collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Stockings

Have her
8 (22.9%)
Want her
11 (31.4%)
New to me
2 (5.7%)
Pass today
14 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 26, 2020, 09:30:09 AM

Author Topic: POTD 12/21/2020 Stockings  (Read 2054 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: POTD 12/21/2020 Stockings
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 01:13:30 PM »
She's new to me. Was she a mail order pony? I think she's quite cute.

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »
Now that I think about it, has anyone rehaired her? Bet she could look great with some different colors.

I agree and would love to get her with her hair in either great condition, or terrible condition so I could rehair her with different colors.  I would like to have her someday but I haven't specifically saught her out yet.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2020, 12:34:26 PM »
I like to get her too, I havent been after mail orders much with good reason. I love to add her to my collection someday.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2020, 03:21:30 PM »
Opps I thought this was the thread for Baby Stockings.  :blush:  I don't  have her.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:27:19 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 10:15:02 PM »
I don't have her, and I do want her. But only under certain conditions: I would like a BAIT version of her that I could rehair with red, possibly with white streaks. As pink... is not a Christmas colour in my book. And as she is supposed to be a Christmas themed pony she should look the part to me. So I will wait patiently until such a pony comes my way because I could never do this to one in good condition.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2021, 10:41:39 PM »
I don't have her, and I do want her. But only under certain conditions: I would like a BAIT version of her that I could rehair with red, possibly with white streaks. As pink... is not a Christmas colour in my book. And as she is supposed to be a Christmas themed pony she should look the part to me. So I will wait patiently until such a pony comes my way because I could never do this to one in good condition.
Try looking for one from a hotter climate if you can; her hair color is more prone to hair rot, which seems to be brought on by heat!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2021, 03:19:10 AM »
Try looking for one from a hotter climate if you can; her hair color is more prone to hair rot, which seems to be brought on by heat!
Is that when the hair goes so brittle it snaps from just brushing??? Had that on a Pony once. Needless to say she was Customised & upgraded.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
Is that when the hair goes so brittle it snaps from just brushing??? Had that on a Pony once. Needless to say she was Customised & upgraded.
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
Spoiler
It varies, really. On my Baby Sweetsteps, Baby Romperooni (pink only), and Rainbow Flash (all colors, but pink is the worst), the latter two being childhood ponies, it crumbles whenever you even dare to touch the hair, let alone brush it! Baby Sweetsteps only loses a bit at a time, but it's still a sad thing to see. On my Tangerine Twinkle, a bunch of her pink snapped at the root (well, maybe "snapped" is the wrong word, as it just came off!) when I unbraided her hair from how it was styled in the thrift store bin and, with the slightest tug, the rest decided to follow suit! Her purple and tinsel were entirely unaffected, though. It should be noted that she has quite a bit of glitter that's dissolved already. I keep her pink hair in a baggie in hopes of finding a match.

Speaking of matches, Baby Sweetsteps has a darker color I've only seen on G1s (which is supposed to match Dollyhair's Heartthrob, but I've yet to compare), the childhood pair a slightly lighter color I've only seen on G3s (including, but not limited to, Sparkleworks, Sunny Daze, and Baby Pink Sunsparkle), and Tangerine Twinkle a warmer, ever-so-slightly more vibrant color than other G3s, which I've only seen on her. That's three different colors! I've yet to observe this phenomenon in Tales-era pink (as seen on Patch), Twilight Pink's pink (which may be the same color), or Tink-a-Tink-a-Too's pink (which is the same color, but non-matte). That doesn't mean they aren't more prone to it, though, since the only ponies I have with any of these ponies are the ones I've named the latter two colors after. If anyone has a pony with these colors and hair rot, do share (especially if their other colors are better off)!

In addition, on MLP Preservation Project's site, it shows a DB Stardazzle who has also been afflicted and rerooted in DH Heartthrob, which seems about right for her as well.

I've also had a Core 7 Rainbow Dash and a G3.5 TAF Toola-Roola whose pinks were considerably frizzier than their other colors and more stubborn to defrizz. I've never tried to compare their colors, though. I've observed this frizzing phenomenon in others' ponies as well.

Since this phenomenon has been widely observed in Avon ponies (who may have been stored in a hot warehouse, but that's just a theory), I believe that there's some chemical reason that dark pink hair is more prone to frizz and rot. It must be a common dye between the at least three colors I've seen this happen to.

Because of this, I give a small section of dark pink a tug on any pony who happens to have it to make sure they're safe. I wish there was a safer way, but if the hair's rotting, it should probably be replaced anyway.

As for why I'm thinking heat, Baby Sweetsteps is from Florida; the childhood pair were in a hot garage for a while; and Tangerine Twinkle, as mentioned before, has dissolved glitter, which is also heat-related, IIRC. Correlation doesn't mean causation, but I think there's something to this.

And finally, for my afflicted girls, I just try not to handle Baby Sweetsteps too much, as her hair is otherwise really nice and the rot is relatively mild; you can see the broken hairs up close, but she's got quite a bit of factory curl! I plan to reroot my childhood ponies once I find decent matches, even though they're common ponies; I was always frustrated as a kid that Rainbow Flash wasn't "pretty" since her hair has always been exceptionally frizzy, and Romperooni shares two of three colors with her (and is also HER Romperooni)! I'm pretty sure I still have their barrettes as well, but I'd have to check. If there's a good match for Tangerine Twinkle, I'll replace her stubble as well. I've upgraded the Toola-Roola, but I still want to try using my relatively new curling iron on her and RD to see if I can fix it. It'll fix one of her flaws before I sell her, at least.
I jammed all that in a spoiler and added the short answer at the top since it's a bit long and off-topic. Sorry for writing a novel!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal