collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: photo review of funko pop scented cotton candy  (Read 2423 times)

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Re: photo review of funko pop scented cotton candy
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 01:45:13 PM »
People might be interested to know that they seem to be available from Pop in a box. Apart from the exclusives. I ordered my keyring from there months ago and hadn't even realised some of them were meant to be exclusives. :(
They seem to ship worldwide and have a couple of different regional websites.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:46:49 PM by aria_elwen »

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 02:15:23 AM »
She looks like something out of a 1920s cartoon.
Inka Dinka Doo
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 08:05:27 PM »
She looks like something out of a 1920s cartoon.

omg she does :lol: something in the back of my head was wondering what was familiar about her LOL.
i might do a Bendy eye on her :lol:

Post Merge: February 09, 2021, 08:17:33 PM

Aww cute! I have a really hard time with Funkos, but these are kind of adorable :D I hope they make it to Sweden, I'd love to get my hands on a Minty ^^
Why is there no Blue Belle tho :(
i would keep looking around.  i wasn't expecting to see them here as we missed out on the 35th retros and this online/ pick up store had blue belle as well the scented cotton candy so had the both exclusives there, they just didn't have the keychains though.
the only thing blue belle wasn't on the back of the box which i thought was weird.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 08:21:09 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
the only thing blue belle wasn't on the back of the box which i thought was weird.

I don't think they put the exclusives on the back of regular-issue boxes, I think I remember noticing that with other POPs. I guess it'd be misleading maybe? Especially since the exclusives aren't available in every country.

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 12:18:39 PM »
Ugh, Funko's quality is SO horrible for their price point.  Compare their bad seam lines and paint jobs to something from, say, Tokidoki or Kidrobot and it's just appalling.  Their price point doesn't even have the decency to be lower than other vinyl/resin art toys.

Looking at my unicornos - they look precisely like their product photos, and all of them have no seam lines or they're just BARELY visible.  Their paint is all spot on, down to tiny details - nothing is smudged, blurry, or out of place.  They're about $12 USD and admittedly smaller than funkos, but it makes their attention to detail all the nicer.

I have other import vinyl which does run spendier but the quality is just astronomically better.  This looks like it's it's own dollar store knockoff.

(I'm super biased - I absolutely hate Funko's style, business model, and that they single-handedly destroyed the American vinyl artists market with their garbage 'collectables'.)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 01:02:06 PM »
Ugh, Funko's quality is SO horrible for their price point.  Compare their bad seam lines and paint jobs to something from, say, Tokidoki or Kidrobot and it's just appalling.  Their price point doesn't even have the decency to be lower than other vinyl/resin art toys.

Looking at my unicornos - they look precisely like their product photos, and all of them have no seam lines or they're just BARELY visible.  Their paint is all spot on, down to tiny details - nothing is smudged, blurry, or out of place.  They're about $12 USD and admittedly smaller than funkos, but it makes their attention to detail all the nicer.

I have other import vinyl which does run spendier but the quality is just astronomically better.  This looks like it's it's own dollar store knockoff.

(I'm super biased - I absolutely hate Funko's style, business model, and that they single-handedly destroyed the American vinyl artists market with their garbage 'collectables'.)

:iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2021, 02:24:59 PM »
I agree with your last point especially, Featherwurm! Tokidoki has stellar QC and I wish Hasbro had gone that route instead, but last I looked they tried to sue them over one of the blue/rainbow unicornos so unfortunately that probably took it off the table.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 06:29:51 PM »
I had no idea Mighty Ape had them!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2021, 09:08:33 PM »
I ordered the 6 collectors and 2 keychains from Hot Topic and they came today.  They're really cute in person and I think I need to get some extras to make a Peachy and maybe a Bowtie. 

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 06:08:08 AM »

I never really considered Funko "vinyl art". To me they are affordable licensed collectibles. If you like a thing you can often at least find a Funko for it even if nobody else wants to bother making merch for it.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
What in the world!? I had no idea these came out!

I'm not a big Pop person but I really love these for some reason. I might need Minty. >_>

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal