collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hunting 'round the house for ponies  (Read 872 times)

Offline ChibiMango

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Hunting 'round the house for ponies
« on: December 09, 2020, 11:27:26 AM »
Hey!  I made my intro a long time ago then vanished, as I often do on sites like this.  Due to my awful attention span, after finding a few ponies and joining this site, I ended up forgetting about ponies within a few days.  This is a pretty common thing with me, I'll try to get back into an old interest and I forget after a few days. 

I've tried to get back into my childhood pony interest many times over the years, but it's always been a cycle of "Find me or my siblings childhood pony abandoned on the floor in bad condition" > "Give the ponies I find a spa day" > "Put them away somewhere" > "They somehow end up getting taken out of the box/off the shelf and end up on the floor around the house and get their hair messed up" > repeat.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The cycle has lessened over the years, this time I actually still have a few ponies on the shelf from the last time I tried to fix them up.  But I have a lot more ponies somewhere, I just don't know where.  Some might be in my room, some might be in my sibling's room, and I feel like I've spotted one or two in the hallways or even the bathroom.  Plus I moved my bedroom last summer, and there's still a box or two that hasn't been unpacked yet because I haven't needed to do so.  Wonder if there's any ponies hiding in there...

The missing ponies are mostly G3s and G4s, but I have a pair of fakies, a pair of G3.5s, and a pair of retro re-release G1s somewhere too.  I know some of the G4s are my sib's from when they were littler, along with one of the two G3.5s, but I'm fairly certain all of the G3s are mine.

I'm really wanting to try and find the rest, so I'll probably be hunting around the house a bit!  I'll see if I can keep people updated.  Hopefully I end up sticking around this time.

Has anyone else had to deal with rummaging for childhood ponies?  I wish my younger self was more organized (honestly I wish my current self was more organized too)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Hunting 'round the house for ponies
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »
Yep, we kept all of the G4 we played with in a bag but the G3 were misplaced. I did round up most of them? I think I have them all now.
Looks like someone liked yellow. :P

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 09:30:57 PM »
My mother taught us to organize our toys from a very young age, so I’ve never really had to look too hard for the 2 g3 girls and numerous McDonald’s I had growing up. We had the Barbie bin, the Stuffed animal bin, etc... ponies are all in the “animal toy” bin with LPS and other animal figures. And once I started collecting g4 (and got more serious about collecting and didn’t want my precious with the mess of other toys to get lost in the void) they have their own bin so I can keep track of everybody.
Sadly, these organization tactics have only somewhat stuck to me in my young adult chaos life, and so while my collections are organized...my workspace is anything but!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 02:26:56 PM »
Ah, yeah. I had the frantic hunt to round all mine up after finding out that my parents had a flood in their basement and several dozen of my sister's and my ponies plus all of our playsets may have been thrown away by a well-meaning family friend who helped with the cleanup. About a third of them turned up right away, and then 2 other boxes were found a couple months later, but due to Coronavirus lock-downs I wasn't able to go get the new boxes for a few more months. When I finally did, I was ecstatic to find that most of the ponies had survived. A handful are still missing, and I'm not holding my breath that they will turn up, but I've replaced a lot of it (including Paradise Estate, not sure what to do with the other one now), and acquired a lot more since!

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 05:20:52 PM »
Keep looking, they’ll turn up! I once lost my box of rares for a couple of years, turns out they were in storage. A happy surprise when you find them!

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 02:07:48 AM »
Last year I spent practically the whole summer rummaging in our (chaotic) attic in search of my various childhood toys. It was exhausting and sometimes frustrating, but soooo satisfying when you open a box and find your old childhood favourites are in there waiting for you!
Good luck pony hunting! I'm sure they're lurking somewhere!

Offline dragglereeka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »
An exciting treasure Hunt ! Looking forward to seeing more of your finds. Always nice to see a MacDonald's pony in there, I think the G3 ones were really pretty.
I'd recommend dedicating a box for them to keep them separated from other things while you're tidying up. :3

*Thankyou to Strawberry Swirl for my avatar*

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2020, 05:34:08 PM »
We're still looking for my sister's Skyflier (Dream Beauty). She hasn't been seen in around 13 years. She's here SOMEWHERE. It's just which box is she lurking in O.O. Before that we had equally long searches for Tracks' hat (found), Daisy Dancer (found), and Baby Liquorice's clip (still missing). This is my sister, ladies and gentlemen :P

...I also remember a mad hunt around the attic for my Kiss Curl variant, before realising she was in the cupboard.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 10:10:46 PM »
I once "lost" my Tink-a-Tink-a-Too and Lulabelle in a jewelry box, one with stained-glass window type doors... I occasionally "hang out" with my ponies, carrying them around the house wherever I go. I'd recently found them at the mystical out-of-state flea market and brought them home; Tink-a was a favorite of mine as a child, but not enough to save her from the yard sale of doom; Lulabelle is just lovely with her pose and colors! It's no coincidence I had them together, since I was obsessed with their similar symbols at the time. Then, a few days later, I couldn't find them!

I freaked out for a while, before seeing them in the jewelry box and laughing! I only vaguely remembered putting them there afterward, and still don't know why I did! The memory of opening the door and hearing the now-dead music box play its little song while just being utterly speechless that I'd found those two is a favorite of mine!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal