collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's wrong with baby Moondancer?  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with baby Moondancer?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 09:46:40 AM »
Cheers for this. Sea Murk has the same issue. Need to see if hydrogen peroxide works on her... (I want her to be Sea Mist again)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2021, 06:28:23 PM »
Do not use the cream. It's prone to cause more problems down the line.

Just buy hydrogen peroxide (I just use the pharmacy strength which I believe is 3%. Others have called for higher but I don't trust it) and pour it into a container you can put a lid on. Remove the ponys tail and immerse the body fully. You then place the whole container in a windowsill and turn it once a day to sunfade evenly.

I added oxiclean, myself. I personally left the head in a different container with the hair hanging outside of it. It is a slight more annoying because you have to flip the head every day, but I didn't want to ruin the mane.

I used this on a Tropical Breeze with age spots, a Cloud Puff with regrind, and a dingy yellow So Soft Surprise. I didn't have the patience for the Flutters but the age spots did fade from what they were to a significant amount. Surprise was my focus and she is now a lovely bright white. She had weird spots too and they disappeared.

If it's winter though the sun is obviously out less, so the sunfading will take longer.

I hope this may have helped you in some way!

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 10:30:57 AM »

Just buy hydrogen peroxide (I just use the pharmacy strength which I believe is 3%. Others have called for higher but I don't trust it) and pour it into a container you can put a lid on. Remove the ponys tail and immerse the body fully. You then place the whole container in a windowsill and turn it once a day to sunfade evenly.

I added oxiclean, myself. I personally left the head in a different container with the hair hanging outside of it. It is a slight more annoying because you have to flip the head every day, but I didn't want to ruin the mane.

I used this on a Tropical Breeze with age spots, a Cloud Puff with regrind, and a dingy yellow So Soft Surprise. I didn't have the patience for the Flutters but the age spots did fade from what they were to a significant amount. Surprise was my focus and she is now a lovely bright white. She had weird spots too and they disappeared.

If it's winter though the sun is obviously out less, so the sunfading will take longer.

I hope this may have helped you in some way!

I agree the cream can cause mayhem and would never use it. But since the marks are quite dark I would consider trying the jar method. I would have thought that using harsh chemicals would contribute to plastic breakdown and cause more problems in the long run. That said, what does seem to slow plastic breakdown is cleaning the pony carefully inside and out, drying it completely inside and out and then storing in stable conditions (temp, humidity, low/no UV light). I hope the method works for you and you get many more years of enjoyment with her.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »
My Baby Moondancer had the same. She was sold to me as a bait and I felt so bad for her I tried to fix her up.

What she looked like before I worked on her
Spoiler

I did the Proxied soak for her and replaced her hair. This is the end result of that
Spoiler

However, the proxied soak didn't last long and my girl had most of her spots return on her and currently looks more like she may have sunburn despite her not being in the sun (I think I may have sunburned her after the soak)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 02:35:17 PM »
My Baby Moondancer had the same. She was sold to me as a bait and I felt so bad for her I tried to fix her up.

What she looked like before I worked on her
Spoiler

I did the Proxied soak for her and replaced her hair. This is the end result of that
Spoiler

However, the proxied soak didn't last long and my girl had most of her spots return on her and currently looks more like she may have sunburn despite her not being in the sun (I think I may have sunburned her after the soak)

I'm wondering whether the peroxide caused the sunburn in the long-term... thanks for sharing the pictures, very interesting!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 10:47:40 PM »
I think I'll leave her as is for now, since it seems all methods have potential to make things worse.
Thanks for all the info, everyone!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »
What kinds of problems? I know to stay away from benzoyl peroxide, but are there any ingredients in hydrogen peroxide cream that are the culprit? I've thought about trying this on my inky Baby Glory, yellowish Starshine (though she is whiter than she tends to be!), and my EG Pinkie Pie with a yellowed head to preserve their hair, glitter, etc. but now I don't know. Would a DIY gel be better for them?
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 12:32:28 AM »
What kinds of problems? I know to stay away from benzoyl peroxide, but are there any ingredients in hydrogen peroxide cream that are the culprit? I've thought about trying this on my inky Baby Glory, yellowish Starshine (though she is whiter than she tends to be!), and my EG Pinkie Pie with a yellowed head to preserve their hair, glitter, etc. but now I don't know. Would a DIY gel be better for them?

I've used Salon 40 Creme on various G1s according to this: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/materials.html. --> scroll down to Salon 40 Creme Developer.

It has worked really well on yellowed white G1s and "highlighter marks", but I haven't had much success in trying to sun-fade cancer spots with it. I painted it on the cancer spots of a Splasher for months during a (sunny) summer. She didn't bleach, but the cancer spots didn't fade either. It seems safe in comparison to "Remove-Zit" that has been reported to cause bleached spots on the pony, to continue working long after the application and it even seems to spread to other ponies if they stand close enough to the treated pony.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal