collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nutribullet anyone?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Nutribullet anyone?
« on: January 10, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
I bought myself a Nutribullet 900 Pro (mainly because the standard 600 was $50 more for some reason...). My health is terrible! So this is a first step in getting healthier ^.^

Does anyone have one or a type of Ninja? I did a lot of research on the two before deciding on the Nutribullet. My dad has one, so I was semi-familiar with it and knew that the veggie "smoothies" it makes are kind of rough :lol: But I don't mind. I have a stomach disease called gastroparesis and raw vegetables, fiber and proteins are very hard for me to digest. Guess what? I'm a vegetarian! It's hard to be vegetarian when raw veggies cause you so much trouble. The Nutribullet solves that problem though :biggrin:

I made kale, raspberry and walnut for my first smoothie. As a regular salad I love it. It was good blended too. Tomorrow morning I'm going to try frozen banana, mixed berries with some greens and maybe a tiny bit of peanut butter.

I've got some mix-ins on the way including cocoa nibs and nutritional yeast. I decided against chia and flax seeds because I don't need any added fiber. Too much fiber can cause what's called a bezoar to form in my stomach - I've so far never had one. The nutritional yeast is going to be great in savory smoothies. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and tend to stay away from fruit, but this will be a way to eat more fruit too.

Anyway, the Nutribullet came with a recipe book and they have many more online. What's your favorite smoothie?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Nutribullet anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
We have one, it belongs to my husband. It's really noisy, but it certainly does turn things into a smooth liquid that's for sure. He uses seeds and protein powder in shakes with Nesquick as a flavouring but I just stick to 1 apple, a banana or pear, milk and a pinch of cinnamon. I find bananas a chore to eat (I don't like the slimy texture) but I do like the brain kick they give me, so this works well.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »
I do a banana, some frozen strawberries, some low-fat greek yogurt, and some soy milk as a breakfast smoothie.   Frozen blueberries instead of the banana also works well for me.

Watching this thread for more ideas....
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 04:21:41 PM »
Mine isn't all that loud, considering. Quieter than my garbage disposal. I much prefer the veggie smoothies to the fruit ones but I always add some greens or broccoli to whatever I make. Tonight's was my favorite so far! Spring greens, cucumber, avocado, red onion, plain Greek yogurt and a splash of red wine vinegar. The onion and vinegar really helped bring it all together. I'm totally full. I haven't eaten any solid food today. Just had some coffee, a fruit smoothie (greens, banana, mixed berries, milk and vanilla) and tonight's shake. I did have a Dr. Pepper to help with a headache I still have... ugh.

I was hoping more people had one... how about blenders? You can make smoothies in blenders, right? (I've never had a blender... :lookround: ). Share your recipes! :hope:

ETA: Ooh, you replied while I was typing! I've got those ingredients, well, almond milk instead of soy. I have a ton of frozen bananas. I normally don't eat bananas unless it's in Cheerios cereal but they make delicious smoothies.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 05:20:50 AM »
Mine isn't all that loud, considering. Quieter than my garbage disposal. I much prefer the veggie smoothies to the fruit ones but I always add some greens or broccoli to whatever I make. Tonight's was my favorite so far! Spring greens, cucumber, avocado, red onion, plain Greek yogurt and a splash of red wine vinegar. The onion and vinegar really helped bring it all together. I'm totally full. I haven't eaten any solid food today. Just had some coffee, a fruit smoothie (greens, banana, mixed berries, milk and vanilla) and tonight's shake. I did have a Dr. Pepper to help with a headache I still have... ugh.

I was hoping more people had one... how about blenders? You can make smoothies in blenders, right? (I've never had a blender... :lookround: ). Share your recipes! :hope:

ETA: Ooh, you replied while I was typing! I've got those ingredients, well, almond milk instead of soy. I have a ton of frozen bananas. I normally don't eat bananas unless it's in Cheerios cereal but they make delicious smoothies.

Maybe have a newer one, congrats! Your savoury ones just sound like cold soup to me - and very tempting. If you've suddenly cut down on sugar or caffeine I expect you will get headaches I've heard people on this forum talk about how hard it is to wean off soda before. So did you buy the frozen bananas or freeze them yourself?
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 12:07:57 PM »
Maybe have a newer one, congrats! Your savoury ones just sound like cold soup to me - and very tempting. If you've suddenly cut down on sugar or caffeine I expect you will get headaches I've heard people on this forum talk about how hard it is to wean off soda before. So did you buy the frozen bananas or freeze them yourself?

I think it is a new model, yes. It came in different colors and I picked a pretty champagne one, it matches my paint and carpet! Headaches are just something that's common with me. I still drink caffeinated coffee and the Dr. Pepper has a lot of caffeine in it. I just restocked my soda supply :lol: so I don't think I'll be giving that up any time soon. Maybe after I reach my second weight goal I'll cut back.

I froze the bananas myself, but after this mornings smoothie I have to cut them in smaller pieces I guess. I originally cut them in half but the Nutribullet left the half I used today almost completely intact.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 01:08:07 AM »
Thank you, that's a good tip. I never thought of freezing bananas before and will definitely do it. I'm also on a diet but my first aim is to go out for a walk or run at least every other day for three weeks.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 08:18:15 AM »
My aunt had one of these, she was a fan of the kale smoothie (I think it is in the recipe book) :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 08:59:59 AM »
I love kale and yes, there are a couple of kale recipes in the book :)

Last night I tried to make a healthy "dessert" smoothie. Banana, avocado, greek yogurt, raw honey, cocoa nibs and milk. It didn't taste much like a dessert but the banana and avocado were good. I won't be making that one again. I found a recipe online for a mocha smoothie using chilled coffee, I think I'll try that one the next time I want something other than just veggies or fruit.

So in the four or five days I've had this and been drinking smoothies, I've lost another 5 pounds :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 02:21:49 PM »
I tried a new recipe today that I really liked: applesauce, half a pear cut up into chunks, oats, lemon juice, water, and ground ginger.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »
Oh wow, vegetable smoothies sound delicious? Totally gonna look into those, my appetite has been totally shot but I love veggies.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 04:51:18 PM »
Veggie smoothies are life :heart: I like to make my own version of V8.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal