collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 116
  • Dot Hidden: 2
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: Core-7 Era Coloring Book Recipes  (Read 334 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
Core-7 Era Coloring Book Recipes
« on: November 26, 2020, 11:18:37 PM »
I figured with today being Thanksgiving, I'd mention these! While the cats are freaking out over the "biggest chicken they've ever seen" and the pies are baking forEVER, I'd like to talk about these seven recipes found within the pages of Core-7 G3 and G3.5 Bendon coloring books.
In the G3 coloring books, they each have a name (though they're all named after a pony, some more directly than others); in the G3.5 books, however, they're simply known as "[pony]'s Favorite Tasty Treat."
I'll type them all out here; I've at least attempted each recipe once, and so I'll tell you about my experiences with them as well! I'd love to hear whether you've made these yourselves and how they turned out for you.
The recipe will be types word-for-word, then will have a section for my comments about how to actually make the recipes. Read those comments if you decide to prepare them yourself!

Pinkie Pie
Essentially a strawberry meringue pie! This one gave me trouble, so do read the comments! It's probably the most difficult to make out of all of these!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Scootaloos
Cornflake candy bars with peanut butter, chocolate, and butterscotch... mmmm... Simultaneously crunchy and chewy!

Toola-Roola Roll-Ups
The only savory recipe of the bunch, they're essentially spirals of pepperoni pizza! These sparked a headcanon for me that Toola really, REALLY likes pizza.

Rainbow Dash Ice Cream
Lovely chocolate ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. It's quite versatile, so you can make your own flavors.

Sweetie-Belles
Sugar-crusted chocolate cookies! I have tried to make them a Christmas tradition, but they don't like turning out right (they stick to the pans). They're worth the effort it takes to make them.

Cheerilee Cherry Tart
Cherry cheesecake cupcakes that have been a beloved Thanksgiving tradition, though this is the first year I'm not making them, unfortunately, since we're on our own this year. Perhaps when we run out of pie (four pies for five people!) I can make them just because.

StarSong Hot Chocolate
StarSong has good taste. The recipe for this one is perhaps the most unclear, so do read my comments if you decide to make it! It would make a good Christmas gift in a mason jar tied with a ribbon, perhaps with a mug...
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
Re: Core-7 Era Coloring Book Recipes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 03:21:52 AM »
Wow, thanks for sharing all these!  They look really delicious...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • MOC Mimic
  • hush now
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 03:36:46 AM »
This is such a cute idea and it would have been cool to see the Core 7 characters actually be developed more beyond the media.
Suggesting a merengue to kids? Sure, whatever. XD
Toola Roola's sounds so good...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Haves | SalesPony Life Wiki | G5 Wiki | siggy by LordBlumiere
Steam: lindy hop around the truth! | IG: Ponystrange | G5mlp on Twit, Tum, Insta

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 05:49:38 AM »
Yes, they're all delicious! Toola's is my least favorite, but I've always had a sweet tooth, so that would explain it. It is innocent of causing chaos one stressful Thanksgiving morning, though!* And they're not the only My Little Pony recipes!

This G1 coloring book has a recipe for oatmeal candy on page 14 and 15. I've yet to try it, but it seems simple enough. www.mylittlewiki.org/w/images/4/4a/My_Little_Pony_Coloring_and_Activity.pdf

This is a scan of the storybook adaptation of The World's Biggest Tea party, which I happen to own, otherwise I wouldn't have guessed that they put two recipes in the very back! They aren't the most complex recipes (heck, the tea recipe doesn't even tell you what kind of tea to use!), but they do exist. https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2018/5/27/1742422.jpeg
On a side note, Lyn Fletcher is my favorite G3 illustrator. Note the hairstyles on each pony!

And finally, this elusive beast is the G3.5 Cute Cupcake Recipe Book. It was only released in Australia. Because why make it accessible to anyone anywhere else on the planet? I've seen so few for sale! There are no high-quality scans, but you can see two of the pages (though nearly illegible), along with the stickers and invitations, in the preview images. Each member of the Core 7 got their own themed cupcake, and there are some other cupcakes in there as well.

I'm pretty sure G4 has at least a few recipes associated with it, and I'd be surprised to hear that not a single issue of the UK comic included a recipe for pony-themed treats.

As for not-really recipes, in Tales, Bonbon's secret lemonade ingredient is mint leaves. Also, in Who's Responsible, there are ice cream flavors listed, with one of interest being mocha almond fudge, which is my kind of flavor! Speaking of ice cream, there is a page in a G3.5 coloring book where each Core 7 member has an ice cream flavor named after them, which I guess you could alter Rainbow's recipe to make. I remember StarSong Strawberry Sprinkle, but can't seem to remember the others... I might get back to you on that!

*About that chaotic Thanksgiving... I might as well share my Pinkie Pie story! Nobody asked, but... I wanna share!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 05:52:17 AM »
I never understood how Toola Roola, a Pony, could ever think of eating meat...

But otherwise, great of you to try them out. Any recommendations for vegetarian alternatives to the pepperoni???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin & Blumiere

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 05:57:36 AM »

But otherwise, great of you to try them out. Any recommendations for vegetarian alternatives to the pepperoni???
My best recommendation would be an equivalent amount of your favorite pizza toppings; otherwise, I'd just look in the meat substitute section to see if there's anything specifically trying to mimic pepperoni.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • MOC Mimic
  • hush now
    • Tungler
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 02:46:08 PM »
On G4, theres a magazine called Sparkleworld in the states that has a mix of franchises and at least one recipe per issue. I have a suspicion that there was a pony one at some point, although I don't know where my issues are and I don't buy it anymore.

Haves | SalesPony Life Wiki | G5 Wiki | siggy by LordBlumiere
Steam: lindy hop around the truth! | IG: Ponystrange | G5mlp on Twit, Tum, Insta

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 06:50:36 PM »

My best recommendation would be an equivalent amount of your favorite pizza toppings; otherwise, I'd just look in the meat substitute section to see if there's anything specifically trying to mimic pepperoni.
I don't think it has to be pepperoni, some veggie facon would do the job
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin & Blumiere

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 07:19:01 PM »
Even more recipes!  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the franchise had recipes, I just never really thought about it before.  The oatmeal candy looks... Interesting.  Probably tastes really good but I wonder how it is texture-wise. 

Ponies eating some meat isn't really that strange, most herbivores will eat some meat given the chance.  Horses, cows, deer, etc can be seen eating things like rodents and baby birds.  Herbivore doesn't mean vegetarian, after all.  Now, for My Little Ponies it might be a bit stranger if they are eating animals at the same... sentience level...as themselves...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal