collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Share your favorite ponies!  (Read 1542 times)

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Share your favorite ponies!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2020, 08:33:02 AM »
I have a new appreciation for Heart Throb and Seashell. I admit, when there was those "Choose your favorite/least favorite ____ pony", I chose Heart Throb as my least favorite pegasus and Seashell as my least favorite earth pony. Now, I still like Medley, Firefly, and Surprise better than Heart Throb BUT I do love my Heart Throb's silky dark pink hair (I know you can't feel it, but her hair is so SILKY SMOOTH!)

As for Seashell, I voted her least favorite because I hadn't obtained her yet, but I absolutely love her purple and green colors together. I think not being in the RaMC special was a point against her since Apple Jack, Bowtie, and Bubbles were. I wonder why they chose to "cast" Cotton Candy instead of Seashell? Maybe her pink and pink colors were just easier to draw?  :shrug: I also love Lickety Split, Tootsie, Posey, and Cherries Jubilee, so yeah, unfortunately Seashell got the raw deal. But now I absolutely love her and if I had to pick a least favorite earth pony, I guess it would be Peachy? IDK! But I don't think she was a choice in the poll. Oh, and I think I picked Applejack as my favorite because she's a childhood pony, so she has the nostalgia factor for me, but I would probably change my favorite earth pony to Cherries Jubilee. She's another one I love.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've had this happen with several ponies...ones I thought weren't that exciting until I got them; TE Skyrocket was one I voted least favorite, and then I ended up getting her in a lot that I bid on because of a couple of other ponies in it that I had wanted, but Skyrocket was my favorite of the bunch! I also voted Curly Locks last on the BnG poll, but she was surprisingly stunning once I actually got her. It helped, I suppose, that both ponies were in really great shape with nice hair.

I don't have Seashell yet, once I do get her I hope I like her more too; I'm trying to order some of the MLP Hallmark tree ornaments for my 3 kids this year (I buy them each an ornament every year, and this is the 'year of the pony'), and Seashell is the cheapest one. I already bought Firefly, and I missed out on an auction for Cotton Candy yesterday. Applejack and Seashell are available on Amazon because AJ is the current one and Seashell was last year's, but I have a hard time getting Seashell...maybe because I just don't see her as being as iconic as the others for some reason. I like her colors and the cute blaze on her forehead, but I didn't know Seashell as a kid (not sure why, she must have been around, she just wasn't pictured in the pamphlets I had and was no longer in stores by the time I got into ponies I guess). I'll get her if I can't get my hands on CC, but the kids would likely fight over who got the other 2, because they don't know her either.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Share your favorite ponies!
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »
I know her pal Firefly gets more rep, but I find Medley to be a pleasant shade of green, and very gorgeous  :)

Medley is gorgeous! I love her too.

I also love Glory and bubbles in common with Brightberry.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal