collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What was your best pony purchase for 2020?  (Read 3202 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What was your best pony purchase for 2020?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2021, 09:43:41 AM »
@LAW - the irony of the Miss Painter hunt is that I ended up adding her to my wishlist after that, and I rescued a battered but still pretty (she has a symbol rub but she cleaned up surprisingly well) example right before Christmas!

She's my last pony from Europe before the Brexit deadline passed...so I guess she'll be memorable for a lot of reasons :)

Right on!  :hifive:

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2021, 10:35:23 AM »
It's been a long time since I bought something pony related, but I guess Pearly Kitty Love? I think I bought her in 2020... time kinda blurs.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline JanuaryJoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • G1 & G3 MLP Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 11:24:11 AM »
My best purchase of 2020 was definitely G1 Raincurl from eBay! She completed my beloved set of Rainbow Curl Ponies. She's a big favorite in my collection now.
I paid around $20, although her hair was a disaster and she was pretty dirty. Fortunately, she cleaned up very well! She even still has largely unfaded pink streaks in her mane and tail! I couldn't be happier.

:newpony:
Check out these before and after pictures! The first is from January 2020, the second is from this afternoon.

:rainbow: 𝕁𝕒𝕟𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕁𝕠𝕪, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥'𝕤 𝕞𝕖 :rainbow:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2021, 11:49:04 AM »
Happy to see some Miss Painter love ^^ She's one of my favourite G2s.

Hmmm... I think mine has to be Silverstream the hippogriff. Missed her when she was first released - I kept waiting for her to show up in shops over here, and she never did, and then by the time I decided to just buy her online.... I couldn't find her *anywhere*. Not even a ridiculously overpriced one. Searched for months and nothing - then one night I was looking and suddenly found one for a reasonable price (including shipping!) from a seller on Amazon US. She's so pretty <3 got Skystar at around the same time and I'm happy with her, but Silverstream's definitely my favourite of the two.

(although no thanks to the Amazon delivery guy who just dumped her on the front doorstep while we were out of the house!! Thankfully we'd only just left and had to go back for something and caught them just before they drove off, but geez... if we hadn't gone back...)

Also very happy to get HQG1C Prettybow (and her cute kitty!), and I feel like Haven Bay deserves a shout-out... I actually bought her a few years ago, but the seller wouldn't ship outside of the US, so I had her sent to a family friend living there... it took a while for her to send Haven on. x) so it was nice to finally have her join my herd. She's so pretty.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »
I didn't have a lot of money to throw around. The only ones I ended up getting were Basic Fun G1 Glory and Basic Fun G3 Pinkie Pie.

In this case I'll give it to Glory. She's my first unicorn!

|My Collection|

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
Probably first release normal pony mold Luna...she is gorgeous! Her eyes are funny.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2021, 09:03:22 PM »
So my favorite pony purchase isn't a pony, but pony related. Way back in January, I bought a MLP clock from Society6. Here it is hanging in my kitchen:

I absolutely love it and it makes me smile every time I see it. There were so many wonderful designs by the artist DreamValleyMLP that I had such a hard time choosing which clock to get. There was a design with both Fizzy and Galaxy with a rainbow in the background that I considered getting since they were both childhood ponies (and two of my favorites!) I went with the one I got because I love the scenic background with Dream Castle. And Fizzy is my favorite pony, so I was definitely getting a clock with her on it!

If you ever consider getting a MLP wall clock, you should check these out. There are so many options!
https://society6.com/gertee/wall-clocks?page=1

That's not to say I don't like the ponies I got this year. You could say I love them all equally, but if I had to choose a favorite, I really am thrilled with the Gusty I got. She's absolutely gorgeous and I got her in wonderful condition for an amazing price: $15. I'm also thrilled with the Pony Wear I purchased. My favorite of the outfits has to be Strike Up the Band (and of course Pony Pom Pom as it is my avatar!) Oh! And Pretty as a Picture is absolutely adorable! Let's be honest...I love all the outfits I got!

Plus the discovery of 999ponies on insta. I think my fourth order from them is on the way :)

You and me both! I've gotten ten ponies (plus the Snow Angels outfit) via her from Aug-Dec (including the Gusty I was raving about)! I am absolute crap when it comes to claiming ponies - just not fast enough, I guess. The only time I get them is when no one else claims them. I remember seeing a Heart Throb in excellent condition and nobody had claimed her in 45 minutes. (I was busy when it was posted). That totally surprised me, but she became mine. It also pays to do back up claims because I did receive two ponies due to people not paying on time, I guess. Most of the ponies I received from her are from my Wish List...you do have to be patient and wait for them, but since my ponies were pretty common, I didn't have to wait that long and I didn't mind because I didn't need them right that second.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:07:16 PM by FernMariposa919 »

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2021, 10:52:12 PM »
I was almost sad because I didn't get to buy anything pony related at all....but then I remembered the cute keychains I found at Daiso of all places!
So yay, there was that, at least.  :)

....I really want some of those retro ponies you guys are getting...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 10:53:54 PM by Thimble »

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2021, 11:22:15 PM »
Due to the lockdown/restrictions, I have been online shopping way more than I probably should. I’ve acquired quite a few ponies this year (thanks Facebook!) but the best purchase I made was a dream castle. It’s not complete and is not mint at all. It has only one original sticker that peeled off. But I love it! I’m having so much fun collecting the furniture for it, and it acts as a nice place to display some ponies. I just gotta stop knocking over the tower roofs by mistake.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2021, 04:24:39 AM »
I didn't buy that much in 2020. But when I knew I wouldn't be going to any convention I decided to spoil myself. So it was my luck someone was selling her G2 collection here on the Arena.  I got hold of the G2 Castle complete with box, the Mansion complete with box and G2 Bride loose on here card.
And with a trade I got hold of a very nice So Soft Crumpet and a sad Peruvian Confetti to go with her other variant I already have.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2021, 04:31:29 AM »
My bundle with Tornado in it.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2021, 09:42:08 AM »
G3 Posey Rosey for a very very good price.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2021, 02:22:36 PM »
My best purchase of 2020 was definitely G1 Raincurl from eBay! She completed my beloved set of Rainbow Curl Ponies. She's a big favorite in my collection now.
I paid around $20, although her hair was a disaster and she was pretty dirty. Fortunately, she cleaned up very well! She even still has largely unfaded pink streaks in her mane and tail! I couldn't be happier.

Check out these before and after pictures! The first is from January 2020, the second is from this afternoon.

You did a great job.

Post Merge: January 02, 2021, 02:23:15 PM

G3 Posey Rosey for a very very good price.

:happy: Wow!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2021, 03:05:06 PM »

She's beautiful!

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »
My best deal would have been a near complete Lullabye Nursery with a bunch of ponies including two pristine So Softs.  Only paid $15 for everything on Facebook Marketplace.

Oh wait.   I got G2 Hip Holly for free on eBay when they were giving $25 credits to long time members.   I had wanted Hip Holly for years.

Most sentimental would be getting the Basic Fun Gusty release.   Gusty was my first ever pony and was bought by my Granny who is no longer living, so my little white unicorn is extra special.  It brought back memories of that day to see Gusty mint in box again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal