collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your first 2021 pony purchase!  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: What's your first 2021 pony purchase!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2021, 09:42:46 PM »
Haven't bought any ponies yet. Not sure if I will this year or not but we'll see what the year brings^^ 2020 was the first year I hadn't bought any in a long time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2021, 01:36:31 AM »
I haven't bought a pony yet, but I did get a 1990 Activity Club badge on eBay :) Now I can pretend I belonged to the Activity Club! Even though it was before I was born :lol:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2021, 12:13:16 PM »
I haven't bought a pony yet, but I did get a 1990 Activity Club badge on eBay :) Now I can pretend I belonged to the Activity Club! Even though it was before I was born :lol:
The badges are among the easiest Club merchandise to find tbh. The paperwork is a pain to locate & rarely turns up,  so I generally nab it when it does. Other club merch, besides the Newborn Ponies, includes posters, a pencil case, a purse, some bahs & some other assorted bits & bobs. I'd have to look up to remember everything which came with every club pack but the info is somewhere (Taffeta maybe knows more???)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2021, 12:47:43 PM »
The Perm Shoppe! <3 It's the last of the US full size playsets that I'm interested in (Skipping the Dream Castle reissue and Megan's Place for now). I decided to treat myself since my birthday is coming up. It has all the furniture and I'm looking forward to posing some ponies inside with some cute accessories.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2021, 04:47:29 PM »
My first arrival is a G3 pre-production/prototype (there's a specific word for what I bought, but I can't think of it right now). I bought it in December, though. My first purchase hasn't arrived yet - G3 SLH Royal Beauty.

Offline Queen Sophie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • Shy Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
Gypsy! I like her in the comics!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2021, 05:10:00 PM »
The badges are among the easiest Club merchandise to find tbh. The paperwork is a pain to locate & rarely turns up,  so I generally nab it when it does. Other club merch, besides the Newborn Ponies, includes posters, a pencil case, a purse, some bahs & some other assorted bits & bobs. I'd have to look up to remember everything which came with every club pack but the info is somewhere (Taffeta maybe knows more???)

I think it's possible you have more complete club material than I do. I only have stuff from my own childhood and a handful of bits I picked up along the way since. The last year I was a member was the white club newborn.

I do have the magic message pens, or some of them. I remember the pencil case came two years in a row. There are some bags - different kinds of bags, with a drawstring or with a handle. There's a wall frieze. I had mine on the wall for a long time so it's a bit battered but I do still have that...as well as the newsletters and competitions and such within those. Oh, I also have a drinks mat with Princess Sapphire on it (I think Sapphire)? That was also from the club. As well as an array of badges.

I guess looking at the leaflets would probably give some more clues about the contents.

I think Chrissytree probably knows more than I do as well. I would love to have a more complete picture of the club stuff here, but I'm frankly rather surprised I managed to even keep mine (in their original pony-patterned envelope,addressed to our old address xD) considering all the other things I lost.

(I may need to talk to you at some point about what you have, actually, if I ever get time to work on  my website revamp. That's something for a future time.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:11:42 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2021, 06:26:12 PM »
I'll have to make notes on everything myself Taff. I was in 1987, 1989 & 1990 MLP Clubs myself, but as most people know I lost all my Pony stuff when I lost most of everything else xxx
I know I picked up a good lot from Gaspode, so they may be worth a talk to as well about Club bits.
At least because of my comic collection rebuilding I have several adverts for each year of the Club. I'll be sure to send you scans if need be
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 09:35:24 AM »
I technically bought it in December, but paid for shipping in January and just got it on Monday-- >  A cute little postcard from Japan. :D

I don't expect to buy any ponies, but, we'll see... I'm more likely to buy cute merch at this point in my life, I think.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 01:36:33 PM »
I haven't  bought ponies either but my first pony of 2021 is G1 Heart Throb.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal