collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G5 Media News, movie is now out on Netflix!  (Read 58182 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G5 Media News, updated 4/9
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2021, 10:36:16 AM »
I really like Zipp's design, too! Both ponies look good, even though I'm not a fan of the eyebrows. Can't wait to check out the animation.

Not sure how I feel about them using technology...I guess we can throw out any hope of it being any kind of fantasy pony world. Oh well.

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2021, 10:43:29 AM »
Ooh, I love that they're going with different wing designs for each pegasus! Although, and this is pedantic- the wings they chose for Zipp don't look quite right. Long, narrow wings like that are built for slow, long-time gliding - not speed - but Zipp's name and design definitely make her out to be the Rainbow Dash of this generation. Then again, ponies have smartphones now, so clearly nothing matters anymore. XD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:46:37 AM by Luxrayx »

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2021, 11:14:20 AM »
Not sure how I feel about them using technology...I guess we can throw out any hope of it being any kind of fantasy pony world. Oh well.

In Tales, didn't they drive cars, use computers and watch television?  Maybe they're going for that kind of vibe.  :shrug:

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2021, 11:33:55 AM »
they look sooo good! love the idea of different wings. also, thinking this means sunny and hitch are not related.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2021, 12:48:54 PM »
Boo on the human faces,  and Zipp's head looks like a paintbrush. Shame, she's got nice colors. Kinda reverse Gusty. And Pipp's wings went from swablu to cotton candy.

Post Merge: April 09, 2021, 12:52:18 PM

I really like Zipp's design, too! Both ponies look good, even though I'm not a fan of the eyebrows. Can't wait to check out the animation.

Danny brought his camera and tape recorder along.  Trucker and Tug had a monster truck and ship. Paradise Estate has a tv and a fridge. Tales was set in modern suburbia.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:10:34 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2021, 01:57:30 PM »
Now I can't unsee the paintbrush head. XD Dang.

I didn't mean to imply that MLP has never employed technology in its animation in the past, just that it's kind of a clue to the tone this one will take, if that makes any sense. Looks like it will be more of a modern world, much like Tales (at least I assume--I'm not too familiar with Tales; I put it on for my son once while we had a week-long free trial of Starz, and only sorta watched out of the corner of my eye while I did some housework--most of what I know about it is from hearing you guys talk about it) rather than a medieval-type setting. (Medieval isn't the right word I'm looking for, either...darn brain cells are going awol after a week of no sleep!)

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2021, 02:25:04 PM »
These don't appeal to me from the animation alone.  That being said I will wait until I see the toys before I decide if I like them or not.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
Now I can't unsee the paintbrush head. XD Dang.

I didn't mean to imply that MLP has never employed technology in its animation in the past, just that it's kind of a clue to the tone this one will take, if that makes any sense. Looks like it will be more of a modern world, much like Tales (at least I assume--I'm not too familiar with Tales; I put it on for my son once while we had a week-long free trial of Starz, and only sorta watched out of the corner of my eye while I did some housework--most of what I know about it is from hearing you guys talk about it) rather than a medieval-type setting. (Medieval isn't the right word I'm looking for, either...darn brain cells are going awol after a week of no sleep!)

May you have many good nights rest

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:31 PM »
Oh I looove Zipp's design!  She and Izzy are quickly becoming my favorites, though I guess we'll see what happens when we discover their personalities.  I'm getting a "Rainbow Dash" vibe from Zipp's stance in the image of her, and I would love for her to be tough and loyal, just without the Dash ego LOL. 

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2021, 06:23:13 PM »
G5 is supposed to still be taking place in Equestria, but some time after G4, correct? It makes sense the technology would have advanced in that time.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2021, 07:29:58 PM »
So "my little human", it is gross.
And oh, not a snooty pony again :(

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2021, 04:12:43 AM »
And oh, not a snooty pony again :(
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe we know anything about either of their personalities.
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2021, 06:20:27 AM »
To me Zipp looks serious and no-nonsense. But its hard to say for sure.

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2021, 07:39:02 AM »
I was digging their design even though it looks like "basic refined 3D Disney movies" designs (see : Tangled, Frozen, Moana, Raya and the last Dragon). I particularly enjoy the variety in wing shapes, horns and those feathered hooves. I'm not certain I will enjoy the tone of the movie now that I see they get that contemporary as to having smartphones.

Shame...Wait and see, but they set my hopes lower.  :blush:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2021, 07:54:44 AM »
Absolutely LOVE Zipp, Pipp is quite adorable too- it looks like her wings are covered with clouds? They kind of remind me of Flutter Pony wings actually. And the tiara...I wonder if she's a princess of some sort?

Not super keen on the phone, I expected this generation to be more modern but not THAT modern lol. The hoof-shaped Popsocket on the back of the phone is hilarious though.

Still really not interested in the toys, but the animation and character designs look exceptional- if not still a little too human, imo. Get rid of the eyebrows pls
I recall someone finding the toy information or some sort of information. Pipp is supposed to be something akin to a popstar, so something like the Princess of Pop so to speak.

According to a plushie reveal recently, Pipp has a music note symbol with a crown shape on top while Zipp has a 2 colored lightning bolt symbol with again a crown shape on top. (I wonder if they are twins or how far apart in age they are)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal