thursday, thanks for the info! Fingers crossed the toys look good. I'd forgotten the movie's going to be CGI too, so that does make me hope they look better in 3D than 2D... 2D vers of CGI chars do tend to look a little wonky (at least to me) so..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 02:41:42 PM »
These are looking more and more valid. The Cutie Marks seem to be a crown-shaped music note for the pegasus, a heart with a button and pins for the unicorn, and a shooting star for the earth pony. These line up with some shapes/motifs that have been on previously seen graphics.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »

Are you talking about the like... 2017 ones? Those were years ago, so of course a lot of stuff since has changed. Those late 2017 leaks were definitely real. Having downloaded the leaks myself back then (I no longer have them with the exception of the images), they were very much real concepts of what they were thinking about doing with G5 at the time. But that was a few years back, so naturally plans have changed since. But those leaks also contained many staff emails (like the actual email files), and information about the at the time unaired season 8 of FiM and information about the also at the time unreleased Best Gift Ever line, all of which ended up being entirely accurate to what we got with season 8 and Best Gift Ever. Those were absolutely real leaks back then, they just ended up scrapping the idea of sticking to the Mane 6 for the main ponies and decided to do new characters instead. Things can change in the span of 3 to 4 years.

which part's the comforter? I think we call that something else over here, but I'm not sure what ^^; I think the designs on the bit under the pillow look a little better than the ones underneath (less uncanny).

I didn't know we were guaranteed news on Thursday, thanks for the info! Fingers crossed the toys look good. I'd forgotten the movie's going to be CGI too, so that does make me hope they look better in 3D than 2D... 2D vers of CGI chars do tend to look a little wonky (at least to me) so..

The comforter is the thicker one on top!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:44:10 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 02:45:28 PM »

Are you talking about the like... 2017 ones? Those were years ago, so of course a lot of stuff since has changed. Those late 2017 leaks were definitely real. Having downloaded the leaks myself back then (I no longer have them with the exception of the images), they were very much real concepts of what they were thinking about doing with G5 at the time. But that was a few years back, so naturally plans have changed since. But those leaks also contained many staff emails (like the actual email files), and information about the at the time unaired season 8 of FiM and information about the also at the time unreleased Best Gift Ever line, all of which ended up being entirely accurate to what we got with season 8 and Best Gift Ever. Those were absolutely real leaks back then, they just ended up scrapping the idea of sticking to the Mane 6 for the main ponies and decided to do new characters instead. Things can change in the span of 3 to 4 years.

I think they were referring to the "I saw an early screening" forum post from October/November last year. Those posts said the mane cast wasn't going to have an earth pony in it.

Offline Shrojjy

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 02:48:19 PM »
i am surprised that after the AJ conundrum from the 2017 leaks, they put an orange, ponytail-ed earth pony front and center. :silly:

also just realized those aren't sheets, it's the blanket/comforter folded over. oops!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:50:48 PM by Shrojjy »

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »
I think they were referring to the "I saw an early screening" forum post from October/November last year. Those posts said the mane cast wasn't going to have an earth pony in it.

Ahh yeah I forgot about that one even though it was more recent lol. I'm glad that ended up not being the case. Earth ponies have always been such a staple of the franchise!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Shrojjy

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 03:06:20 PM »
i sure wish i didn't have to dig through this place to find G5 info buuuut here's a post i found from january that got the designs right. i swear i got something this time! :P
Spoiler
"These aren’t the same designs, but they could definitely be nicknames!! Izzy is a long haired unicorn like rarity, with a dual colored mane, colored a bit like twilight in her body, but blue to purple gradient hair. Zipp is a rainbow dash lookalike. Same hair and everything, but white fur, and pink and blue striped hair. Pipp is a smaller Pegasus (not a foal) who’s pink with purple hair, and she has weird wings. They’re not the regular kind of Pegasus wings. And Sunny is an earth pony colored like scootaloo but with longer hair. The two boys look like Big Mac and then the other one is yellow and green? But with that picture it seems like they’ve changed the boy to a girl with that model. Those little toys are the exact designs of the other four girl characters though (the picture where it says “movie characters” not the one with magic mimic and stuff)"

toys they're referring to (from the taobao logo reveal):

they said they were pretty sure the names were placeholders, also.

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 03:18:35 PM »
i sure wish i didn't have to dig through this place to find G5 info buuuut here's a post i found from january that got the designs right. i swear i got something this time! :P
Spoiler
"These aren’t the same designs, but they could definitely be nicknames!! Izzy is a long haired unicorn like rarity, with a dual colored mane, colored a bit like twilight in her body, but blue to purple gradient hair. Zipp is a rainbow dash lookalike. Same hair and everything, but white fur, and pink and blue striped hair. Pipp is a smaller Pegasus (not a foal) who’s pink with purple hair, and she has weird wings. They’re not the regular kind of Pegasus wings. And Sunny is an earth pony colored like scootaloo but with longer hair. The two boys look like Big Mac and then the other one is yellow and green? But with that picture it seems like they’ve changed the boy to a girl with that model. Those little toys are the exact designs of the other four girl characters though (the picture where it says “movie characters” not the one with magic mimic and stuff)"

What a weird coincidence... ;)

Does this mean we'll get a Mane 5? I'm excited to see the green/yellow one! I'm liking the Cutie Mark designs of the ponies so far, and they're much more interesting visually than the Mane 6.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 03:20:56 PM »
Spoiler

Does this mean we'll get a Mane 5? I'm excited to see the green/yellow one! I'm liking the Cutie Mark designs of the ponies so far, and they're much more interesting visually than the Mane 6.

Where are those names coming from, it didn't say it on that page.. or did I completely miss it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 03:26:05 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 03:34:00 PM »
Meh. I don't like what I see. Looks like a blend of G3 and Filly Funtasia cartoon styles blended with a pinch of Pony Life toys.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Shrojjy

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »
Where are those names coming from, it didn't say it on that page. I did a tiny bit of translation, but then there was one character I couldn't see well so stopped.

names aren't from the bedding page, they're just what this person called them. i'd imagine they aren't the official ones... or at least, i hope so.

seems like there's potentially a big mac lookalike that's not pictured, so 4 girls/2 boys. i agree about the cutie marks, glad they not only kept them but jazzed them up a bit.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 03:55:47 PM »
Where are those names coming from, it didn't say it on that page. I did a tiny bit of translation, but then there was one character I couldn't see well so stopped.

names aren't from the bedding page, they're just what this person called them. i'd imagine they aren't the official ones... or at least, i hope so.

Oh ok. Eeeeh. yeah, so not official. Where are you grabbing that info from?

Anyway. I decided to hunt down a better image so I could look at it one more time.
电影5个人物
Translates to 5 movie characters -- didn't realize that before. :/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 04:01:58 PM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal