collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Identifying Pony Ribbons  (Read 671 times)

Offline BabyTaffeta

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Identifying Pony Ribbons
« on: December 29, 2020, 11:18:50 AM »
I was wondering if there is a good website that helps to identify ribbons?
I just found a deep blue pony ribbon and would love to know to who it belongs? :wonder: I know one belongs to Dancing Butterflies because my childhood one still wears hers. But is there another pony with that ribbon color?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
********visitors can't see pics , please register or login
*********visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Thanks to Exodus3D and jupi for my siggy & to Spring_Shower for my Avvie!~

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying Pony Ribbons
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 03:05:40 PM »
Heh, good luck. There are so many similar shades, variations, and potential for fading and discoloring that it's hard to be sure a ribbon is correct unless you opened the pony yourself. That said, there is a pretty good site showing the ribbons MIP, though it's sadly incomplete. It'll be useful for IDing, though, but with it being online there's no guarantee that you'll be able to distinguish between similar shades.

https://mylittleponyaccessories.weebly.com/information.html

As for the ribbon in question, it could belong to a number of ponies, including Bonnie Bonnets, SS Fifi, Li'l Sweetcake, Speedy, and others. Compare it to that of Dancing Butterflies and take a picture; it'll help to know how much the shade differs. If somebody has a confirmed Dancing Butterflies ribbon and a ribbon to compare, they can make suggestions.

I, unfortunately, cannot contribute any more. I only have one genuine pony ribbon, a pale blue one, and I don't know whom it belongs to. It was my mother's and only fell into my possession since it got mixed in with her Barbie stuff. Currently, my Tricky Tails is wearing it. It looks cute on her!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline BabyTaffeta

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Identifying Pony Ribbons
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:01:49 PM »
@MintyMyndi

Oh wow! Thank you so much! That website is brilliant :woot: Exactly what I was looking for!

That’s a good idea to compare the two ribbons in a photo because I am sure that my Dancing Butterflie‘s is correct because it is the only deeper blue I have from my childhood.
Thanks a lot! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
********visitors can't see pics , please register or login
*********visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Thanks to Exodus3D and jupi for my siggy & to Spring_Shower for my Avvie!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal