collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are the Soda Sippin' Ponies normal-sized?  (Read 711 times)

Offline Bathtub

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Are the Soda Sippin' Ponies normal-sized?
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:58:23 PM »
I am looking up the Soda Sippin' Ponies online, but there are no photographs currently that show them next to other traditional mold ponies.I've never seen them in person (obviously). It looks to me like the Soda Sippin' Ponies are in the Tic-Tac-Toe pose, but a website said that the year they came out it was the coterminous Flower Fantasy Ponies that were the last ponies in the traditional molds.

Are the Soda Sippin' Ponies big like the Sweet Talkin' Ponies and the Secret Surprise Ponies, or are they just rainbow maned earth ponies with ice cream symbols and holes over their lips?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 08:00:02 PM by Bathtub »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Are the Soda Sippin' Ponies normal-sized?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:57:29 PM »
I feel like they are just a little bit bigger yeah
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 09:02:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're normal-sized; Strawberry Scoops models the Pony Wear outfit Lights, Camera, Action on My Little Wiki; you can see her symbol through the dress! I don't see why they would duplicate an existing pose ever so slightly larger for a gimmick that doesn't require a larger size; if they did need to be larger, I'd think it'd be more likely they use Precious Pocket molds.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Pony_Wear_with_Jewelry
I don't own either, though, so I could be wrong!

If they did re-carve the pose just for the hole in the lip, it could have come out slightly larger, but that wouldn't necessarily be intentional.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 09:11:22 PM »
I never knew the Sweet Talkin ponies were bigger...guess I've never actually seen one in person. That's interesting!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 05:12:06 AM »
I have a soda sipping pony with my other sugarberry pose ponies and she is the same size as them  :)
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 01:52:15 PM »
Definitely the same size. They are TTT's pose, just with the hole cut for the straw.
The website probably meant the ponies that year were the last. Not specifically that set (as they were out the same time as the Flower Fantasy ponies).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline skyline

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »
Not the world's greatest pic but they are for sure the same size!

Although - squinting a bit - maybe the Sippin' Soda heads are a little bigger?  :brow: now I'm rethinking everything!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 07:54:23 PM by skyline »

sig by starscout!

Looking for Lucky Bell’s Musical Dream Pony (Keypers fakie)! PM me if you’re selling !

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
The Princess Ponies were recarved to allow for 3D symbols, so it could just be one of those minor differences between the molds. The first wave of Princesses actually did a pretty good job with their recarves! You can hardly tell they've been redone at a glance. The second wave, along with the Sundae Best Ponies, weren't so accurate... I still like them, but they do have a certain degree of wonk! Banana Surprise and Taffeta have longer faces, and the eye placement on Swirly Whirly/Butter Kiss/Waffelchen (the superior version) is quite a bit different from normal Collector's Pose ponies. If I recall correctly, the MGR Posey Pose (used for Flower Bouquet and Sunny Bunch) has one awkwardly long leg... But whatever. Ponies are more than the flaws of their poses, especially which can be hardly seen without comparison!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal