collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did they ever release this giant spike plushie anywhere or make a winged spike?  (Read 1529 times)

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 08:56:20 PM by RainbowAlicorn999 »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
EQD links are auto filtered.
The only Spike I'm familiar with is the 10 inch one that is sadly wingless...I can't recall a winged one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Image here:

According to MLP Merch, who are very good at keeping up-to-date, the largest Spike plush released was a 20 inch quadrupedal one by Funrise. No official plushies appear to have wings.

EDIT: Immediately I realized that this is a PMS International plush, which should've clicked sooner since other PMS ponies, including G3.5s, were part of this display. They made prize plushies, which likely come in multiple sizes, so perhaps this one WAS released, but hasn't been documented. If any plush were to go undocumented, it'd be a giant prize plush, which are made in quite small quantities since they tend to sit around for sometimes years before being won. PMS also made these for the European market, so he probably would only be found there, limiting his range.

An example of rare giant prize plushies is the Newborn Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash presumably made by ITM Leisure due to similarities in style of both the plush and the tag. These things are HUGE! They're probably European exclusives and the only documentation of their existence I can find is a picture of a Rainbow Dash and mention that Pinkie was an option in an old Trading Post thread.

I discovered the 6 inch PMS G3.5s (not cohesively documented anywhere I know of) when I bought a lot of all four new with tags on eBay last month. They've already arrived and seem legit; the seller had five sets of them, so I imagine they were in a warehouse for a while. Previously, I only knew of 9 inch, 12 inch, and 18 inch variants of these guys, with the smaller ones being more cheaply produced. According to MLP Merch, the PMS Spike was 13 inches and is the only PMS Spike listed.

It could totally be a prototype that was never released, but if someone came forward with one... well, I'd actually be surprised, but moreso that one of these found its way into a collector's hands and less that they were produced at all. Again, giant prizes are won, not purchased! The people who took them home may not even be fans and are definitely unaware that what they have is anything special, considering that nobody's come forward with one (that I know of).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:32:33 PM by MintyMyndi »
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Image here:

According to MLP Merch, who are very good at keeping up-to-date, the largest Spike plush released was a 20 inch quadrupedal one by Funrise. No official plushies appear to have wings.

EDIT: Immediately I realized that this is a PMS International plush, which should've clicked sooner since other PMS ponies, including G3.5s, were part of this display. They made prize plushies, which likely come in multiple sizes, so perhaps this one WAS released, but hasn't been documented. If any plush were to go undocumented, it'd be a giant prize plush, which are made in quite small quantities since they tend to sit around for sometimes years before being won. PMS also made these for the European market, so he probably would only be found there, limiting his range.

An example of rare giant prize plushies is the Newborn Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash presumably made by ITM Leisure due to similarities in style of both the plush and the tag. These things are HUGE! They're probably European exclusives and the only documentation of their existence I can find is a picture of a Rainbow Dash and mention that Pinkie was an option in an old Trading Post thread.

I discovered the 6 inch PMS G3.5s (not cohesively documented anywhere I know of) when I bought a lot of all four new with tags on eBay last month. They've already arrived and seem legit; the seller had five sets of them, so I imagine they were in a warehouse for a while. Previously, I only knew of 9 inch, 12 inch, and 18 inch variants of these guys, with the smaller ones being more cheaply produced. According to MLP Merch, the PMS Spike was 13 inches and is the only PMS Spike listed.

It could totally be a prototype that was never released, but if someone came forward with one... well, I'd actually be surprised, but moreso that one of these found its way into a collector's hands and less that they were produced at all. Again, giant prizes are won, not purchased! The people who took them home may not even be fans and are definitely unaware that what they have is anything special, considering that nobody's come forward with one (that I know of).

Thats disappointing but tysm for the info.

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
i saw a "grown-up" G4 Spike toy and I'm pretty sure it had wings. it was also some kind rare, expensive thing though.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
i saw a "grown-up" G4 Spike toy and I'm pretty sure it had wings. it was also some kind rare, expensive thing though.

Guardians of Harmony Spike?

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile

Guardians of Harmony Spike?

That's it! Guess it didn't have wings.

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
The only officially licensed spike toy with wings I know of is the 2019 mcdonalds spike toy:
https://data.mlpmerch.com/other-figures/details/ofmc19sp/
Wasn't released in the US though.

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
That's too bad...I'd love to have a Spike with wings.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal