collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What was your best pony purchase for 2020?  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
What was your best pony purchase for 2020?
« on: December 31, 2020, 07:09:18 PM »
Mine was a funny one! I had my birthday during NZ's lockdown, and feeling  -_- about myself I took up a second chance offer on a 1980's MLP colouring book!
It had free shipping to a US address, so I sent it to my drop shipping address in Portland.

... And was promptly charged $36 NZD to have it sent to NZ. For a book that weighs less than a TV guide. -_-
BUT so glad I bought it!

How about you?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What was your best pony purchase for 2020?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 08:33:33 PM »
I'd love to see that coloring book!  It sure had quite the journey.

My fave pony purchase this year would probably be Princess Serena.  I've wanted her for years, and I managed to get her in an eBay lot for cheap.  She cleaned up well and I'm so happy with her ^.^
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 08:38:22 PM »
Got a 14" Aurora Luna plush for $4. Probably my favorite plush ever.

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »
I think I had a few, but the best was probably the Licensing Show Pinkie Pie I found on eBay for $25.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 01:50:10 AM »
I got a deflocked Ribbon at last :yay: I was soooo excited! I've been looking for her since I started collecting in 2014, and I specifically wanted a deflock. But at the same time I didn't want to buy and deflock a pony that still had nice flocking. And she hardly ever comes up for sale in the UK anyway. So I had almost given up when she popped up on eBay! I hit that Place Bid button so fast :lol:. And so I got my grail pony and my favourite pony Baby Ribbon has her mummy at last :).

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 06:17:55 AM »
It depends on if you're thinking best purchase as in the best deal I made, or just my favorite pony I got this year. If it's the former, I made 2 pretty epic scores towards the beginning of the year. I had just started collecting, so I still needed a lot of common ponies, and I found one seller that was listing a bunch of ponies individually for super cheap. I ended up with 15 ponies, ranging from 75 cents to $2.50 (USD) a piece. I had to pay to have them shipped from out of the country, which was pricey, but the seller managed to cram them all in the smallest box possible and it really wasn't too bad. They were all in beautiful shape with nice hair! It was a great way to start my collection. That seller is still around, but her prices seem to have gone way up since then...I consider myself lucky to have gotten the ones I did when I did. Another good score was several bait lots I got from one seller; between them i ended up paying $24 including shipping for 25 ponies. Some of the ponies are pretty hit, and have become 'experimental' victims for me to learn things like rehairing and converting BBEs to NBBEs, etc., but several of them really had nothing wrong with them other than needing to be cleaned up, and thus I acquired a really beautiful Tropical Breeze, Baby Stockings, Medley, Applejack and a newly deflocked Ribbon. It seems like those kind of deals are few and far between these days...or it could just be that as my collection grows, the ponies I need are starting to be more uncommon, and therefore more expensive, who knows.

As for my favorite individual purchases, I'd say Masquerade and Braided Beauty were the ones I was the most excited about, Masquerade was only $4 and in good shape, and BB was $7 and looked like she could be new out of the package. Also, a new one who hasn't arrived yet that I'm really looking forward to...

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 06:23:48 AM »
Definitely Basic Fun Heart Throb! It was very exciting to be able to get one of my long-standing grails as a brand new pony.

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 07:08:52 AM »
For me, definitely my two piggies. I made a friend while doing so.

I also completed my eu flower pony set.

Plus the discovery of 999ponies on insta. I think my fourth order from them is on the way :)
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 07:10:43 AM »
Staying off Ebay :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 07:23:43 AM »
I think it's probably Haven Bay. I was wanting her from when she came out, and it was a pretty good deal overall.

I love the BF ponies for this year but some of the magic is gone from not being able to go see them in stores at the moment. And CJ may be my favourite BF pony of the year, but she was a gift, so doesn't count.

So I'm going to go with Haven Bay. Although I did acquire some awesome leaflets and packages as well this year, I haven't done a lot of pony shopping really in 2020. I did buy some ponies for Christmas to cheer up the season...but that's about all.

My whole family have had their birthdays in lockdown and not together - the skype has had its moments in 2020. It's weird to think mine was the last 'normal' birthday when we were all together. It's in February, and it will probably be my turn for a lockdown birthday. But eh. C'est la vie.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 07:43:19 AM »
Hmm I don't know... I actually didn't add to my collection that much in 2020? My primary ways of adding to my collection are through thrifting for older ponies, and buying from regular stores for new ones, but with the virus really kicking up in March I only had the first two months of 2020 to do that, in which I got a couple thrifted ponies, but none were super exciting. I also got a handful of the G4.5 ponies once they began hitting shelves. The rest of my pony additions for 2020 were Kotobukiya scales, which were ordered online. 2020 releases for those were Rarity, LE Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and LE Twilight Sparkle. Between these I think Rarity is my favorite, so she's probably my favorite overall addition to my pony collection in 2020.

Most additions to all of my collections were obtained online in 2020, so I focused primarily on items that I wouldn't be able to get at physical locations nearby, trying to make the best of not being able to thrift or go into other stores aside from my workplace. So mostly I got items online from Japan, as well as some music releases by smaller artists.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 07:56:35 AM »
G1:
Shady-This childhood pony has been demanding that I get her back. And she's still awesomely vibrant. I felt so happy taking her out of her package and reuniting with her, so to speak.

Tic-Tac-Toe-I've been wanting her since I was a child. After I washed off the grime, she cleaned up real pretty. I love her hair and her pose. Wish they'd make more cantering poses.

Twilight-She's been both a childhood wish and a major grail. It is so rare that I can find her for under $50. I was so happy to finally have her. She's one of the most elegant SS.

HQG1C Ocean Mist-She is a cute pony, but I customized her into a vibrant red with a gradient mane. Now she's stunning!

G3:
Baby Keen Bean-I always liked her, but wasn't going to nab her. Found her at the swapmeet and I just had to take her home! I love her hair colors, and her unusual symbol reminds me a bit of the magic beans from the Zelda games.

Toola-Roola-She's got issues, and I initially bought her at the swapmeet to trade, but I fell in love with her very quickly. Very pretty. An unexpected favorite. She's a reminder of a fun day out with my daughter.

Seascape-I didn't take notice of her until someone posted their pic in an arena photo contest. And I thought, yeah, she's cute, I'll get her eventually. Bought her off a friend from the TP for a good price and was Wowed when she arrived. She became an unexpected favorite. I think she is a loud and underrated beauty.

Seaspray-She's a minor grail. She's been eluding me for several years I love her and she is gorgeous!

G4/Mishmash:
Retro Mane Six Rainbowdash-I like Rainbowdash, because I love Rainbow Ponies, and I like G3 Rainbowdash. This impo, is how G4 ought to have looked. She needs smaller wings and proper wing and eye placement, but the hair quality is so nice and her symbol is kind of unique.

Retro Mane Six Fluttershy-She's very gentle in her color scheme and I like her more then Merpony Fluttershy. Her hair is a very pretty shade of pink. And her eyes are a lovely blue-green.

G2:
Miss Painter-She is my first, (and I guess only) G2. Taffeta helped me find her. I ended up liking her right away for her wild and unique color scheme and pretty crystal eyes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 09:49:31 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 08:11:32 AM »
Toss-up between the huge lot of Breezies, including some of their cars, & the tricycle twins WITH THEIR TRICYCLES!!! Both bought from sellers on here (you know who you are)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 08:49:44 AM »
@LAW - the irony of the Miss Painter hunt is that I ended up adding her to my wishlist after that, and I rescued a battered but still pretty (she has a symbol rub but she cleaned up surprisingly well) example right before Christmas!

She's my last pony from Europe before the Brexit deadline passed...so I guess she'll be memorable for a lot of reasons :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 09:09:52 AM »
I think I had some but my favorite is Thundercloud. :) I also did get alot of HQ ponies this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal