collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poses you would have liked to see?  (Read 2328 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Poses you would have liked to see?
« on: January 13, 2021, 05:49:28 PM »
Ponies come in many different poses, but there is always room for imagination!  Are there any poses you think would have been perfect for a certain generation, or set?  A pose you just think could have looked interesting?

The idea that originally started me thinking about this was when I realized that, if I'm remembering correctly, no my little pony brushable was ever made in a grazing pose.  Some of the merch I had as a kid featured ponies in grazing poses and I thought they were cute like that!  Granted, like the sitting pose, maybe it wouldn't have been awesome for play...but it's just something to think about.

I also think that G2 could have done some more dynamic-looking poses with those long legs, but I haven't really thought about specifics.

Share your own thoughts about unused poses  :)
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Poses you would have liked to see?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:14:14 PM »
Only adult Earth Ponies reared, & not in the UK. I love how HQG1C has made Spangled Star a rearing unicorn & several rearing baby Earths too, including Customisable ones. They add an extra dynamic to the line for me.

I'm sure a lot of Phony poses will come in here.

otherwise my favourite Baby picture pose is the spreadeagled one. It just looks so cute!!! By spreadeagled I mean this:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Another thing I'd like to see is sitting Babies, or more Ponies with moveable back legs so they can sit. G2 & G3 have both done this successfully, & I'd love to see more G1s who can sit as well.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:16:43 PM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 07:24:43 PM »
Well, there's something that was seen, but not in all generations. The G1 Posey pose was a favorite, and it's plain to see why. The pose is dynamic and interesting, but still neutral enough that it's fun to play with. The made an equivalent pose for Flutters (though that one was mirrored) and First Tooth babies. G3 had the Rainbow Dash pose which had the legs posed similarly, but the head turned and held lower. This was, of course, redone to have neck articulation later on. They also introduced the Tangerine Twinkle pose, which was similar to the Posey pose, but it had an open mouth. Even the G4 blind bag Rarity pose had some elements of the Posey pose!
G2, G3.5, and brushable G4 never got a version of the pose, though. It might have been seen as repetitive, but the pose is nice and I'd have loved to see it in these styles.

G3.5 in general had a lack of poses. While every Core 7 character had a unique head mold (and the moms shared one), they all had open mouths. And while the only body mold shared between two members of the Core 7 was the one used for Pinkie and Scoots (with the moms sharing one yet again), the molds for Sweetie Belle, StarSong, Rainbow Dash, and the moms are all in the same pose; Cheerilee and Toola-Roola have the same pose as each other, with the latter's mold being taller, mostly in the neck. The exception to this rule is Cheerilee's Hairstyles, who uses Pinkie's molds. Why bother making so many different molds for slightly different versions of the same pose?
The Ponyville ponies unfortunately mirrored the brushables' poses and, while they had poses unique to them, the blind bag ponies only had two (earth) molds period. I am happy that we got a rearing G3.5 pose, though. The mermaids were better with their poses, but they unfortunately only existed briefly.

Overall, I'd like to see partial rears, more sitting poses, and more poses in general- I love pose variety! I also like poses that can be different things just by how you place them; for example, Baby Yo-Yo's flying/pouncing pose can rear. Also, that G1 baby pony pose that looks like the pony fell over is adorable and we've been done a huge injustice by never receiving it in physical form; that is, unless you count porcelain First Born, who was likely directly based on it.
Heck, the porcelain figures had some pretty cute poses in general! Not all of them would work well in vinyl, but... well, just have a look! Lickety-Split's pose is the one I'd like to see most.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Porcelain_Figurines
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
Boys in more dynamic poses. Its so boring that they all just stand there.

Babies in a lying down pose would be cute.

Babies rearing and cantering

Flying poses for other winged species
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »
I would like more dynamic poses or even poses with articulation

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 08:52:02 PM »
A laying down pose would be lovely, but I know why they never made it a thing.

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 08:52:44 PM »
Rearing SHS! There probably would have been balance issues, though. XD Also, rearing poses for unicorns and pegusi.
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 02:57:07 AM »
Some of the G3 characters seem to have more energy in the way they hold their head compared to G1. I like the pose in the last picture on this page:

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:22:24 AM »
Only adult Earth Ponies reared, & not in the UK. I love how HQG1C has made Spangled Star a rearing unicorn & several rearing baby Earths too, including Customisable ones. They add an extra dynamic to the line for me.

Baby Bouncy (Surprise Newborn) is technically rearing. She doesn't have a stand, but there's no way that pose is natural standing on all four hooves. She's both a baby and in the UK.

I'm not actually huge on the rearing poses. I like them but they have some hoof size drawbacks with ponywear.

I don't like the sitting ones either mind you. I am happy with the range in G1, mostly, but I'm more in the "poses that should not have happened"  camp than the "we need more poses" camp.

It's harder with other generations - G3 had a lot of poses. G2 played around with theirs. After G4 got more poses the style was less appealing to me so...

yeah. I guess I'm on the 'not more needed, maybe less' side of this coin.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline JanuaryJoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • G1 & G3 MLP Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 12:41:18 PM »
I'm referring to G1 and G3 primarily because that's what I collect.
In the case of My Little Ponies, I feel it's good to keep poses relatively simple but fairly expressive. A child can interpret their pony's face or posture in many ways with their own creativity to fit whatever they're playing. I already love Hasbro's design work for G1 and G3, frankly!

But I'm a teenage collector who enjoys My Little Ponies for their aesthetics and how they display. Therefore, I'd like different sorts of poses sometimes.

- G1 galloping poses. I'd love to see running pegasi especially, because it'd look like they're preparing for takeoff!
- G1 flying poses. Pegasi keep their wings against the body. Their wings are shaped in a way that it'd be tricky to outspread them, but I'm curious.
- G1 & G3 bowing poses. I NEED to see a unicorn with a lowered head, showing its horn as if it's gonna charge or something. Lol, why not? Button's pose doesn't capture it for me.
- G3 rearing poses. Those ice skating ponies are technically rearing, but it's not the same.
- G3 sitting poses. Ponie sit. Ponie cute. Me like.

:rainbow: 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕁𝕠𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 :rainbow:

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 04:20:35 PM »
So many new thoughts and ideas, y'all are so creative.  Thanks for sharing them all.  That pose at the end of the Moonstone comic is such a nice combo of elegance and movement, I'd definitely love to see a pony like that.  And I agree that dynamic boy poses are a fun idea - like the ones in the never-made big bro ponywear outfits that were recently posted.  Lying down adult or baby would look cute - at least they made it into porcelain, probably a better medium for them eh?  And flying G1 poses with their wings out sounds interesting. 

Ponybookworm, I got one of the HQG1C rearing babies with my recent order and it is such a fun pose.  Balances pretty well, too, I was pleasantly surprised.

I wonder what kind of poses await us in G5, only time will tell! 

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 08:36:40 AM »

I really, really hope we will see variation in poses! One thing I like about the movie style G4 is their dynamic poses, even if I otherwise prefer the older G4 brushables. Then again, if I must choose, I'd rather take a multitude of characters in one pose than a core set of ponies in endless poses :rolleyes:

As for earlier generations, I don't have many ideas... I agree that G1 boys could have some more variation and there should've been male unicorn/pegasus ponies. And a lying down pose would've been fun, although difficult to play with. (But I did have some animal toys like cats and dogs in lying down poses and I loved them so why not...) I love how dynamic many of the G3 poses are, so I guess even a multitude of standing poses is good as long as there are poses with some hint of movement, such as a turned or tilted head, a raised hoof etc.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 03:32:06 PM »
I really, really hope we will see variation in poses! One thing I like about the movie style G4 is their dynamic poses, even if I otherwise prefer the older G4 brushables. Then again, if I must choose, I'd rather take a multitude of characters in one pose than a core set of ponies in endless poses :rolleyes:

Hmmm, that's a tough choice.  I hope we don't get only one or the other!  >_<

Offline SunPony

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2021, 05:00:16 AM »
I thought of another pose that I think would be fun - a playful bucking pose.  It would need a stand to display it properly, like the G1 rearing pose, but I think it would still work fine for play without the stand.  I'm imagining it like the pony is kicking out with its hind legs, with its front legs straight.  I think there is a pony like that in the art of some G1 merchandise.

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »
I guess poses I'd like to see and poses kids want to play with are different in some cases. I think the sitting ponies are very cute now but as a child the pose probably would have annoyed me. I remember not liking the Powder/Skyflier pose at ALL when I was little because they couldn't look at anyone! But as a collector I don't mind it as much.

I think more rearing/partial-rearing poses would be agreeable for both kids and collectors in general.

As a collector I'd love some bucking, reclining, etc poses. I've seen some cool stuff like that on Instagram
As long as the poses look nice I don't mind what they are.
:)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal