collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Generations that have grown on you?  (Read 3133 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Generations that have grown on you?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2021, 01:18:25 AM »
G3, with all its might. I was not into them at first. When they were in stores I considered them a relative of G1, yet not as good as G1. That totally changed when I got my first G3 in an ebay lot. I realized how good their quality was compared to G2, I liked how they looked next to G1 and then I discovered all the many different poses, colors and designs. Nowadays G3 makes up the bulk of my MLP collection and one of my favorite artists even designed one of them - winwin situation.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Re: Generations that have grown on you?
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2021, 09:34:46 AM »
I almost thought that I wouldn't be able to answer this, because cartoon-wise the answer is basically "All of them, and none of them", because (aside from seeing a bit of G1 one, and finding it intriguing) it took me until G4 to get into My Little Pony at all, so you could say they all won me over, especially pre-G4, but on the other hand, none of them grew on me, because each time I first watched one I was already a fan.

But then I thought about it toyline-wise (which is likely what was meant anyway), and I remembered what the G4 toys looked like when they were first out.  Even during that small time when I was only interested (and aware of, for the most part) G4, I had no interest in the toys whatsoever; most of the ones I saw looked more like deer than ponies, and they didn't capture the show's style very well at all from what I remember (believe it or not, Pink Celestia was pretty show accurate, apart from the color) so I didn't care about the toys.

But then I got given some, and they had improved in design anyway by that point.  So now I like the toys enough that I at least wouldn't mind getting more of them (not counting my plushies - I chose to start that collection), though I still feel that the G4 toyline isn't the best, due to seeing what G1-G3 were like as toylines.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal