collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the status of MLP now?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline megaroundtheworld

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
What is the status of MLP now?
« on: November 29, 2020, 04:32:22 AM »
Hi there !

I used to be here everyday. Three four times a day. I would spend crazy amounts of money for exclusives and prototypes etc...  now I come here 2-3 times a year, I buy a few ponies a year (what seems new to me) because I am saying to myself: I have this amazing collection of 1000+ ponies so I have to continue to buy the new stuff. For collection sake. All of my ponies are in still in boxes. MIP/MIB. And they are stored in large cardboard boxes.

I think I still love them. Anyways this is not the purpose of my post.

I am in need of a recap of what is going on. Here is what I know/think I know and remember:

G4 is dead!?
Fim is dead!?
I see/ buy new ponies (g4,5 or G5)?
Do they have a new show?
If these are g4,5 is there a g5 coming our way?
I remember seeing drawings about g5 in 4 or 5 different art style. What happened to that?
I don’t see MLP in Walmart’s anymore!?
I see a few ponies in TRU and it’s seems to be a mixed up G4 and the new weird ones.
What about the 35th anniversary!?(here in canada i don’t much of it)
Is it true that we were supposed to have baby g1 pony rereleases??
Anything super exciting coming up!?

Anyways. Thanks if you are able to answer one or more of my many questions. I am trying to gain interest again but I am lost:)

Thanks!!!:)

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What is the status of MLP now?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 04:49:44 AM »
hi! i'm pretty much in the same boat of only checking in on MLP every few months lately but from what I understand, we're just in between-generation limbo right now. FiM ended October 2019 and G5 is supposed to start in 2021 with movie, and the squishy, catlike designs you see right now are g4.5 or Pony Life, which is mostly just to fill the dead space between generations. toy stock is scarce at best right now pretty much everywhere, and the leaked g5 concept art from quite a while back was scrapped, I think. it's going to be new characters.

no idea about the 35th anniversary stuff since i'm in Canada too and have only been able to track down like...2 of those ponies  :P

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 07:38:52 AM »
G4 is dying!! FiM is dead!!
Pony Life/G4.5 is here. The entire first season already aired in Canada, but is still starting in the USA. What sense does that make.
Everyone lost their minds over Pony Life but I really think it's fine. We are getting a second season of Pony Life soon.
We will be getting a movie in 2021 that will kick off G5. I have been collecting history of the movie here.
The different art style stuff were leaked in late 2017, I'd imagine just trying to work out what sort of look G5 will have. We don't have any current art stuff.
My Walmart is very miss with stock...lots of low stock everywhere.
Here's who's been released for the 35th anniversary: The original six ponies, the year 2 rainbows (both scented and unscented, including a 5-pack of all bar Sunlight. This pack was scented), the year 2 unipegs, year 2 earth ponies, the year 3 rainbows, year 3 unipegs EXCEPT Powder pose, Stranger Things Applejack, and a Comicon exclusive Majesty. The only playset we've had thus far is the pretty parlor with Peachy. We're waiting on the year 3 earth ponies to be released.
The babies were just some fan-made prototype images created by someone on here. I believe we know that Fizzy, Galaxy, Gingerbread, and...Sweet Stuff? Will be released next, but have nothing on the babies.
The movie is super exciting to me, hopefully we'll get more information for that around February.
It's all a bit confusing, especially after so long!
Edit: Also, Hasbro acquired Entertianment One and they seem be in charge of creating media for the franchise. Not sure what that means just yet, but it's happened.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:40:55 AM by tailrustedtealeaf »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »
G1 has been revived, not to the extent it was, but we're getting merch and toys.
G2 got a McDonald's toy
G3 had a weird blip with 4 toys
FiM is dead
G4 as a whole is on its last legs with PL/RtM and it is awful.
G5 is in the works, but we don't know squat. Conclusively speaking.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 04:18:09 PM »
I used to be here everyday. Three four times a day. I would spend crazy amounts of money for exclusives and prototypes etc...  now I come here 2-3 times a year, I buy a few ponies a year (what seems new to me) because I am saying to myself: I have this amazing collection of 1000+ ponies so I have to continue to buy the new stuff. For collection sake. All of my ponies are in still in boxes. MIP/MIB. And they are stored in large cardboard boxes.

I think I still love them. Anyways this is not the purpose of my post.

I'm just gonna say, if it's not the purpose of your post, it's odd including it.

That's not a dig or a slight, actually the opposite. If you are having to come up with reasons to keep interested in MLP, maybe the questions you need to ask are what parts of MLP are still important to you, if any?

Nobody should feel they have to keep up with the brand because they have a big collection. I've been in the online community 22 or 23 years,and I have a couple of thousand ponies lurking around here in one place or another,  but I've not been here continuously. I've taken long hiatuses when I've been focused on other things. I still have my ponies, but they sometimes take a backseat and I don't feel bad about it when they do. For some people that's the right call, for others they just move to a point where pony doesn't have the same charm any more. Some keep their collections and store them, others part with them. I'm not telling you to do either, just that you sound under pressure to keep interested and that's no fun at all :/

Please don't take this as a 'you're not welcome here' message. It's really the opposite. If you're genuinely reinvigorated by the subject of MLP or think that some of the stuff the others have mentioned will do that for you, awesome. Welcome back :) But if you're really having doubts, you don't need to feel like you HAVE to collect ponies.

Really, do what makes you happy. Nobody judges :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal