collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I made extremely cheap replacement flutter wings  (Read 3834 times)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
Re: I made extremely cheap replacement flutter wings
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2021, 01:43:52 AM »
Hi there, they're kelly clones made by Greenbrier International for sale at Dollar Tree.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://www.dollartree.com/pretty-sweet-fairy-dolls/164370
They're listed as pretty sweet fairy dolls but they are commonly sold in different packaging under different names, with different clothes and eye paint, and varying wing molds.
Sadly they aren't for sale on the website right now but they may be in the future - you usually have to buy bulk if buying from the dollar tree website though,

Oh wow thank you for such great information, I am going to investigate!!!  :thumb:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »
I'm gonna hafta go looking for some.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 08:51:18 AM »
I just had an idea what we could maybe do with the leftover dolls. I heard somewhere that Creamsicle may have come/been seen as a prototype with a doll called Alyssa... does anyone know any more about this? I've completely forgotten! I was looking for a doll bait to make an Alyssa doll for Creamiscle anyway. If I had one of these they look like a good candidate.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2021, 10:25:27 AM »
I've checked 3 Dollar Trees in my area and none of them had the dolls.  I'll have to keep my eyes open when I go to the thrift stores.  If the Dollar Tree here ever had them, they'll eventually end up there.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 06:43:35 PM »
I just had an idea what we could maybe do with the leftover dolls. I heard somewhere that Creamsicle may have come/been seen as a prototype with a doll called Alyssa... does anyone know any more about this? I've completely forgotten! I was looking for a doll bait to make an Alyssa doll for Creamiscle anyway. If I had one of these they look like a good candidate.

Can you link me info/pics of her? Never heard of this.
They would definitely make good reroot candidates - soft head and not many plugs so you can define the hairline, plus the hair is falling out on its own already
Maybe I'll try making one :)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 07:11:17 AM »

They would definitely make good reroot candidates - soft head and not many plugs so you can define the hairline, plus the hair is falling out on its own already

I found it! http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/File:Prototype-pony-friends.jpg

Zigzag: Zinnia
Creamsicle: Alyssa
Spunky: Cornelia
Kingsley: Kendal

If you CTRL+F 'Pony Friends' on this page: https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/page-4-paradise-baby---prom-queen-shs.html there is a further description saying that the dolls were in the style of Molly. The Molly dolls do look younger but maybe a new face-up would work. The proportions look OK. Just an idea.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 07:19:06 AM by Artemesia's Garden »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 06:14:33 PM »

If you CTRL+F 'Pony Friends' on this page: https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/page-4-paradise-baby---prom-queen-shs.html there is a further description saying that the dolls were in the style of Molly. The Molly dolls do look younger but maybe a new face-up would work. The proportions look OK. Just an idea.
Oh, they're pretty cute. Too bad I already gave mine to my niece.
They sell Kelly clones like these ones (without the wings) at dollar general too.
And sparkle girls at Walmart. In case any of those are around and you'd like to make one.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2021, 11:05:08 PM »

Oh, they're pretty cute. Too bad I already gave mine to my niece.
They sell Kelly clones like these ones (without the wings) at dollar general too.
And sparkle girls at Walmart. In case any of those are around and you'd like to make one.

That's good to know, thank you!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 12:23:28 PM »
Yep, we had them at our dollar stores for awhile too.  :)  I don't remember where mine came from, I have a Green Haired girl in a yellow dress with green wings
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »

I swear I've seen a piece of merch that featured these, too; it was either a poster, bedsheet, or something else flat with creases. I bring this up not only because they were illustrated instead of photographed, but at least one (I forget which) had a different name! I'll have to go digging for it...

If Kelly clones are what you want, I recommend the Sparkle Girls ones over the cheaper ones since they're quite a bit higher quality. The DG dolls have visible seams on their limbs and each individual piece is a slightly different color; I'm not sure about their Dollar Tree sisters, but I imagine they're similar due to being at a similar price point, if not worse due to the inclusion of wings or the little furniture sets they can come with. I have been thinking about getting one of these and giving it a plush body to be a sort of American-Girl-type doll for dolls, but I haven't actually bought one yet; I don't like the seams on the DG dolls and I don't know if the Sparkle Girls would come apart quite as easily!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2021, 01:19:56 PM »
My Dollar Tree had a bunch of these today so I bought 4 of each color wings.  That way I can experiment a bit...

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2021, 05:11:48 PM »
I'd love to see what you end up doing!

Offline PrincessRoyalBlue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2021, 06:30:20 PM »
Wow! That's brilliant! And they turned out so beautiful too!
-PrincessRoyalBlue-
May the spirit of G1 be with you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal