collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pinkie Pie Grooming Set  (Read 886 times)

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Pinkie Pie Grooming Set
« on: December 23, 2020, 05:34:34 PM »
As it says on the tin! I got this set from eBay and was wondering if anyone has any information on it as it isn’t mentioned anywhere that I could find!

I’m especially curious as kinnerton usually just make Easter goods when they come with a toy (and bonbon buddies did the g3 Easter girls and egg), and there’s not much pointing to Easter on this set! But I also see that she comes with a yellow brush like the Easter version, without the ears however! A pic is below, I can take more if you’d like  ^.^

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks,
Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pinkie Pie Grooming Set
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 07:14:31 PM »
Well, this is new to me! I'm sure those chocolates are amazing by now... It's a shame that it's just a basic Pinkie Pie, but perhaps that's how it flew under the radar. Perhaps they had more Pinkies and brushes than ears (or had too many after Easter) and needed an outlet for them.

I'd like to see info on the back if there is any! Copyright date, "best by" date, barcode, etc. would be helpful to give a timeframe for its release.

If you're brave enough to debox (or if you can see it as-is, though I doubt you can), each G3.5 (and almost every G4) pony should have a five-digit "birthday code" under her hoof, indicating the day she was produced- the first digit being the last in the year, the next three being the day of the year out of 365 (or 366, in the case of a leap year), and the last digit almost always one (though I've seen at least one G4 with a two). We could then compare that to Pinkies that are known to have come from the Easter set to see if it falls into a similar range, indicating whether she was meant for this release or was perhaps excess stock. Nothing definitive, but would give a hint.

If it was an outlet for extras, it would make sense to be a limited release; since it contains food, they may have been discarded after the "best by" date, further increasing scarcity. Since this is an "unknown" release, I feel that it's likely to have been rare to begin with (that or nobody cared since it's another Pinkie Pie).

I wonder if the chocolates were something that was already being made, pony-related or otherwise? If they were already producing candy in these molds, that could further point to the excess-stock-outlet release type I'm suspecting as a possibility; they could still have been done specifically for this release, though, so it wouldn't definitively prove anything either way.

So, for this to have been an outlet release, I'd expect to see
-Pinkie's birthday code within close range of known Easter Pinkie's codes
-A 2010 (or maybe 2011) copyright date
-A "best by" date after Easter 2010
-The brushes to be the same color (this one looks a bit greenish to me)

It really could be anything, though; a lot of collectors skipped G3.5, and a basic Pinkie Pie wouldn't really be anything to write home about. I'm still surprised that something managed to fly under the radar, though, but if anything were to go unrecorded, it'd be G3.5.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 11:51:09 PM »
I have never seen it before either, I might have bought it then :)
So yeah if possible a picture of the backcard could give some more info.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 03:33:38 PM »
That's interesting! And the bit about the "birthday code". I've never heard about any of these, I hope the mystery gets solved!

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 04:12:41 AM »
Sorry for the lack of pics, I posted it at 1 am while it was in my head  :P here are some pics of her birthday, back card, and the pony. I love finding their birthdays! It’s so useful for telling between all the mane 6 and blind bag releases too! the # codes on the g4s are so good too, I’m working on getting a list of those done.

Her code is 01021, so 12th April 2010 :) Easter was the 4th April that year, so she could only have been made for 2011 Easter, and that seems like a bit of an advance! The copyright is 2010, the seller said she was from 2011, and the chocolate expired in December 2011. I’m not keen on kinnerton, so I can only imagine how it tastes 9 years later  :blink: ah well, if I get desperate it’s an option

2010/11 is when I started buying ponies on the shelves, we would scour all the shops for ones I didn’t have (I really liked g3s but they were pretty much gone by then) so I feel like I would have run into her, but I can’t recall seeing her at all, even in all the discount and pound shops!

Pics:
Code

Pony and brush

Backcard

Flickr link so you can read the text properly!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152465942@N05/50758212907/in/dateposted-public/

« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 04:20:29 AM by Mlp Sunsparkle »

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
Well, I'm pretty sure she wasn't a spare Easter Pinkie! Weird, though, that this went unnoticed. I'm pretty sure about that limited release.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal