collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help from Germany! Ebay seller fraud or what?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Siiri

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Help from Germany! Ebay seller fraud or what?
« on: December 05, 2020, 10:54:47 AM »
Hi!

I won an auction a while ago. Seller told me it was sent and ebay has a shipping code for Hermes. Ebay shows the package has been sent and Hermes web-site and customer service says that the package has been bought = edm but not sent. Seller is mean and isn't co-operative and I'm pissed.

Can someone help and does anyone now seller sandrde_wzu147c3?

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Help from Germany! Ebay seller fraud or what?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »
Ebay only marked it as "sent" because the seller did so. It's something you can turn on and off.

The Hermes info is more valuable. It sometimes takes a few days until you can track a package. But it sounds like the sellers did not get it to the Hermes office. If I were you I'd contact the seller again and if he/she doesn't cooperate you should maybe cancel your payment (I assume you paid via paypal, in that case you have buyers protection).

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 11:57:46 AM »
I was stupid and paid with bank transfer because seller had loads of good feedback (like 99.8% positive).. Never again! The package is sent (not) few weeks ago.. I dont think Covid effects that much.

I contacted ebay and they contacted the seller to post me proof of sending the package. Not having high hopes ever having the package.

Offline BabyTaffeta

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »
I don’t know if this problem is solved but I can tell you that Hermes and their Tracking informations aren’t very reliable this December :( I am also still waiting for a package myself that was sent earlier in December...don’t know if this helps but maybe don’t give up hope.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
********visitors can't see pics , please register or login
*********visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Thanks to Exodus3D and jupi for my siggy & to Spring_Shower for my Avvie!~

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 11:48:14 AM »
This ended badly and I learned my lesson. I lost my money and got nothing. The seller was very hostile and refused to help me and of course Ebay sided with the seller because I was stupid and paid via bank transfer. The seller is sandrde_wzu147c3. Today ended one auction with a high € ending, hope the seller sends the goods this time to the poor soul who won. I can't fathom why does Ebay allow these sellers who only offer bank transfer or pick up as option, I think PayPal should always be an option!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 12:24:47 PM »
so sorry to hear about your update :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline pandabear_chan

• Trade Count: (+393)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://customsbypandabear.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 12:18:09 AM »
I purchased from this seller a few times now and always was able to pay via Paypal. This was on ebay but also on our local platform ebay-kleinanzeigen. I admit she's not somebody you'd love to buy from because she's such a great and friendly person, 'though everything arrived (but we're both in Germany).

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 02:15:52 PM »
Well she certainly wasn't friendly to me and refused to help me with the parcel. And you can see from the listings that there is no option for PayPal. And now I checked her feedback and there is no positive feedback as seller, only as buyer... And many others too have left without what they purchased as you can see from the feedback. The parcel was automatically insured but she refused to help in any way. And I can see from the trackin code that the parcel was never left  at the post office  :cry: She took my money and never send me anything, I lost quite a hefty sum of money.. I wouldn't trust her at all. Actually I've just started to check can I do a report of an offence of her somehow or something.

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 03:42:49 AM »
I understand your frustration, I regularly see ponies (another one just today) I'm interested in, then I see the seller only posts to the EU and they don't even accept PayPal. I don't understand why ebay is ok with these old-fashioned payment methods without buyer protection at all.  >_<

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 01:00:36 PM »
I hope you're able to find a way to pursue this. Can you talk to your bank? As it's within the EU there may be something they can do to help you.

@IceCrystal, this is a problem for us in the Uk now too, no longer being in the EU >< I know Switzerland isn't a member state, but I thought you guys had some special dispensation regarding EU stuff? Or is that not the case?

It's surprising that in this day and age anyone would expect bank transfers on ebay. :/ It used to be the case that sellers on Ebay.de almost entirely used that, or cash, but it's not like that any more. I mean, we used to send cash to Ebay in the US to pay our listing fees, so things have moved on. The systems now exist...I'm really surprised Ebay allows this to happen without any safeguards.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline IceCrystal02

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2021, 03:02:18 PM »
@Taffeta: When you live in Switzerland you're used to fill in customs forms whenever you post abroad, no matter where your consignment is headed. An EU seller who sends goods to Switzerland has to fill in a customs form too, while sending parcels within the EU is much easier (I'm not sure if a customs form is required at all. If yes, it's definitely a simplified one), which means some sellers don't want to bother with the customs stuff and therefore choose the option of only posting within the EU. I've managed to persuade quite a few sellers to post here nevertheless (German and UK sellers), and the last one mentioned that they were surprised how easy it was and that they were well guided through the customs declaration process by DHL. So it has definitely got easier nowadays as we can fill in these forms online now.

Switzerland is still negotiating an institutional framework accord with the EU, they don't really seem to make substantial progress.  :lol: The government signed bilateral agreements though, so some EU laws apply here as well.

I'm surprised bank transfers are still a thing in e-commerce at all. But you're right, I remember that in my earlier ebay days it was an even much more common payment method, so it seems at least some sellers have now switched to PayPal. Apart from the non-existent buyer protection it's also much more time-consuming (at least with my house bank) to log into my account and fill in all the payee information, so I also prefer PayPal for the reason that it's much quicker and I don't have to worry about the bank returning my payment because parts of the entered address don't exactly match the payee's registered address with their bank.

Ah yes, that reminds me. In my early ebay days I would sometimes send money taped to a piece of cardboard in order to pay for a historical postcard if the seller didn't accept any other forms of payment. Now that is a thing I definitely wouldn't do any more today.  :lol: I have to admit that I never had any problems though, the sellers all received my payment and I got my coveted postcards soon after.  :biggrin:

Offline maian82_123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2021, 11:00:17 AM »
This ended badly and I learned my lesson. I lost my money and got nothing. The seller was very hostile and refused to help me and of course Ebay sided with the seller because I was stupid and paid via bank transfer. The seller is sandrde_wzu147c3. Today ended one auction with a high € ending, hope the seller sends the goods this time to the poor soul who won. I can't fathom why does Ebay allow these sellers who only offer bank transfer or pick up as option, I think PayPal should always be an option!

That poor soul is me and no, I have not received my ponies. I have bought from the same seller before and everything was ok back then but this time was different. I have reported to the police but I don't know are they going to do anything about it. This sucks.

Offline Siiri

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 01:13:37 PM »
Sorry to hear! I'm so frustrated with this seller! So arrogant and mean.

Offline maian82_123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »
That seller has a live listing at this very moment and it includes SEVERAL SAME ITEMS that I already bought and did not receive!!!

Please compare yourself:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/144101195825
https://www.ebay.de/itm/143998302091

I have reported this to Ebay and they promised to take a look at what is going on.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2021, 04:35:34 PM »
Does anyone know if this is a new ID for Sternenstaub? 
AKA Zaradess
AKA spielzeugland2014 (ebay.de)
AKA babysugarberry (german forum)   
AKA handgottes75 (ebay)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal