collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 58158 times)

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Media News, updated 5/29, Movie Title...again
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2021, 02:14:04 PM »
I just never understood why "everypony" was a thing in the first place. "Everyone", "everybody", HOW are those words human-specific?!? Ponies have bodies!! It just sounds so weird and forced to me, it's unnecessary. I'm annoyed to see it show up in this gen, too.

I honestly agree. It was cute at first, but then it quickly got into weird territory with the School of Friendship arc and how they kept using "everycreature" to refer to non-pony creatures. That honestly made me cringe a little. Just say everybody, dangit!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2021, 02:40:41 PM »
I just never understood why "everypony" was a thing in the first place. "Everyone", "everybody", HOW are those words human-specific?!? Ponies have bodies!! It just sounds so weird and forced to me, it's unnecessary. I'm annoyed to see it show up in this gen, too.

I agree with all your points. And I don't understand why some people think it sounds human centric. It's a weak argument.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2021, 06:25:38 PM »
That was essentially my problem when people complained about when ponies didn't say it, despite liking the "everypony" thing myself - as I said, it should be an alternative rather than a replacement.

Like I say, I like it (and it never sounded forced to me personally, but I respect your opinion), but it made no sense to treat it as a replacement, because like you say everyone/everybody and the like was never human specific - I honestly thought it was supposed to be an alternative until I found out it wasn't.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2021, 07:12:44 PM »

I honestly agree. It was cute at first, but then it quickly got into weird territory with the School of Friendship arc and how they kept using "everycreature" to refer to non-pony creatures. That honestly made me cringe a little. Just say everybody, dangit!

:iconclap:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2021, 07:52:26 PM »
Oooo thanks for sharing all those book images!  Baby Sunny is so cute!  Her dad is kind of giving me uncanny valley vibes, but Hitch kind of does as well.  I wonder why...I like their colors and such so I'm guessing its something about the head shape. 
Yeah, I bet the "non-flying pegasi" issue will be taken care of during the movie :)
I for one LOVE the horse puns.  Bring 'em on!  I don't care one way or another about "cutie mark" and "everypony"

This was posted in the book listings, gives a bit more info on the plot...not sure if anyone else posted it?  Here goes:
Spoiler
The pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. (GASP!) Friendship & Harmony have been replaced by paranoia & mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny – a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony – is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world… however, when she befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough.  Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies.  The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even LITTLE ponies can make a BIG difference.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2021, 10:20:31 PM »
This was posted in the book listings, gives a bit more info on the plot...not sure if anyone else posted it?  Here goes:
Spoiler
The pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. (GASP!) Friendship & Harmony have been replaced by paranoia & mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny – a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony – is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world… however, when she befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough.  Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies.  The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even LITTLE ponies can make a BIG difference.

Man I can't tell if this is the same paragraph they used just about everywhere else or if it's just eerily similar to it. I definitely feel like I've read some of those sentences word for word multiple times already but not all of them...?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2021, 05:59:07 AM »
Spoiler

Man I can't tell if this is the same paragraph they used just about everywhere else or if it's just eerily similar to it. I definitely feel like I've read some of those sentences word for word multiple times already but not all of them...?

That's kind of how I felt, only one of the sentences has a tidbit of info I don't think I knew before, the one about how Sunny and Izzy meet. But I may not be totally caught up on all the g5 news!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline TwilightStarshine

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2021, 09:26:30 AM »
Spoiler
*sees picture of small Sunny looking at the mane six and listening to bedtime stories*

One of the cutest things I have ever seen. :biggrin: I can't wait to see more pictures of the movie. That annual featuring the mane six is a must-have. :good:

As far as the movie goes...

Spoiler
My Little Pony: A New Generation

Obvious title is obvious.

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »
Those necks in some of the illustrations are throwing me off.  :blink: :blink:
Llamas? ponies :shocked: I do like where this is going so thumbs up to the newest generation.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 26, 2021, 12:00:13 PM »
Those necks in some of the illustrations are throwing me off.  :blink: :blink:
Llamas? ponies :shocked: I do like where this is going so thumbs up to the newest generation.

Llamas...Ponies

So that's where My Little Lony comes from

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2021, 06:26:26 AM »
The style in the 2D art is really a mix of G2 and G4 from what I can tell.

Not a fan of all the animals/pets having a horn though :x
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2021, 11:05:46 AM »
Alan Shumuckler and Michael Maher appear to be our newly listed composers for the new film. EQD discovered this after Alan's credit website was submitted, where he is cited as being behind the music and lyric production for "My Little Pony 2" (Netflix/Hasbro)

https://www.alanschmuckler.com/bio

So there's another awful movie name  :lol:
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2021, 11:16:01 AM »
Alan Shumuckler and Michael Maher appear to be our newly listed composers for the new film. EQD discovered this after Alan's credit website was submitted, where he is cited as being behind the music and lyric production for "My Little Pony 2" (Netflix/Hasbro)

https://www.alanschmuckler.com/bio

Spoiler
i hope we get something silly :P

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2021, 01:16:23 PM »
I think I spied another addition to the book lineup that I haven't seen yet. This one is called "Sunny's Day" and is part of the "I Can Read" series for young readers. Has a February 2022 release date. This refers to it as just My Little Pony: New Series

https://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Sunnys-Comics/dp/0063037483/
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2021, 01:44:23 PM »

The movie title isn't updated there yet, I've seen "A New Generation" used pretty much everywhere else now.

Here's red eye Pipp.
On a sidenote, the duplicate wikis for G5 got redirected to my wiki since Fandom's policy is "no duplicates". It should be easier for people to find information and stay up to date now.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal