collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Lemondrop's hair  (Read 536 times)

Offline aria_elwen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Baby Lemondrop's hair
« on: January 18, 2021, 02:31:05 PM »
Curiosity compels me I'm afraid.

I know it is generally accepted that ponies are made in batches, some early, some late and I'm wondering if this (combined with age is the issue - I'm leaning more towards age).

I'll paraphrase this by saying my Baby Lemondrop is packed in a box so I can't easily get her out and take a photo, more's the pity.

So, hair. In pictures I've most often seen the stroller baby Lemondrop with either straight or loosely curled hair. Mine has hard curls and when I say hard, I mean crispy as though someone put too much hairspray on her. This is definitely not the case by the way. I know this baby's history and she was bought new from the Toymaster in Tavistock in 1994 (at the earliest) 1997 (at the latest) but I believe closer to 1994. I kid you not. But most importantly I never touched her curls, they bemused me and bewildered me as a small child whose ponies generally had straight hair and most certainly never looked like solidified in place.

Now obviously I don't know how the toy shop treated her in the possibly ten years she was resident (this shop was a positive treasure trove until the late 90's/early 00's if I'd had the money I could have bought the School of Dance and innumerable other things) but in all the pictures of her I've seen online I've never seen one with a perm job like it.

So, yes the question, to those who may remember theirs new: did yours also have crispy curls? Or is mine just an oddity who was stuck in a toy shop for ten years?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Baby Lemondrop's hair
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 08:25:16 AM »
I didn't have her from new so this is a response to take with caution - but I have had several BLDs loose over the years and I have definitely seen ones with hair how you describe.

I have one with paler and one with darker symbols, they both have curl but it's more silky than crispy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal