collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Display piece ponies and decisions  (Read 883 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Display piece ponies and decisions
« on: December 01, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »
Have you guys ever acquired a pony that you knew would be good as a display piece, at any point in time, and knew instantly what other pony that would look good beside it-whether you had it in your possession or not?

Or have you been indecisive, always playing around with the perfect display area or accompany ponies to compliment your one (or many) ideal display piece ponies?

For me, it might be a mix of both. I have a Luna figure that I bought and could see her displayed nicely alongside a Celestia figure  of equal quality (though I am none too fond of her). But am more certain that I want her alongside another Luna figure (coughKotobukiyacough) that I have planned for purchase and isn’t even up for preorder yet! XD but that’s just me.

How do you guys handle your display pieces?
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Display piece ponies and decisions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 04:26:53 AM »
I don't have display pieces per se. My ponies are all displayed in Detolf cases, and I don't have any special display other than that. If I did, I'd probably rotate sets or something like that. Sets tend to look nice together! :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 07:58:01 AM »
One of the ways I “play” with my collection is rearranging them. My fave ways to display are by pose or by set. So I kinda go back and forth between those two ways to display.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:59:14 AM »
This may be a problem I'll have one day when and if I have a proper pony room. As it is they're mostly in the cupboard or up in storage, so there's not much display about it...

Even the G3 and the G4 that live out on units and the flutters and so softs in the cabinet are just, well, there :)

When I was in London I did display the few ponies I had there in various ways, but right now that's not an option because of space.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
All of my collections reside on one shelf together, inside my closet, NOT on display. (Well, not on display to visitors).

I take certain things, and showcase them on the shelving system in the work room. I will also put them downstairs on floating shelves, once I can invest in that. It's not all toys of the shelf though, it's also plants, books, vintage cameras, etc.

So I like to feature things, but not have it be completely overwhelming at the same time. I like them to fit within the aesthetic of the house...

Otherwise, I think that detolf shelves with lighting is a beautiful way to highlight special items in a collection. (when not crowded, but merely highlighting 1-3 things per shelf depending on size). It's just not my personal solution.

ETA: If I did have something super special, I just wouldn't rotate it out of one the places I mentioned. :) It would stay on display.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 11:46:57 AM by banditpony »

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline kingluke

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • The Great King of Lucia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 11:44:49 AM »
I personally display every pony in my collection. Not for holidays or something special like that.
Last Christmas, I was eyeing the twin ponies shovels and sandcastle. They were used for Christmas decoration by the seller. I bought them end December/begin January.
Lover of Windwhistler

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 04:18:40 PM »
Hi there, I made most of my collecting decisions in advance which is easy because I focus mainly on G1. I used Taffeta's website a lot and planned purchases based on the UK releases that I'm familiar with from the 80s. I tend to display my things based on sets but I'm not a completionist and sometimes I combine sets based on similar themes.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:59:48 PM »
I like to display a few seasonally-appropriate ponies in my living room and change them with the seasons, so now I have Merry Treats and baby Stocking together, plus Powder and a couple of Xmas G3s.  Plus I have a Nausicaa custom that lives on my bookshelf with my comics/manga, and a pair of ponies that live in my bedroom - a Sparkler rehair and 4-Speed - I just realized they looked so good together so I leave them that way  :biggrin:  The rest are mashed together in a display cabinet or in storage boxes.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline fuzzysherbet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 11:24:55 PM »
hm, i don't really have any special display methods, but i do have a Heart Bright and a super long hair Rarity whose hair is in wonderful condition that i know will look amazing on the shelf once they're cleaned up! i may try to figure out a way to have them a bit more on show.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal