collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Most & least favorite G3 pose?  (Read 906 times)

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
Most & least favorite G3 pose?
« on: December 31, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »
Thought this would be a fun topic, since G3 has a lot of different poses.
For me, my most favorite is the diva pose with twinkle twirl as second and sweet breeze as third.
And least favorite is the donkey pose with baby 1 & 2 coming in as second and third.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: Most & least favorite G3 pose?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 05:25:17 PM »
My favourite is Cloud Climber's pose as it looks really cheerful and lively; there are also a lot of absolutely beautiful ponies in that stance, like Aurora Mist, Snow'el II and Morning Monarch. My least favourite poses in G3 are the Core 7 one and the dreaded broken neck one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 07:26:40 PM »
My least favorite is the one that took over at the end and became the only one they used. It's not even cute, why did they pick that one?!

My favorite is the open mouth Minty. Makes me giggle every time I see it.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 08:45:08 PM »
Fave is head-to-the-side G3 trot, least fave is broken neck, with Core 7/coathanger/clone close second (even then I get common or bait ones to make into Boys...)
Fave pose as a Custom (G3 Twisty Tail)
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 09:36:46 PM »
I'm not totally familiar with all the G3 poses are and what they're called, but I'll do my best! The pose Crystal Lace is in is my favorite, I believe, I also like Periwinkle's pose and Meadowbrook's as well. My least faves are Shell Belle's pose (is that the one everyone refers to as 'broken neck?' If not, it should be!), all G3 baby pony poses (why are their feet so big and awkward?), and also I don't really care for the diva pose, because I find their hair is hard to style in that pose (I can never figure out which side to style the hair on), and I don't like the look/shape of their eyes.

I have mixed feelings about the donkey pose; it looks cute when the pony is viewed from the side, but facing front on their heads look squished and strange.

Offline Mrs. Prospector

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • I write essays about horse-shaped hunks of plastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »
My favorite is Valenshy's pose, because it's so elegant, and my least favorite is Waterfire's, because the face looks very awkward.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 10:11:50 PM »
Fave is head-to-the-side G3 trot, least fave is broken neck, with Core 7/coathanger/clone close second (even then I get common or bait ones to make into Boys...)
Fave pose as a Custom (G3 Twisty Tail)

I love this custom!! The smooth glossy finish is very pleasing.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Oh, you're gonna make me pick? I love challenges! I actually thought about making a thread like this, but decided against it since I couldn't pick! Oh well, here goes!

I really can't just pick a favorite and least favorite, so, to avoid making an entire tierlist, I'll just name a few I like/dislike and why. The names I'm using are those found here: www.mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G3_Poses

Donkey pose- Nostalgia, mostly. My favorite childhood pony was a Minty I. Since my mind can't see the pose without deciding that the pony's screaming, I put that to good use as a child. I can remember Minty and Tink-a singing duets loudly on the balcony of the Celebration Salon (a mystery I have yet to solve, since there was no balcony on the Celebration Salon)! For me, this pose embodies the feeling of being a child, specifically one with permission to use their outside voice!
Cute looking-up poses- While Seaspray and Heather Winds have this sort of thing going on, Crystal Lace is at the top of this category for me. A cute pony that looks like it's begging- whether that's for pets and attention or mercy from the giant human they just watched decapitate another pony, remove her tail, and fill her body with boiling water is up to you! Oh, what I wouldn't do to have my childhood Crystal Lace (who was technically my brother's) again!
Honolu-Loo's pose- Her head is ever so slightly cocked to the side, her eyes huge and sparkly, and she's got those little wings... AAAGHH! Too cute!
Core 2/Head-Down Core 7 pose- The vanilla Core 7 pose is bland, but not necessarily bad; it's just the oversaturation that makes it annoying, to me at least. But the head-down version is criminally underrated. Used only three times (why not use it more? Variety is lovely!), it' easily overlooked in an era where a lot of collectors got bored. The head is the only difference, but it turns the meh Core pose into something dynamic and cute! Bonus points for the Winter Minty being amazing!
Little Sister poses- Each one unique to its respective namesake, the Dance Around and Mochanut poses depict ponies between the ages of baby and adult G3s. They've outgrown the somewhat awkward feet that the G3 babies have, but they retain the shorter muzzle and bigger eyes. Mochanut even has tiny wings! Those add huge cute points. I give it an aww/10.

Dislike

Disclaimer: I don't own any ponies in a lot of these poses, so they'd probably grow on me if I saw them in person!
Daffidazey pose- A widely used pose likely due to its versatility; it could have had a 3D symbol or a 2D symbol, and even on either side in the latter case. It's just a bit awkward to me. It's mostly the large, squarish muzzle and gaping maw. It's like she unhinged her jaw! The mouth isn't open especially wide; it's just the "depth" of it that's off to me. Compare to the Donkey pose, and you'll see what I mean.
Beachberry pose- Another one that's awkward.  The front hooves are oddly flat at the bottom, lacking a lot of the roundness of the typical G3 legs. The head is skinnyish, the eyes wide and vacant, and the ears at an odd angle, giving the pose a strange expression. To round out the staring-at-nothing look, the pony's gaze is down ever so slightly and, unlike most other poses with the head down, the eyes seem to follow that angle. What is she staring at on the ground ten feet away? A lot of gorgeous ponies are in this pose, though, and the turning-head variant looks better since the head isn't glued at that strange angle.
Waterfire pose- Another case of good ponies, bad pose; the only pony I don't find especially nice in this pose is Green Apple! She's be meh in any other pose, but this one makes her look worse. The pose almost looks like the tongue is out, the head stretched awkwardly forward, and the eyes looking just past you. It's another pose where the expression is the main issue, since the legs are fine and, with a more lively expression, it'd actually be pretty cute! They don't appear to have remade it with a turning head, but whether that's due to the pose being awkward or just the angle of the neck not lending itself well to articulation without major tweaks (as was apparently the case with the Diva pose; compare it to January Carnation's) is a mystery.
Shelle-Belle's "Broken Neck" Pose- Cuter in concept than execution, the main problem with this one, as its nickname suggests, is the uncomfortable angle of the neck. Luckily, they seem to have realized the issue pretty quickly, and only three ponies ended up in this pose. None of them got rereleased in different poses, though, so whether or not that's a victory is up to you.

Whew! That was tough to pick, but I think I covered the big ones! This was really fun!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline starbritesprinkles

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • The Lyrical Vault | she/her/hers
    • View Profile
    • StarbriteSprinkles
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 10:42:01 PM »
Faves:

Sunny Daze

January Carnation

Fizzy Pop

I also like the unique Sweetsong II pose and wish Hasbro had used it on more than one pony.

Least Faves:

Shell-Belle - so bizarre!

Core 1 - not really bad or ugly, just so overused.

Star Surprise - it's like a really weird modified version of one of my favorite poses. Something weird is going on with the neck, and these ponies remind me of camels, for some reason.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 11:37:56 PM »
Since my mind can't see the pose without deciding that the pony's screaming,
Okay, this is makes me like donkey pose a lot more!  :snicker:

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 04:42:48 AM »
Hmm, difficult, let's see. My favourites are the Valenshy Pose and Peri Winkle Pose. Least favourites are the Donkey Pose and Coconut Grove Pose.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 08:18:40 AM »
My favorite Earth Pony Pose is the Valenshy Pose. Sadly, I only have one on it and that's Sun Shimmer. Its very sassy and is a nice moving position.

My least favorite is the Minty Pose. There are literally two ponies I would ever buy on that pose. Razz-a-roo and Bubblecup.

My favorite Unicorn pose is the Whistle Wishes pose. Its just plain cute and I'm disappointed that they only made 2 on it. I have and love Sunrise Song.

My least favorite is the G3.5/Ponyvilles. Ick! I'm sorry, but I can't stand them.

My favorite Pegasus Pose is the Silver Glow pose. It's so elegant, soaring through the sky or running on the ground. So far I only have Silver Glow. I hope to get Twinkle Bloom this year.

My least favorite is the McDonald's Starsong rearing pose. It looks like the poor pony got her neck snapped,  and the front legs look weird.

I don't like any of the Breezie or Merpony poses.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:22:48 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal