collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 57893 times)

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!
« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2021, 07:07:46 PM »
Taffeta & Ponybookworm

Spoiler
Yes I understand using Politics in cartoons... I'm not mad about that, but the motto that they took away from mlp Netflix movie was so far off that I just don't agree even if i do watch fox news I'm offended. Mlp is my life you guys are like family and they just mad me upset by saying the motto of the movie is empowerment unity & reform. That's not why I love MLP's... to empower? That's not Hasbro's goal.

Thanks SunPony!  ^.^

FYI I'm not mad at anyone here, I'm not mad at all, I'm more offended... mad is too harsh.. but anyways its frustrating eaither way.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 07:21:46 PM by Starflashbaby »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 11, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »
Taffeta & Ponybookworm

Spoiler
Yes I understand using Politics in cartoons... I'm not mad about that, but the motto that they took away from mlp Netflix movie was so far off that I just don't agree even if i do watch fox news I'm offended. Mlp is my life you guys are like family and they just mad me upset by saying the motto of the movie is empowerment unity & reform. That's not why I love MLP's... to empower? That's not Hasbro's goal.

Thanks SunPony!  ^.^

FYI I'm not mad at anyone here, I'm not mad at all, I'm more offended... mad is too harsh.. but anyways its frustrating eaither way.

What's wrong with "empowerment" and "unity" anyways? Those seem like values that any decent person of any political affiliation can approve of.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Starflashbaby

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • When life throws you bricks, build a Castle!
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #572 on: October 11, 2021, 09:43:05 PM »
Thanks SunPony!  ^.^

I'm making a new topic this don't belong here anymore... this is where the last topic left off...

@Minty Magic, I'm trying to remember from the G2 comics (which I mostly no longer have) whether the G2 ponies had a lot of magic, but I think they did have some. But MLP tales also did not have magic and referenced in at least one episode an incident that was pseudomediaeval with a knight (Squire) and a dragon...which sounds a lot more like old G1.

I'm not sure about G3.

G3 didn't really have any magic to speak of, in the backcards, storybooks, and the animated media. Star Catcher is one of the characters with the most magical presence, being able to grant "wishes", but all she has are a bunch of butterflies that follow her around.

In "Dancing in the Clouds", Skywishes wishes for dance ideas for the friendship ball, Star Catcher comes out with her butterflies. The butterflies carry Skywishes around, which gives her the idea to bring them to the Friendship Ball to use for the dance. Star Catcher plays "Fairy Godmother" in a couple books, one of which her butterflies bring Twinkle Twirl a dress, and the other... I think she brings Skywishes a dress too. There's nothing MAGICAL about her, really. But she's kind of the "wish granter" and could be perceived as "magical".

However, there's a rainbow waterfall that acts as a portal between Ponyville and Butterfly Island. That's kind of magical, right?

Magic didn't come to G3 until "The Runaway Rainbow", but even then, the unicorns didn't have any powers except for the appointed "rainbow makers". Even THEN it seems to be a time-sensitive thing, and they can't make a rainbow without Rarity. Which, Rarity might be the only magic user in all of G3, relying on a magic wand that can teleport her, create rainbows, etc. She doesn't really use this until the end of the movie so (imo) she's not as "magical" as Star Catcher despite actually having magic. :P

Spike in "The Princess Promenade" slept for a thousand years so he could give a special flower to a pony and crown her Princess. Nothing magical about him, nor the flower.

Maybe there are some other smaller things but generally speaking, G3 was very... normal. :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 02:54:23 PM by Starflashbaby »

Sales, WTB, Commissions Open

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2021, 05:54:50 PM »
I would just like to state for the record that my absolute favorite line from the songs is when Hitch sings "if we fail we'll go to prison!"  It cracks me up every time.  :lol:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2021, 06:13:53 PM »
I would just like to state for the record that my absolute favorite line from the songs is when Hitch sings "if we fail we'll go to prison!"  It cracks me up every time.  :lol:

Nope. The best line involves mayonnaise.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »

Were they singing about sandwiches?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 12, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »

Which song was that from?  I don't remember hearing that in the songs, but now I want to hear it if it is that good.

Also...your response seems...condescending?  I was just giving my opinion and you are saying it is wrong?  It was just an opinion, I wasn't saying it should be everyone's favorite line, or that it was objectively the best line from one of the songs.  It is a subjective thing, in my mind, everyone can have their own favorite song lyric!  I guess you were going for hyperbole or something but it felt a little condescending, tbh.  Am I allowed to say this here?   :(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 08:39:33 PM by SunPony »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2021, 01:32:42 AM »

Which song was that from?  I don't remember hearing that in the songs, but now I want to hear it if it is that good.

Also...your response seems...condescending?  I was just giving my opinion and you are saying it is wrong?  It was just an opinion, I wasn't saying it should be everyone's favorite line, or that it was objectively the best line from one of the songs.  It is a subjective thing, in my mind, everyone can have their own favorite song lyric!  I guess you were going for hyperbole or something but it felt a little condescending, tbh.  Am I allowed to say this here?   :(

She was just being ironic because "mayonnaise" is the forced meme from the movie. Tone on the internet and all. Or is she not allowed to crack a joke? :( :cry:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 01:34:18 AM by Zapper »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2021, 06:59:01 AM »

She was simply making a joke. ;)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:22:12 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2021, 08:32:15 AM »

She was just being ironic because "mayonnaise" is the forced meme from the movie. Tone on the internet and all. Or is she not allowed to crack a joke? :( :cry:

I didn't get a jokey feeling from it.  Maybe the mayonnaise line is funny, but I don't see how that comment itself is funny.  Maybe if I heard the mayonnaise song I would get the joke!

Maybe I just haven't heard that song yet...I wonder if the lyrics are online somewhere...?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:13:43 AM by SunPony »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #580 on: October 13, 2021, 10:23:53 AM »
I think it's obvious it's a joke comment, trying to lighten the thread from the previous darker, now segregated topic.

The reality is that I posted it at 2am, didn't see the word song in the post, and that's all. My eyes skip on screen sometimes and I don't always see every word, especially when I'm tired. I just made a mistake and misread it. No big drama.

It would've been fair enough to call me out on that mistake, to which I hold up my hands, but anything beyond that is ridiculous and frankly, a bit rude.

It's a shame that it's apparently no longer possible to have light-hearted banter on pony discussion threads.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
Yeah that's clearly a joke, I don't see what the problem is at all.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2021, 12:18:25 PM »
I think it's obvious it's a joke comment, trying to lighten the thread from the previous darker, now segregated topic.

The reality is that I posted it at 2am, didn't see the word song in the post, and that's all. My eyes skip on screen sometimes and I don't always see every word, especially when I'm tired. I just made a mistake and misread it. No big drama.

It would've been fair enough to call me out on that mistake, to which I hold up my hands, but anything beyond that is ridiculous and frankly, a bit rude.

It's a shame that it's apparently no longer possible to have light-hearted banter on pony discussion threads.

This is why tone indicators are important y'all. They started on the infernal Tok but are really useful everywhere online. I see them all the time on insta.

https://www.intheknow.com/post/lh-meaning-tone-indicators-tiktok/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2021, 12:40:13 PM »
Tone indicators have been around way before TikTok was a thing.

And honestly I still don't see the problem here. Not sure why the first thought would be "this is rude and condescending!" for something that was *clearly* a joke, especially since this place is generally chill/non-volatile.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2021, 01:32:32 PM »
Conveying irony to people you don't know can always be difficult. Some people struggle with irony in general, or maybe SunPony just wasn't in the right headspace for that type of humor today. But now the misunderstanding has been cleared up, perhaps it would be best to move on? :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal