collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 57312 times)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2021, 01:12:02 PM »
Spoiler
Mayonnaise.

Spoiler
Bing Bong! Bing Bong!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2021, 01:48:32 PM »
watched the movie absolutely loved it. I'm soppy, I cried all the way through.
izzy is perfect, I love her. I was worried about Zipp being RD 2.0, but she's got some depth to her personality compared, imo. ack. I want to watch it again. i just wish the pics of Zipp for toy packaging etc wasn't the most smug face. it doesn't suit the character that well ^^'

Leave a Whisper -
Spoiler
we've always had unicorn royalty tho? I mean, Majesty in g1... but. I agree, I also hope it's not permanent tbh. it would be unnecessary. We'll see what the series says. maybe it'll just be a special magic power for certain occasions?
Also, I take it as "not as big of a deal" since noone went 'omg sunny you have WINGS' . + majority so far of Sunny toys are earth ponies, bar the RC rollerskating one. but yeah. guess we'll see what happens with that ^^'

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2021, 01:53:07 PM »
Spoiler
Wasn't really impressed to be honest. Was left with more questions than answers when it was all done like why Sunny was just arbitrarily made an alacorn out of the blue. There was also no indication of time passage between when Sunny was young and when she was older. It just happened. I also don't understand how Izzy cut the tree down. We never see her up close. One second she's shown a distance away from the others and the next the tree's been cut down. Songs were mediocre too. It seems a few bad eggs poisoned the minds of what seemed to be gullible residents in each location. It's like the G3 era except everything has literally been dumbed down. Half the movie was also spent gathering things that in the end didn't even matter. Honestly this didn't seem any better than the 2017 movie was.  :huh:

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2021, 02:08:04 PM »
StarSwirl -
Spoiler

I feel like -childhood scene - going to bed - waking up adult is a pretty common movie thing.my hubby didn't instantly recognize time had passed either, so I get where yu're coming from with that. it'd been easier to recognize if she'd had a different hairstyle as a kid or something :)

When Izzy cut the tree down there were woodpecker noises in the background. Like, she cut it down with her horn. they were fairly easy to miss, tho, so they could've made that clearer/louder :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2021, 03:03:24 PM »
I am liking this generation so much more than G4.  This movie sold me, for real.  I got *so* tired of Pinkie Pie in G4 after a while, but I feel like a few years of Izzy will be great if they keep her the way she was in the movie and don't give her more energy.  I was also impressed with how much I enjoyed Zipp. 
Spoiler
And honestly, I found myself enjoying the villain, too LOL.  He was just...so ridiculous, I loved it.  I also enjoyed the music so much more than the G4 music.  I thought I'd get sick of the pop songs, but I found myself listening to them over and over.  Even "Glowin' Up", which I didn't like at first.  But man that is an ear worm for me.  However, "Fit Right In" is my jam!  That scene is so perfect in my eyes.  When Izzy, Sunny, and Pipp start dancing together, I melted.  I think my only "gripe" is that I wish it was just a *little* bit longer?  I wanted to learn more about Pipp, since she ended up being kinda the least focused pony in the movie.  Not sure why she's getting all the merch when Zipp is the main pegasus, but I guess "pink pop pony sells".  I hope we learn more about the other ponies in the movie, too.  I *really* wanna learn about Queen Haven.  She fascinates me.  I'd also love to see some flashbacks of Izzy finding that letter that Sunny set as a filly.  It was a ridiculous coincidence, but even so, my heart melted.  Ugh I just loved the movie so much and I can't wait to see more of those ponies![/spoilers]

Offline DreamsofUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2021, 03:15:12 PM »
I am liking this generation so much more than G4.  This movie sold me, for real.  I got *so* tired of Pinkie Pie in G4 after a while, but I feel like a few years of Izzy will be great if they keep her the way she was in the movie and don't give her more energy.  I was also impressed with how much I enjoyed Zipp. 
Spoiler
And honestly, I found myself enjoying the villain, too LOL.  He was just...so ridiculous, I loved it.  I also enjoyed the music so much more than the G4 music.  I thought I'd get sick of the pop songs, but I found myself listening to them over and over.  Even "Glowin' Up", which I didn't like at first.  But man that is an ear worm for me.  However, "Fit Right In" is my jam!  That scene is so perfect in my eyes.  When Izzy, Sunny, and Pipp start dancing together, I melted.  I think my only "gripe" is that I wish it was just a *little* bit longer?  I wanted to learn more about Pipp, since she ended up being kinda the least focused pony in the movie.  Not sure why she's getting all the merch when Zipp is the main pegasus, but I guess "pink pop pony sells".  I hope we learn more about the other ponies in the movie, too.  I *really* wanna learn about Queen Haven.  She fascinates me.  I'd also love to see some flashbacks of Izzy finding that letter that Sunny set as a filly.  It was a ridiculous coincidence, but even so, my heart melted.  Ugh I just loved the movie so much and I can't wait to see more of those ponies![/spoilers]
Spoiler
smol Izzy would be soo cute omg
Just trying to make everyone happy.

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2021, 04:44:35 PM »
I enjoyed the movie very much.  I teared up a few times.  My parents liked it as well.  I gave them both a pony to hold from the new line.  My dad had Hitch but then wanted to trade for a different one once the movie started. I’m happy with the new characters and their voices and personalities.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2021, 05:21:48 PM »
watched the movie absolutely loved it. I'm soppy, I cried all the way through.
izzy is perfect, I love her. I was worried about Zipp being RD 2.0, but she's got some depth to her personality compared, imo. ack. I want to watch it again. i just wish the pics of Zipp for toy packaging etc wasn't the most smug face. it doesn't suit the character that well ^^'

Leave a Whisper -
Spoiler
we've always had unicorn royalty tho? I mean, Majesty in g1... but. I agree, I also hope it's not permanent tbh. it would be unnecessary. We'll see what the series says. maybe it'll just be a special magic power for certain occasions?
Also, I take it as "not as big of a deal" since noone went 'omg sunny you have WINGS' . + majority so far of Sunny toys are earth ponies, bar the RC rollerskating one. but yeah. guess we'll see what happens with that ^^'

Spoiler
I know. I meant the earth ponies and pegasus as well. I'd like to see magical royalty distributed across all known species, is all I'm saying. Not just unipegs and the occasional unicorn.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 05:24:48 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2021, 06:05:48 PM »
Guess I haven't shared my thoughts yet. :P

Spoiler
I liked it better than the G4 movie.

The characters were more mature and likeable, they're very distinct but they feel like they would have chemistry. G4 only had the one trait per character and as a result the ponies didn't seem to mesh well together. They're supposedly "best friends forever" and even the GUARDIANS of the concept of "Friendship" yet none of them really have chemistry with each other. They just "hang out" because plot demands or they're paired up together for the sake of missions. How often do the Mane 6 hang out together, just as friends? Realistically, why would someone like Rarity hang out with someone like Rainbow Dash? Why should I believe that they're inseparable best friends until the day they die? The Mane 5 could get along with each other, either one-on-one or as a larger group.

Haven was my favourite character because vain characters tend to be my favourite. :lol: It's too bad Pipp didn't get more screentime. She was so superficial and "influencer"-y in the movie. Maybe not a good character for kids to look up to, but a fun one to watch. :biggrin:

The music I liked better in New Generation too. The G4 movie music sounded very samey, when I saw the movie in theatre I wasn't impressed by any of it except "One Small Thing" which seems to be an unpopular opinion, because that song seems to be the least popular when it comes to Youtube views. The opening song and "Time to be Awesome" sound the same, I don't remember anything from Capper's song, "Open Up Your Eyes" is overhyped. I think people just like it because of "ooh it's a villain song, just like how Disney used to do!", the singing is fine and all and I don't remember having issues with the lyrics but the instrumentals are lacking. I don't feel intimidated like I should be by Tempest, instead I'm just bored. The song lacks power. When it comes to G5 I liked all the songs, very catchy, well-sung. I might have to re-listen to the song where Sunny and Izzy run away together because I wasn't impressed by it. Maybe it will grow on me if I listen more? "Gonna Be My Day" is good, "Fit Right In" is fantastic, "Glowin' Up" was one that had to grow on me and now I like it too. Sprout's song was alright, very catchy, but the lyrics were kind of dumb. Maybe that's because he's a pathetic villain and he's not supposed to be too intimidating, the song is supposed to be dumb like him, but it's kinda... yeah, it's dumb. XD

I mentioned locations in the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I really love all three towns and I want to see them a lot in the series. Maretime Bay reminds me G3 Ponyville, very colourful. Zephyr Heights is gorgeous and I love the verticality of it, I love all the gold. Bridlewood got the least amount of screentime but I'd like to see more! Compare to the locations in G4 which was just... dirt, dirt, dirt, and more dirt. G4 Ponyville was flat with dirt roads and copypasted cottages everywhere. Like I understand copypasting things to save time and money, but you can at least change some things here and there! Everything looked the same in Ponyville! The locations in G5 have a lot of "layers" to it and are more lively.

Plot was okay. Better than G4. Like... G4 was definitely more high-stakes but G4 ALWAYS had big adventures. That was one of the issues with having a G4 movie -- what can you do that hasn't already been done before? And most people will say that the movie was worse than an average FiM episode. The Mane 6 were bumping into characters, for what reason? To sell toys that didn't even sell? Capper shelfwarmed at Target for like two years before moving to Five Below to shelfwarm there. Capper and the Pirates were worthless, Grubber was an annoying henchman, the Stormking was lame. The seaponies had like 2 minutes of screentime until Twilight uncharacteristically stole their pearl, because every kids movie needs an obligatory third act breakup scene, even if that means everyone acts out of character. Oh, and there can't be any complex emotions or any consequences, so make sure they make up and be friends again within 5 minutes. It all just felt like filler. Every character in ANG seemed to have purpose even if they didn't get that much screentime (Alphabittle...).

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2021, 07:56:54 PM »
I watched it finally! I liked it a lot more than I expected, I ended up SOBBING a few times lol. I love Izzy!!!

Spoiler
Also the ending REALLY threw me because I bought and read the little children's book for the movie and it's NOT the same ending! They really knew what they were doing with that lol

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2021, 07:41:32 AM »
I watched it finally! I liked it a lot more than I expected, I ended up SOBBING a few times lol. I love Izzy!!!

Spoiler
Also the ending REALLY threw me because I bought and read the little children's book for the movie and it's NOT the same ending! They really knew what they were doing with that lol

Spoiler
I'm really curious, how did they do the ending in the book?

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 27, 2021, 08:20:02 AM »
Did Green Guard ever get a name and symbol?

Offline serena-hime

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2021, 08:32:25 AM »

Spoiler
I'm really curious, how did they do the ending in the book?

Spoiler
It ends in basically the same way, except Sunny doesn't become an Alicorn! I felt it was a super boring ending so I was really surprised by the movie ending lol they must have omitted the full ending to maintain the surprise, I'm sure they knew fans would get ahold of the book and spoil it.

Offline NanoRuby

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2021, 08:57:39 AM »

I can't remember if I saw a cutie mark on him, but his name is Thunder!

Is it Halloween yet?
For Sale/Trade | Wishlist
Sig by the amazing starscout!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2021, 09:02:57 AM »

I can't remember if I saw a cutie mark on him, but his name is Thunder!

That's a good name. Thank you Ruby.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal