collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When did MLP prices get so high?!  (Read 2253 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: When did MLP prices get so high?!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2020, 08:22:10 AM »
I'm confused as well- I bought happyglow, brightglow, and dazzleglow for around $20 each about three years ago (I remember that as they were the first ones I had spent real money on!). I didn't get starglow because I don't love the dancing butterflies pose- now they are going for 3-5 times that on ebay, I guess I will never complete that collection!

I haven't even started on that collection yet  :shocked: last time I proper looked they were £20-£30 about two or three years ago, I looked in the last few weeks and they're £100-£150 like Mimic  :stunned:

Post Merge: December 26, 2020, 07:42:34 AM

And often you can tell when it's not a collector selling, some people think that because something isn't g4 it's worth big money.  :blink: these people tire me out and fry my brain.

Even with G4s this happens. These people think anything that's not currently on Walmart or Target shelves must be worth big money to some collector or desperate parent. It's really a pain when trying to fill collection gaps, pony or otherwise.

I have noticed a few pricey g4s

I'm currently looking to get the Rainbow Dash with the water wings and the only US seller has it in package for a ridiculous $50. It seems my only options are to deal with international sellers since even with the dollar being worth so little and shipping being so high it still ends up cheaper.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline DarkUnicornMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 08:25:29 AM »
I'm confused as well- I bought happyglow, brightglow, and dazzleglow for around $20 each about three years ago (I remember that as they were the first ones I had spent real money on!). I didn't get starglow because I don't love the dancing butterflies pose- now they are going for 3-5 times that on ebay, I guess I will never complete that collection!

I haven't even started on that collection yet  :shocked: last time I proper looked they were £20-£30 about two or three years ago, I looked in the last few weeks and they're £100-£150 like Mimic  :stunned:

Post Merge: December 26, 2020, 07:42:34 AM

And often you can tell when it's not a collector selling, some people think that because something isn't g4 it's worth big money.  :blink: these people tire me out and fry my brain.

Even with G4s this happens. These people think anything that's not currently on Walmart or Target shelves must be worth big money to some collector or desperate parent. It's really a pain when trying to fill collection gaps, pony or otherwise.

I have noticed a few pricey g4s

I'm currently looking to get the Rainbow Dash with the water wings and the only US seller has it in package for a ridiculous $50. It seems my only options are to deal with international sellers since even with the dollar being worth so little and shipping being so high it still ends up cheaper.
I have that same problem with all gens right now...things seem to be cheaper in the US even with some pricey delivery costs added to the price  :cry:
There has to be a little rain before you get a rainbow 🌈

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 02:05:01 PM »
Ergh, prices. I don't know. I've noticed it with the Glowing Magics especially. I've seen some go for stupid money lately. One sold with her card and stuff here for £65. Well, good luck to the seller. There was a variant Brightglow recently who I passed on because she'd been restored so it wasn't a guarantee the variation was authentic, but she was also quite expensive. Maybe because of the variation but...*shrug*.

But then...brace yourself for old person memories coming through now.

Which ponies are expensive has largely changed. Some haven't (Mimic, Rapunzel), they've just got more expensive with inflation and the theory our generation now has more disposable income (chance would be a fine thing!). But I remember the first baby AJ on ebay sold for $300. I think she's around $20-40 now at best.

I come from the backdrop of carbooting most of my ponies in the middle nineties and trading for the rest in the exchange rate of the time - where UK and European ponies were very expensive due to the limited online supply. And now it's fairer and more balanced which is actually good. But it's not good that certain ponies and sets have gone up. Glowing Magics seem to be one of those.

As for the Princess ponies, their accessories have always been more expensive than them, but the second set had a limited release geographically compared to the first. That may feed into it. And it also may be more people trying to buy domestically because of all the problems this year.

But...

Summer is the cheapest time to buy ponies ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal