collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UK vs US family  (Read 706 times)

Offline iam_misshennessy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
UK vs US family
« on: December 07, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »
I know there are differences in the babies but are there any noticeable differences in the moms and dads? I'll be selling a mommy and daddy Apple Delight soon and want to make sure there isn't any differences I should be looking out for before selling them. I also sell vintage and new toys as a second job so I get new ponies in every week and I'm trying to focus on my inventory of the lesser common ponies, including the families, so I don't know if I should be paying special attention to the parents.

Thanks in advance!
I SELL VINTAGE & NEW NAME BRAND TOYS!
* Taking a break from inventory to focus on expanding my personal collection, so VERY interested in trades!
- ISO & trade link coming soon! -
SALES
Message with toy requests. 100s of brands!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: UK vs US family
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:43:41 AM »
There are No Country variants of both Mummy & Daddy Apple Delight. They have no country of manufacture on their hooves and also look slightly different. I think they were made in Spain, but were sold in various places (including the UK). The Sweet Celebrations and Bright Bouquet parents also have No Country variants.

I'm not aware of any variations in the babies: only the fact that in the US the sets were sold together with one baby, while in the UK the family members were sold separately on cards and there were two babies. So the US didn't have Baby Brother Apple Delight or Baby Sister Sweet Celebrations. But they do have more complete sets available second-hand, whereas here mummies seem to be more common than the daddies.

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 04:29:22 AM »
I'm not sure about the rest but I do have both Hong Kong and China versions of Baby Sister Apple Delight.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 09:33:32 AM »
There should I think be HK and China versions of the whole family. Although I actually am not sure the European babies have a HK version.  I don't think they do.

Plus the NC ones that were mentioned, and they look more different because of their manufacture.

I am going to leave alone the debate as to whether all of those are Spanish made xD.

...There aren't really UK and US families though. The four part family was sold across Europe - Western Europe at the very least. Chinese and NC versions of the parents are more common in the UK, I can't speak for the other areas but imagine that the same is true. It's probably to do with timing of the releases.

Similarly, the "US" sets were sold quite widely - we even had them here as store imports in the box set format (otherwise they were sold loose on card).

If you are in the US you're more likely to have a HK or China adult, but that's all.

Pony distribution is really messy :) but I think it's important to get away from these ideas of US and UK versions when neither one is actually true in about 95% of cases.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal