collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day...my 75-cent Heartthrob! (and other recent acquisitions)  (Read 1481 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
This was my first pony purchase of 2021, a Heartthrob I managed to nab for 75 cents! I've been meaning to post this since I got her, but figured Valentine's Day was a good day to show her off. I wasn't really looking for a Heartthrob, since I already had a SS version, but for the price, I couldn't not get her. I wish I had gotten my SS one in the pic too to show off the whole family; maybe I'll update it when I take one. She wasn't mint, as you can see from the before picture, but she cleaned up really nicely. (Click on the pics to see them more clearly; for some reason my pics I post always look blurry, at least on my device.)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here she is with her daughter...

Then I managed to find this beautiful bright white Starshine...no symbol rust! She was the last pony I needed to complete my first set of rainbow ponies...I was starting to think I'd never find her in good condition, but she fell into my lap and I'm happy to have her in my herd.

This girl I was super excited about getting...I'm slowly working on getting all the Brush-n-Grows and Bouquet was sort of a low-key grail of mine. Unfortunately, despite looking really good and white in photos, she was a bit of a let-down once she showed up; she looked dingy and was sticky. I cleaned her up with my white-pony regimen of dish soap and Oxyclean followed by whitening toothpaste and baking soda, and after sitting long enough for her hair to dry, she seemed to have brightened up. She has really nice hair, and her mechanism still works, so I guess I'm happy enough. I've seen Bouquets in much worse condition selling for more than I paid, so I can't complain.

I didn't post pics of my last one...Starflower showed up with a big chunk cut out of her mane. It was undisclosed in the listing and the hair was styled in a way that I couldn't see it in the photos...I guess I'll try to rehair the cut parts, but I'm not sure how I'm going to remove only the cut pieces of mane without pulling out the good hair...it was so disappointing. Anyway...Happy Valentine's Day pony friends!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
congrats they are lovely
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Congrats! Great find

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Congrats & glad at least two cleaned up so well xxx Your Starshine is gorgeous too
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
They are so lovely Amalthea. You must be thrilled.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Heart Throb is a lovely pony indeed, I have one myself.
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal