collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony ID Game: some ponies i found on a shelf during a livestream  (Read 812 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Pony ID Game: some ponies i found on a shelf during a livestream
« on: November 20, 2020, 01:40:30 AM »
So, I'm attending a livestream on acting, and I did not expect the hosts to have a shelf full of ponies behind them!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Excuse the blurriness, the resolution of the stream is just what it is.

So far I recognize Majesty, Tic-Tac-Toe, Confetti and Brilliant Blossoms, but what about the ones at the foremost right?

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: Pony ID Game: some ponies i found on a shelf during a livestream
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:47:30 AM »
 To me they look like top row, l->r: Glory, Confetti, Peppermint Crunch (or Starshine, but the hair looks lavender to me :) ), Bowtie
bottom row: Pretty Vision, Main Sail and Moonstone :)

at least I think so. maybe our screens display colours differently ^^ Nice find nonetheless, I love spotting ponies in unexpected places :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 08:57:38 AM »
I think Moonstone. I squinted at it a bit because she does look paler but it's that blue line across her symbol that looks like Moonstone's planet ring - Windy would have several. I'm still not 100% though. It could be Windy. I'm really not sure O.O.  Looking again maybe that's a second line...ah, I don't know.

I'm torn on the pegasus as well. The hair definitely looks lavenderish but I'm having trouble seeing a raised symbol.

Agree with Shaiyeh on all the others. It could be Majesty but it does LOOK like darker hair...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 09:32:40 AM »
My two cents...
It's hard to tell, but the pegasus in the top row seems to be a bit greener than the other white ponies, and also seems to have her mouth either closed or behind Bow Tie. Also, there's another first set Rainbow Pony whose hair colors show up fine. I personally think it's Peppermint Crunch. She does seem to fade easily, so if her body's faded, perhaps her symbol is as well, hence why it doesn't stand out as much. In fact, I think I can make out the top of it being raised slightly! That could be just because I'm looking for it, though.

Bottom row Rainbow Pony is almost definitely Moonstone. Don't forget, she had blue dots in addition to her blue planet ring, so that may be the "second line" you're seeing (which I can't! Grain of salt). I can also kind of make out a lighter circle which would be her planet, but again, I am looking for it.

Considering Confetti and Bow Tie are in poses released in the UK, I'd be inclined to think that's Majesty, but it looks more like Glory's hair colors. That's assuming this is some kind of childhood collection or random toys found in the UK, as opposed to a serious collection with online purchases, though. Was the stream UK-based? Not that that would rule out Glory completely, it would just make Majesty more likely since she was the only one of the two actually (officially!) released over there.

I'd bet money on Confetti, Bow Tie, Pretty Vision, and Main Sail. I'm pretty sure everyone agrees on those, though.

Heck, nobody said these were "common" ponies, either. The top left unicorn and Peppermint Crunch do have Nirvana variations. Mexican green Peppermint Crunch either tends to be paler or fade more easily, and there's a white one as well (surprise Satin Slipper Sweet Shop pony), but her hair is darker. In the case of the unicorn, a vacation (or, in this case, I guess it would be a "holiday") to France, for example, could have resulted in a Glory variant making her way to the UK, if we're still assuming that's where this is. Who can say their identities for sure? Not me, that's for sure!

Immediate edit: I started playing with the colors in PowerPoint, and I'm almost certain those are Majesty, Moonstone, and Peppermint Crunch. Increasing contrast turns the to uni's mane blue, with a hint of a lighter streak, and cranking the saturation makes the peg's body bright green and the bottom uni's bright aqua blue.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 09:37:22 AM by MintyMyndi »
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 10:01:26 AM »
I had assumed it was something Spanish related given Dreamer's location. I actually don't know if that rules in or out Glory, but I think Mexican PC has darker hair.

I stared at the Bow-Maybe its Bluebelle not really sure hang on is that leg bent or is it shadow no I don't think it's a piggy...-Tie for a long time, I admit. But UK and Europe have such different releases in certain areas that it's hard to know for sure.

I mentally wondered and discounted Blue Windy as well (France?) in that wondering moment.

I think I see a planet too, so Moonstone...but I may also be looking for it now.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 10:18:12 AM »
Honestly Taffeta, I was thinking Piggy pony there for a second, too. ^^' But I think it's a collector's pose bowtie :)

MintyMyndi- good thinking playing with the colours :D

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 11:13:33 PM »
Was the stream UK-based?

I had assumed it was something Spanish related given Dreamer's location. I actually don't know if that rules in or out Glory, but I think Mexican PC has darker hair.

Taffeta's right, streamers are from Spain.

I wouldn't rule out neither a childhood collection or a "collector" one, since they also had what it seemed to be Grayskull's castle, a rather large classic rainbow troll and a pencil topper from Dreamworks Trolls from McDonalds. They could also have kids which would explain the modern troll, so there's no way to actually tell.

In either case, I'm glad I shared this with you, it's been very fun and interesting to read your deductions about the mystery ponies  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal