collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 57346 times)

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Media News, updated 6/30, Voice cast!
« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2021, 06:29:38 AM »
The Jaws parody is... odd... What's a unicorn doing underwater?!

As Harrison Ford supposedly said to Mark Hamill, "it ain't that kind of movie" ('Horns' that is)  ;)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »
I figured it was a JAWS reference but a unicorn underwater... Well I wasn't sure that's what it really was. If so, that and what is being guessed about Canter Logic (some kind of extreme political radio/tv show?) paints a grim picture of the society's ability to tolerate nonconformity.  Maybe it's meant to be more light hearted and just played for laughs but wow it seems dark.  I wonder if this generation IS meant for a slightly older audience... It is rated PG... What was G4s show/movies rated?

At first I was really just interested in the new toys but now I'm very curious to see the movie.

People have been wondering if CanterLogic could be a media brand, since the ponies seem to have access to smart phones and modern technology now.

In regards tot he Jaws poster, I feel it's racial related propaganda due to the split society  :( It looks like all the other ponies on those posters are Earth Ponies
Imalou, who designed Izzy and Sunny, also did the art for those posters and said they'd be willing to share them in full with permission later, but it kind of depends on if Hasbro will let them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2021, 09:10:13 AM »
Apparently, we'll be getting a trailer in three days.

Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2021, 10:05:55 AM »
you'd think it'd be a sea pony or merpony,instead of a unicorn.  Weak forced joke, is lame.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2021, 11:16:24 AM »
Guess I'm the odd one out, but I think the HORNS movie poster is hilarious  :lol: Also loving the Harry Potter (I can't see what they're calling it) parody next to it as well!

Offline red_velvet_rose

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • *DEEP BREATH* yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2021, 11:29:38 AM »
Guess I'm the odd one out, but I think the HORNS movie poster is hilarious  :lol: Also loving the Harry Potter (I can't see what they're calling it) parody next to it as well!

I think it's Harry Trotter. :)

But if they're Earth ponies... how are they witches and wizards? Earth ponies don't have magic... that's kind of the point?
Discord: HaveAHiddles #2993
PayPal: [email protected]

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »

But if they're Earth ponies... how are they witches and wizards? Earth ponies don't have magic... that's kind of the point?
Humans don't have magic either, to be fair ;)

Though the idea of a pony Harry Potter is pretty humorous... Imagine earth pony wizards having to hide from the muggle world, a world in which magic is already well known and, y'know, kind of fundamental to how everything works. :lol:

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2021, 12:08:42 PM »

You're not alone ;)
It's harmless fun, that's all.

They could have gone for a Dr Whooves poster as well. How they managed to overlook that obvious pun is beyond me, hehe. The brony fandom would have exploded.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 09, 2021, 01:01:56 PM »
you'd think it'd be a sea pony or merpony,instead of a unicorn.  Weak forced joke, is lame.

If it was a sea pony or merpony it wouldn't drive home the message of unicorns being dangerous. Though I do wonder why they picked an aquatic themed movie for it. Like there aren't plenty of terrestrial monster movies to riff on?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline serena-hime

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »

Well Harry Trotter is presumably a fictional movie here lol, I'm assuming even earth ponies would have fictional stories about magic (just like humans do), especially since none of the pony species in this universe have magic at the moment so it's just as mythical to them as it is to us.

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2021, 09:38:27 AM »
Some images have been leaked from an upcoming "I Can Read" picture book coming out at the end of the month. Nothing really spoiler-y, but new screenshots from the movie are included. Some cute stuff too!

These look really nice! The colorful towns, the little background details like the HORNS poster... Makes it look/feel more lively, and like the whole thing has some soul and care put into it

I'm actually getting legitimately excited for G5, I didn't think I would be.

Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's trailer...

They could have gone for a Dr Whooves poster as well. How they managed to overlook that obvious pun is beyond me, hehe. The brony fandom would have exploded.

It could have been a neat subtle nod to the brony fandom and/or FiM... but that also could be why they chose not to.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2021, 10:03:16 AM »
Since the trailer will be out tomorrow I wanted to lay out my plot predictions for the movie based on toys, toy description, the synopsis, and any screenshots we get. I just want to see how accurate I am!

Sticking under a spoiler for length

Spoiler
Movie will open with a narrative about Equestria, and maybe explain what has happened to separate the societies over the years since the time of Princess Twilight Sparkle. We'll be introduced to filly Sunny and her father Argyle as they talk about the Mane 6 / Guardians of Harmony and sing a musical number (the leaked animatic). We transition into modern day where something is going on in Maretime Bay (Canterlogic?) and Sunny is out on her smoothie delivery when she finds Izzy. Sunny is super excited to see a Unicorn for the first time, but the other residents of Maretime Bay are not happy. I feel Deputy Sprout may play a bad guy role here especially, and the residents will quickly try to chase her away. Sunny wants to help her new friend and leaves town, but Hitch will try and stop her, and when he fails he will secretly follow behind the two on their Journey.

Izzy is trying to find a Gem because something is going wrong in her home of Bindlewood Forest, and she believes bringing this gem will solve it. She just accidentally found her way into Maretime Bay trying to find it. Somehow they realize the gem is actually a part of the crown owned by the pegasus queen and head to the pegasus city to steal it. They ultimately reach the sky high city of Zephyr Heights and have to traverse a mountain to sneak into the kingdom. Princess Pipp is putting on a concert, which Izzy and Sunny crash in the process of trying to steal the crown, and are captured by the guards. I feel as though Zipp will be the most helpful one, and help them escape and drag Pipp along in the process.

At some point Hitch as caught following them and now all five are together. The group then heads to Brindlewood Forest to deliver the crown/gem to the unicorn leader Alphabittle. The other ponies may have to disguise themselves as unciorns to get into the forest. The reunion of all the species along with the gem unleash magic back into the world of Equestria, and Sunny briefly gains Alicorn powers in the process.

Now that Magic has been restored, the new group of friends will have to work together to bring hope and harmony back among the ponies of all kinds, cue series.

Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 12, 2021, 06:22:23 AM »

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 12, 2021, 07:04:38 AM »
Well it certainly looks fantastic. I was hoping for a bit more plot details. I can see this being a hit.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #344 on: August 12, 2021, 07:19:49 AM »
It’s here

https://youtu.be/J2I5HtYlwrQ
Basically G3 but "What if everyone jumps to conclusions?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal