collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 57335 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!
« Reply #600 on: October 13, 2021, 04:37:40 PM »
My Little Pony's Facebook page posted pics of these flower sculptures of Izzy, Sunny,  Pipp and Zipp.  They are somewhere in Los Angeles. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The other pics had people in front of the ponies. 

Ponyfan

Well, that's one form of promotion o.O
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 13, 2021, 04:37:59 PM »
I seriously have lots of thoughts on Izzy, but the idea of her being into bugs is a nice one, since there's that annoying stereotype that girls are meant to not like bugs...

Perhaps more importantly, though, it feels like threads from the m6 archetypes are being plucked out and reorganised to flesh out these characters a bit more.

Doesn't look like CG to me on the netflix animation style...unless that's experimental.

Hey! I resemble that stereotype.  :silly:

*gives cookies*

*Offers fruits*

Gasp! Healthy eating? ;)

There's nothing wrong with girls being afraid of bugs, I just think it's nice to not promote that as an expectation.

There was a lovely bit of film over here with David Attenborough and Princess Charlotte - I forget how old she was - asking if he liked spiders, because she liked them. It's not that phobias of bugs are necessarily caused by media presentations of them...but it's nice for girls to know it's okay to like bugs :)

I'm honestly worn out on the subject of tone, identifiers or whatever. To be honest, what would be nicer would be people not jumping to conclusions, especially for no reason. It's fine to ask questions, or seek clarity, that's how you come to understand other points of view. But I don't feel like the tags are very helpful in the main to neurodivergent communicators in particular, even though I know some really love them. They seem to be ways to avoid using actual words, sentences and such.

In any case, let's leave that subject alone and go back to the G5 stuff.

What did he say to Princess Charlotte?

Post Merge: October 13, 2021, 04:38:40 PM

My Little Pony's Facebook page posted pics of these flower sculptures of Izzy, Sunny,  Pipp and Zipp.  They are somewhere in Los Angeles. 

The other pics had people in front of the ponies. 

Ponyfan

Well, that's one form of promotion o.O

I'm not gonna lie, Moonbow has an interesting expression to say the least. But props for the hard work.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 13, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »
If this clip works, this is the moment :) It's of all of them, but from about 1 min 02 is Charlotte's question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFa4W-iKXw8

I really love spiders, so I loved that she asked that. It'd be cool to have Izzy have a spider friend...

It's not that it's a problem for people to be scared of bugs to be scared of bugs, but you know, to encourage those who aren't scared of bugs to be more confident in it, that would be great.

I'd also love to see more love for plants, because people don't treat them very well, but if we're going to save the environment, we really need to be nicer to our trees.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 13, 2021, 04:46:40 PM »
If this clip works, this is the moment :) It's of all of them, but from about 1 min 02 is Charlotte's question.

I really love spiders, so I loved that she asked that. It'd be cool to have Izzy have a spider friend...

It's not that it's a problem for people to be scared of bugs to be scared of bugs, but you know, to encourage those who aren't scared of bugs to be more confident in it, that would be great.

I'd also love to see more love for plants, because people don't treat them very well, but if we're going to save the environment, we really need to be nicer to our trees.

Aww that was a cute and helpful little video. He didn't talk down to them but answered their questions so they could understand perfectly still.  And yes,  we need to treat our plants well too.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 13, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »
Ah, yes, as a neurodivergent individual I do sometimes find it hard to interpret tone from text communication!  I interpreted that comment as something like "your favorite is wrong" but I guess it was intended otherwise :blush:  Sometimes I have trouble in real life social interactions, too, but in real life at least there are other cues i can try to use, like body language, so I'm usually okay especially if it is someone I know well...with strangers is another story...especially if they want eye contact...I can get overwhelmed.  I'm really lucky to have a BFF who is a psychologist :lol:  Anyway, the little things at the end of posts like /s for sarcasm and such, like in Wardah's article are super helpful to people like me!  Or when people use the little smiley faces.  I love the faces.  Or even varied punctuation.  I do try to use the smiley faces myself a lot of the time.  Hopefully others find it useful, or at least acceptable and not annoying.

A question I have for people who have seen the whole movie:  Alphabittle seems to be the only pony with a dramatically different body shape compared to the others.  Is that true throughout the cast of the movie?  I've really only seen the song scenes and the trailer, I think.  Is this addressed in any way?  He also has that grayscale color scheme.  I'm just curious if his body being the way it is has any significance.  He intrigues me as a character.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 13, 2021, 08:18:26 PM »

I love that clip, & I like spiders too; they get rid of the not-a-power-of-two legged bugs I despise. Not fear, & I'm fine with the majority of them outside, but in the house it's spiders only. Other bugs can get out or die
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2021, 08:21:31 AM »
Ah, yes, as a neurodivergent individual I do sometimes find it hard to interpret tone from text communication!  I interpreted that comment as something like "your favorite is wrong" but I guess it was intended otherwise :blush:  Sometimes I have trouble in real life social interactions, too, but in real life at least there are other cues i can try to use, like body language, so I'm usually okay especially if it is someone I know well...with strangers is another story...especially if they want eye contact...I can get overwhelmed.  I'm really lucky to have a BFF who is a psychologist :lol:  Anyway, the little things at the end of posts like /s for sarcasm and such, like in Wardah's article are super helpful to people like me!  Or when people use the little smiley faces.  I love the faces.  Or even varied punctuation.  I do try to use the smiley faces myself a lot of the time.  Hopefully others find it useful, or at least acceptable and not annoying.

A question I have for people who have seen the whole movie:  Alphabittle seems to be the only pony with a dramatically different body shape compared to the others.  Is that true throughout the cast of the movie?  I've really only seen the song scenes and the trailer, I think.  Is this addressed in any way?  He also has that grayscale color scheme.  I'm just curious if his body being the way it is has any significance.  He intrigues me as a character.
Smileys work great as tone indicators! Case in point: :hug:

I think you're right about Alphabittle, the other ponies don't really vary much beyond wing shape and slight differences in facial structure. I doesn't seem to have any significance beyond being a better fit for his character, being the village chief/big tough guy archetype. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2021, 10:53:12 AM »
Well, even though I'm a native speaker of English, as an autistic person, neurotypical English is not my first language either.  And for me personally, tone indicators are NOT helpful, so it's not necessarily the case that they're good for all ND people. Smilies are fine, but tone indicators are kind of like if I started writing all my posts in Japanese and expected you to go google what I was saying instead of writing it in English.

In the end, though, this was just a misunderstanding between two ND people, and frankly, those happen. We're all trying to communicate and sometimes we all fail. It's just one of those things.

In future, SunPony, if you think I'm being incoherent, instead of jumping to conclusions about my intentions, assume I'm being an idiot and ask me for clarification. :) I am often being an idiot. I'm very very unlikely to be being malicious.

All the talk about tone and stuff also has a pretty negative impact on me as I've been singled out over it for years by NT people. This is one of the places I feel fairly safe posting, because people tend to understand what I mean and are supportive when I go off on a rant about something.

I don't want that to change, so I'd much rather be asked what I mean rather than have something I say blown out of all proportion, in a way that has no resemblance to what I actually meant.

So with all that said, let's draw a permanent line under it and properly go back to talking about G5.

I think there's an earth pony in the earth town that has a more solid build than the average. Sort of with Rainbow Dashy colours. Alphabittle is kind of confusing really as a character. I don't know if the grey scheme is important, but he just doesn't somehow fit in the town, with his name, and everything. And the rainbow hoof game thing is just...it's all a bit odd, to be honest. The Unicorn place seems a bit like how the ponies were after KnightShade stole their shadows, when they first arrive - except Izzy. But Alphabittle, while cynical, doesn't seem as apathetic?

I don't know. The Unicorn place makes me conflicted, as I feel like there's a lot more going on there but we're never going to know about it because they already moved past explaining it.

Like Izzy's background as well. Why is she different and why doesn't she have any unicorn friends?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 14, 2021, 11:06:20 AM »
I don't know. The Unicorn place makes me conflicted, as I feel like there's a lot more going on there but we're never going to know about it because they already moved past explaining it.

Like Izzy's background as well. Why is she different and why doesn't she have any unicorn friends?
Remember there's a cartoon coming up. I feel like there's a lot of minor stuff like that they didn't explain because they're going to deal with it in the show (or
I hope they do) ^.^

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 15, 2021, 07:23:58 PM »
I watched this movie while my dad was at the hospital getting a procedure done  so I might not be understanding Alpahbittle correctly but did anyone else get the impression that Alphabittle deliberately picks games that are difficult for the other pony to win to so he gets their item?  I know Sunny said she could solve the puzzle cube quickly but Alphabittle decided to use the dancing game with her instead.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #610 on: October 18, 2021, 07:29:23 AM »
Not sure if anyone else saw this but I'll post the link, they're seems to be a series in the works

https://www.youloveit.com/2272-my-little-pont-5th-generation-series-g5-news-number-of-episodes.html
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 18, 2021, 07:45:59 AM »
44 minutes each? Dang, that's a little long.  I mean, if you cut out bumpers and commercials I think your average single cartoon episode was roughly around 20 some odd minutes.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 18, 2021, 08:09:34 AM »
44 minutes each? Dang, that's a little long.  I mean, if you cut out bumpers and commercials I think your average single cartoon episode was roughly around 20 some odd minutes.

I think those are the specials, the article says the regular episodes would be 22 minutes.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 18, 2021, 08:22:47 AM »

I think those are the specials, the article says the regular episodes would be 22 minutes.
Ahh okay.  I musta missed that part.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 18, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »

Ahh okay.  I musta missed that part.

I didn't either at first ;)

I wonder if they're going to netflix as well like the movie but it didn't really discuss that info.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal