collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehairing g3 Rainbow Bubbles?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline ranka

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Rehairing g3 Rainbow Bubbles?
« on: November 28, 2020, 07:04:18 AM »
I know she is some what sought after, but her hair cut is quite awful. 😄 What would you do? And does some one know a good colour match for her?
[img width= height= alt=IMG_20201127_145155936" border="0]https://i.ibb.co/44YjP70/IMG-20201127-145155936.jpg[/img]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Rehairing g3 Rainbow Bubbles?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 07:15:31 AM »
She's your pony. Go for it!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 08:11:16 AM »
I think she is cute!  I would curl her forelock and mane and not worry too much about how she is unique :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 08:14:49 AM »
Personally, her forelock bothers me a bit much and I would probably spring for the rehair, also because the long hair is part of her appeal to me?
Wish I could help on the color matching! I've been working on finding G3 hair colors and who shares what, if anyone has a hair match, I may grab that information for the Wiki.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2020, 08:55:34 AM »
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G3_Hair_Colors

ETA: Well that's not helpful!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 09:06:06 AM by Leave a Whisper »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2020, 10:22:49 AM »
Ohh darn it that the forelock has to be so short! I actually think the rest of her hair cut is super cute and punky, but a forelock that won’t sit is a huge pet peeve for me at least. Do you plan on selling her? If I was in your boat, I think I would re-hair, but if I was planning on keeping her in my own collection, I would do a crazy alt rehair!
Am I the only one who is super bothered Rainbow Bubbles has no trace of rainbow on her? :P When I first heard the name I thought for sure she would have rainbow hair!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G3_Hair_Colors

ETA: Well that's not helpful!
Ha, that's my project, yep!

Sorry tailrust.  :blush: i just couldn't find Rainbow Bubbles. Work in progress is it?

Post Merge: November 28, 2020, 12:37:41 PM

Ohh darn it that the forelock has to be so short! I actually think the rest of her hair cut is super cute and punky, but a forelock that won’t sit is a huge pet peeve for me at least. Do you plan on selling her? If I was in your boat, I think I would re-hair, but if I was planning on keeping her in my own collection, I would do a crazy alt rehair!
Am I the only one who is super bothered Rainbow Bubbles has no trace of rainbow on her? :P When I first heard the name I thought for sure she would have rainbow hair!

Your not the only one bothered by it.

Ranka, do you have a Star Dasher or Rainbowdash to compare to? Because it looks like it might be one of those shades of pink.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:39:13 PM by Leave a Whisper »

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2020, 12:42:37 PM »
Sorry tailrust.  :blush: i just couldn't find Rainbow Bubbles. Work in progress is it?
Exhausting thing, it is. I'll make a thread asking for help once I've exhausted comparing the ponies in my collection. :P After the semester ends...
Wish I could help on where to buy replacement colors that are appropriate though! I agree that Rainbow Dash or Star Dasher will have the right shade. Sunny Salsa's pink is a slightly darker one to RDs, but worth comparing there as well.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline ranka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Thanks for the Input everyone. 🙂 She will stay in my herd and I think I will rehair, but I'm not sure yet.
The forelock is really too short, it bothers me too! I do like the idea of alt rehair... I was confused about her name too, it seems so random. 😄
Ranka, do you have a Star Dasher or Rainbowdash to compare to? Because it looks like it might be one of those shades of pink.
I have Rainbow Dash III and her pink is slightly different.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »
Then its likely whatever Star Dasher's shade is

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 05:44:49 PM »
I don't have a Rainbow Bubbles on hand to compare, but judging from photos online, her pink hair is "Dark Pink 3" (in my own nomenclature). It's a similar shade to Star Dasher, but matte/opaque instead of translucent. This is the pink on Baby Boogie Woogie and Brights Brightly.

Matte hair colors are harder to come by in general... "Truly Outrageous" from The Doll Planet might be close, but don't take my word for it. If you're never going to want to sell her, I'd say do a lovely alt-rehair! It would be a lot easier than sourcing replacement hair, and you could improve upon what she was "born" with.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 06:11:00 PM »
TDP is not nylon! It's really nice for making elaborate hairstyles or very resistant curls though.
Am curious...if you compare her to Sunny Salsa, how does the pink look?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »
Oops, I noticed you're in Germany after the fact, sorry ranka! You should probably check RetroDollsUK or another European hair distributor for pony hair without the added burden of overseas shipping. Unfortunately, the RDUK mobile site is like pulling teeth for me, so I can't recommend any specific colors. I'm sure if you asked in the "customs" section, someone would be able to pinpoint the colors you want. Sorry again for my US-centricity, and best of luck making her beautiful! :)

Offline ranka

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 12:23:05 AM »
 :lovey:
I don't have a Rainbow Bubbles on hand to compare, but judging from photos online, her pink hair is "Dark Pink 3" (in my own nomenclature). It's a similar shade to Star Dasher, but matte/opaque instead of translucent. This is the pink on Baby Boogie Woogie and Brights Brightly.

Matte hair colors are harder to come by in general... "Truly Outrageous" from The Doll Planet might be close, but don't take my word for it. If you're never going to want to sell her, I'd say do a lovely alt-rehair! It would be a lot easier than sourcing replacement hair, and you could improve upon what she was "born" with.
Thank you! I compared her to my Brights Brightly, and it seems to be the same colour.
TDP is not nylon! It's really nice for making elaborate hairstyles or very resistant curls though.
Am curious...if you compare her to Sunny Salsa, how does the pink look?
I'm sorry, I don't have Sunny Salsa in my collection. ☹️
Oops, I noticed you're in Germany after the fact, sorry ranka! You should probably check RetroDollsUK or another European hair distributor for pony hair without the added burden of overseas shipping. Unfortunately, the RDUK mobile site is like pulling teeth for me, so I can't recommend any specific colors. I'm sure if you asked in the "customs" section, someone would be able to pinpoint the colors you want. Sorry again for my US-centricity, and best of luck making her beautiful! :)
No problem, you have been very helpful and I appreciate that. 😊

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal