collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood pony photos  (Read 2252 times)

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
Childhood pony photos
« on: December 13, 2020, 06:41:50 AM »
There was a thread for this, but it was locked due to inactivity. Decided to make one because I found a photo (Kodak Instamatic from 1983-1984. Before Polaroid sued them) that showed my first two G1's that started it all (Bubbles and Glory) along with my soon to expand plushie collection:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yes that came with Starlite. :redface: Later gave it to my little niece around 1989.

It's nice to glance to my left and see both of them as I type this. Besides my G1's, I still have all of the plushies I had in the 80's too (albeit most not in good condition, especially the yellow Mighty Star unicorn, which was my #1 favorite. There's one on Ebay in like new condition I wouldn't mind getting, but they want $60 for it plus $50 shipping). Will see if I can find other pic's that show the other G1's I had back then.

Now let's see yours.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 06:47:05 AM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Childhood pony photos
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 04:35:15 PM »
Most of my childhood pony pictures have people in them, and my family don't really like me posting pictures online of them at any life stage, so I can't share most of them. I have a few of me alone with ponies or just ponies...but I'm not sure where they are.

So jealous of you having Glory as a childhood pony. <3.

I think one of the earliest pony photos of mine is me with Mum and Gran holding baby Blossom. I'm probably about 4. And there's another when I was almost 6, when my sister was a baby, and DC is in the background with Tropical Breeze peeking out of the window.

Pretty sure I also have some with pony merch from parties when in primary school :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »
I don't have any :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 06:27:49 AM »
that is so awesome that you have childhood photos of your ponies. i dont have any photos of all of anything

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 07:35:38 AM »

I hope this shows up okay...my pictures always seem a touch blurry when they post on here, and this photo isn't the sharpest to begin with. I'm trying to remember exactly when it was taken...it must have been shortly after I got my slumber party pack, because those ponies are heavily represented here, and Pink Dreams still has her wings intact! I thought I got it over spring break in 1988, but maybe it was '87. Check out the 80's tunic thing I'm wearing (my grandma made it and I loved it!), the ugly 80's blue carpet in my bedroom, and those awful coke-bottle glasses!

I see:
Pillow Talk
Tootsie, wearing Get into the Groove outfit
Princess Tiffany's bushwoolie (but I don't see the Tiffster anywhere)
Twins Sleep Tight and Sleepyhead
BBE Tiddlywinks
Baby Nightcap
Twins Nibbles and Dibbles
Twins Noodles and Doodles
Baby Surprise (I think...coloring seems really off in this pic)
Pink Dreams (oh, to have her original wings again!)
Baby Bouncy
BBE Baby Cuddles

I had another pic I really wanted to post of us playing with the Baby Bonnet school of dance up at my grandparents' lake house, but my sisters were in it and I didn't want to take the liberty of posting pics of others without their permission.

ETA: oh man, it's showing up really pixelated, at least on my phone...here's the link to see if it shows up any better.

https://i.postimg.cc/Qt7x5rgB/20200403-131145.jpg

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 07:41:54 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 07:41:31 AM »
Awww, that's so cute LadyAmalthea! I love your childhood collection! I had very similar glasses, very thick too, but way uglier than yours (turquoise frame).  :lol:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 07:47:42 AM »
Awww, that's so cute LadyAmalthea! I love your childhood collection! I had very similar glasses, very thick too, but way uglier than yours (turquoise frame).  :lol:

Oh, don't worry...the pair I got after these were hot pink!  :scared: Thank goodness I got contacts for my 9th birthday before I had to wear that pair to school...my mom should NOT have let me pick those out myself!  XD

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 08:07:36 AM »

Oh, don't worry...the pair I got after these were hot pink!  :scared: Thank goodness I got contacts for my 9th birthday before I had to wear that pair to school...my mom should NOT have let me pick those out myself!  XD

Ahahahaha, ok, you beat me, hot pink glasses are even worse than turquoise ones.  :lol: Ah yes, I also picked the turquoise ones myself, I seem to be quite pleased with my choice on the old photos, which makes it even worse.  :X

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 02:06:47 PM »
I posted these in the other Childhood Pony Photos thread, but since that one's locked, I'll post these again. All of them except the last one are from my sixth birthday party; the last photo is from my seventh birthday party. I also had a pony themed birthday for my eight birthday, but no ponies in any of those photos.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2020, 03:06:25 PM »
Oh I love those pics!! It looks like a birthday I would have had myself...or at least wished I'd been invited to! Those 80's birthday parties were the best...the themes, the party hats, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey (or was it pony?!)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »
Awww, these pictures are all so cute  ^.^   My childhood photos are all at my parents' place, maybe someday after the 'rona is over I'll get to dig them up.  I know there are quite a few with ponies floating around, since I was always carrying one around with me!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2020, 02:10:16 PM »
I had pony plates/cups and a pony cake too! I think it may have been an early birthday...I'll try and find the pictures. It wasn't at my home and I don't think any ponies were present but just the merch and us kids.

Those are so awesome, FernMariposa. <3

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
I love these photos! <3
I don't think I have any photos of me as a child with my ponies, but somewhere I have photos I took on an old disposable camera of them. I think they're with my mother's stuff across the country, though. Maybe she has some.

Taffeta, as far as your family not liking photos of them online, what if you edited the photos to totally blur out their faces/bodies even if they'd want? So then you'd just see you & your ponies, & some... blurs. XD

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 03:30:34 PM »
I don't have any pics of me with my childhood ponies.  There's a video of one birthday where I got Pina Colada/Hula Hula and Starflash.  I also have one pic of me wearing a MLP Halloween costume.

I love seeing everyone else's pics though.  :D

Ponyfan 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 10:20:15 AM »
Oh I love those pics!! It looks like a birthday I would have had myself...or at least wished I'd been invited to! Those 80's birthday parties were the best...the themes, the party hats, pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey (or was it pony?!)

Thank you! I'm sure we played pin-the-tail-on-the-pony, but I don't remember. To be honest, I don't remember my sixth birthday party at all (I mean, I was only turning six!), so I'm so glad I at least got some snapshots of it even if it's only a few. I remember snippets of my 7th birthday, such as receiving Steamer and Scoops and the ice cream parlor. I love your photo too, so cute! I, too, had glasses similar to yours!

I had pony plates/cups and a pony cake too! I think it may have been an early birthday...I'll try and find the pictures. It wasn't at my home and I don't think any ponies were present but just the merch and us kids.

Those are so awesome, FernMariposa. <3

Thanks! Do you remember who was on your plates and cups? I don't remember if Glory was the only option or I liked her so much that she was the one I chose. In the second picture you can see a round disk with Applejack's face ad I think those were party favors - a maze with a little round silver ball you have to get to the center.

I have no idea which pony is on my sixth birthday cake. I've posted these photos on Instagram and I've gotten suggestions that it could be Starflower or Sweet Pop. I don't think it's the latter because I don't see any wings, but I could see it maybe being Starflower even though I never owned her. Or it could just be some generic pony!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal