collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Red vs Pink Cherries  (Read 859 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Red vs Pink Cherries
« on: January 14, 2021, 09:10:24 PM »
What's the reason for Cherries jubilee sometimes having pink cherries and sometimes having red cherries?

I think I saw someone else bring this up but it was on a Facebook group and it was so many months ago, there's no way to find it. And I just can't remember if it was because one was a So Soft that was deflocked, or what.

All are Hong Kong, no other differences.
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: Red vs Pink Cherries
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 01:24:11 AM »
I have always thought that the factory used paint that was "close enough" to a cherry colour when refilling their painting machines, be that shades of red/orange/pink.

Therefore there are subtle colour variations between the same character - which makes it exciting & appealing for some collectors who want as many examples that they can find!

Back in the 80s, who knew that pony collecting would become so popular 40 years later?  :lol: Back then, I suppose quality-control was not as strict as today, and I find it charming!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 07:32:19 AM »
I think  they are just different releases? I have some really different CJs, all HK stamped. Taffeta's page has some more information about UK releases: http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/cherries_jubilee.htm
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 10:14:06 AM »
Batch differences, different releases, fading... I'd be surprised if you found two with the exact same color, honestly.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:36:18 PM »
Batch differences, different releases, fading... I'd be surprised if you found two with the exact same color, honestly.

I've had 6  for sale at one time and most were the same. Just one was pink.
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »
Cookies to Artie :)

CJ is one of my special ponies, so yay, I get to talk about her a bit here :D

There are three reasons. One is batch difference. Y3 CJ was issued in a LOT of countries and a LOT were made. There are wide ranges of colours between a paler salmon and a more orangeish tone. These are all normal.

Two is fading. That's more likely on a worn looking toy, the cherries look bleached out.

Three is variation. In the Uk and in Europe (and maybe South Africa?) we had other versions of CJ that didn't get sold in the US and Canada. We had the year 3 one as well, though, so all those orangey versions also exist here.

The 1986/7 versions of Cherries Jubilee in Europe and the UK have much darker symbols. THe link Artie posted shows images and you'll see how dark they are. The UK 2nd Edition CJ has straight hair - like Posey, it has never been curly. The European one has curls. The UK one was made to match the rest of her set, who all have straight hair.

I don't think anyone would bother deflocking a SS CJ since the regular one is so common. But the colour of symbol that the UK and Euripean 2nd editions have is probably around the same shade as the SS under the fur.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 01:04:55 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal