collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite Costume Wear outfit?

Pony-Naut
Galaxy Glamour
Rockin' the Night Away
In the Center Ring
Abra-Ca-Dabra
Academy Awards

Author Topic: Ranking Costume Wear  (Read 753 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ranking Costume Wear
« on: November 14, 2020, 06:27:06 PM »
Today I will be ranking the Costume Wear collection.
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Costume_Wear

1. Pony-Naut - I had this as a kid (and still do even though I’m missing the helmet and one of the shoes) and remember Galaxy wearing this the most as it seemed the most appropriate for her. I’m not sure if the helmet fit over her horn or not. To tell the truth, I really don’t remember ever using the helmet so it must have broken or gotten lost pretty early on (I’m guessing it was the former). The astronaut suit is made out of a shiny silver material, like lame perhaps? (Pretend there’s an accent over the e). It was trimmed in gold and came with a silver and gold backpack which I’m guessing is supposed to be akin to what astronauts’ wear on their backs…even though this looks more like a backpack purse! This outfit really doesn’t work as well without the helmet. Something seems….off about it without it. But when it’s complete, it’s one of the cutest outfits in the pony line…even though there are no pants!

2. Galaxy Glamour - At first I was going to rank this last in this category because it didn’t make sense that there would be two very similar outfits. After all, this one is made out of the same material as the Pony-Naut spacesuit (although this one has more gold), it has the same silver shoes, and this one comes with a rocket pack instead of a backpack (which I personally prefer). This one does have pants, but is lacking the helmet. However, since this outfit is so similar to Pony-Naut, which I ranked first, it only seemed right to rank this as #2. Still don’t understand why two similar outfits are in the same collection, though!

3. In the Center Ring - This is a fun circus-themed outfit. There’s a silver bodysuit made out of mesh(?) with gold trim and a cape. My favorite part of the costume is the gold carnival mask and the headpiece with pink and purple plumes. Four pink shoes complete the look. This kinda reminds me of a cousin to the Parade Pizazz look (I think it’s the plumes).

4. Academy Awards - “And the Oscar goes to…” I really love this silver dress with the blue and pink ruffles. The silhouette of the dress may be my favorite style out of all the pony dresses…just maybe. The pink hat that looks like a beret with the blue mesh is very old Hollywood glamour.

5. Abra-Ca-Dabra - I don’t know if this outfit could be sold in this day and age because it may not be deemed culturally appropriate (just like I doubt Wigwam and his headdress would be sold in today’s market), but I have to say I do think it is pretty cute. There are teal genie pants, four gold slippers that could only be described as elf shoes with the curled toes, a sheer aqua top with a matching veil, and a hair tie for the pony’s mane (or tail, I guess) that I can only assume got lost more often than not.

6. Rockin’ the Night Away - This is for a rock star pony. The costume kinda reminds me of something Elton John would wear, although he plays the piano, not the guitar. I put this last because I don’t like tie-dye. It has a purple satin shirt with a tie-dye (or what appears to be tie-dye) collar and two tie-dye slippers (which are referred to as “gloves” on the package, but really they’re slippers) and two regular purple shoes. The finishing look is a glittery guitar (how very 2009 Taylor Swift) with a strap you can put around your pony’s neck.

Thank you for reading all my Pony Wear rankings. Hope you enjoyed them!

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Costume Wear
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:45:11 PM »
Love these but my fave is Rocking The Night Away!!!
Galaxy Glamour is awesome too, while Academy Award is a great dress for a Pony Ball
Adult Ponies don't have many fancy dress outfits, but Abra-Cadabra is one. My Magic Hat wears this outfit.
One day I'd love the rest of In The Centre Ring (I'm missing the headpiece!!!)
Out of them all Pony-Naut is the only one which feels incomplete. Where are your trousers???
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 09:56:33 PM »
According to my mother, space was HUGE in the eighties, so it's actually not surprising to see two space-themed outfits (though why the colors are so similar doesn't make sense). Lately, when bored, I've been going on Ghost of the Doll and hitting random to read about toylines I may not have learned of otherwise (you never know when you might see something while thrifting), and there are a TON of space-themed toys! Let's not forget the Sparkle Ponies, the mail-order ponies released the very next year, who were apparently popular enough to justify a store release and even a similar set of babies down the line!
I cast my vote for Galaxy Glamour, since the helmet on Pony-Naut (and the lack of pants!) is kind of awkward to me. I'm not a big fan of this set in general, but the illustration of Up, Up, and Away wearing this one is so cute! I imagine that it would look amazing on a Sparkle Pony.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 03:54:33 AM »
The astronaut pony, of course! (although I have no idea why it has to be a bottomless astronaut while the galaxy glamour gets pants)
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »
I would have thought space would have been more of a 60's thing, rather than 80's. I suppose there was the whole Challenger debacle and all...my husband claims he watched it explode on live television with his class at school, but he is a few years older than I am. I was pretty young when all that stuff happened, so my perspective on the culture of the times is probably much different than that of the adults designing the toys of the times. It's interesting, either way!

I never had any of these outfits...not sure why. I wonder if they didn't make very many of them, since they don't seem to come up for sale very often, and when they do, it's usually random pieces in lots, and it would be nearly impossible to get a complete set of any of them unless you buy them MOC. I really, really just want a pair of those sparkly shoes, even if I can't have a full space outfit! They were hard to rank, because I like them all, but I'll try:

1. Pony-Naut
2. Abra-Ca-Dabra
3. Galaxy Glamour
4. Academy Awards
5. In the Center Ring
6. Rockin' the Night Away (I would probably like this one better if it had 4 of the same foot-coverings; the 2 and 2 looks weird. Multicolored swirl shoes would have been neat!)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »
According to my mother, space was HUGE in the eighties, so it's actually not surprising to see two space-themed outfits (though why the colors are so similar doesn't make sense).

Yes, that's true. The '80s were a very big time for space with the Space Shuttles and all. Actually, I watched that Netflix special: "Challenger: The Final Flight", so that's how I know! I'm surprised they didn't have one space outfit here and maybe another one in Play 'n Wear or the original Pony Wear line. They're both very cute outfits, though.

I never had any of these outfits...not sure why. I wonder if they didn't make very many of them, since they don't seem to come up for sale very often, and when they do, it's usually random pieces in lots, and it would be nearly impossible to get a complete set of any of them unless you buy them MOC. I really, really just want a pair of those sparkly shoes, even if I can't have a full space outfit!

I've noticed I don't see these ver much for sale either and if they are, they're often missing pieces or on MOC, like you said. 

Here's a pic of my ponies modeling the Pony Wear looks I have:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal