collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What is your favorite Play 'n' Wear outfit?

Milk and Cookies
Get Into The Groove
Hit the Slopes
Pretty as a Picture
Pony Holiday
Sidewalk Surfer / Skateboard Sensation

Author Topic: Ranking Play 'n' Wear outfits  (Read 844 times)

Offline FernMariposa919

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ranking Play 'n' Wear outfits
« on: November 13, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
Today I will be ranking the Play ’n’ Wear Pony Wear collection. This is my favorite of all the Pony Wear collections. I love all the outfits included in it. I would love to own all of them, but alas, I only have two of them. Well, one and a half, really, because I’m missing the accessories from one of the ensembles.

As always, here is a link to the outfits:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Pony_Wear#Play_.27n.27_Wear

You will notice that Mountain Boy ponies are modeling these. While I’m glad they are secure in their masculinity to wear dresses and hair clips, I have to scratch my head on why they were chosen to model these…some of these outfits look a little tight on them (especially Hit the Slopes) and they don’t fit into the shoes. However, if you click on the individual links, they have different ponies modeling the outfits…ponies that are able to fit into the shoes! Can anyone tell me who is modeling Pretty as a Picture and Pony Holiday? Thanks!

1. Hit the Slopes- Perhaps because I used to go skiing with my family every winter break in Colorado is why I have this as #1. Because of that, I’m actually surprised I never received this as a gift. I just think it’s adorable. I love the pink snow suit, the goggles, the hat (I would love to have a winter hat in that design! So fashionable!), and, of course, the skis where you can place one of your ponies' hoofs into. Personally, a pony skiing sounds quite dangerous! I am kicking myself because I saw this on ebay for a quite reasonable price…very reasonable to other prices I’ver seen it go for. I put it on my “watch” list, but when I went back to it a couple hours later, it had already been purchased. Yeah, I should have bought it when I had the chance. I learned my lesson!

2. Pretty as a Picture - This is an outfit I recently acquired from e-bay and I absolutely love it, thus why I ranked it #2. I almost bought this without the paint palette and paint brush for a few dollars cheaper, but held off on that and got the whole set instead. I didn’t think I really needed those accessories because the pony can’t hold them or use them, but I’m so glad I paid a few dollars extra for the entire outfit because they really complete the outfit which consists of a white shirt with paint splotches all over it (so cute), blue pants, a red beret, and four red shoes that give the outfit that extra pop of color. This is the first outfit where I’ve had pants for my pony and I love that there’s a little hold to stick the tail through! Makes sense, though. You would’t want to have your tail bunched up in your pants if you were a pants-wearin’ pony! There’s a pocket on the shirt and I’ve seen some photos have the paintbrush be kept in it. The only thing that could make this outfit even more complete is if it came with an easel with a half-finished painting.

3. Get Into the Groove - I had this as part of my childhood pony wardrobe. This was a dress I often put on Tic Tac Toe because the colors looked amazing with her. It’s a dress where the top is dark green with a lime green collar and cuffs and the skirt is yellow with green geometric designs. It came with yellow shoes and green socks. (The socks definitely do not fit the Mountain Boy pony who is modeling this outfit!) As you can tell from all the green and yellow, it really coordinated well with Tic Tac Toe. I still have the dress and shoes. I remember the plastic turquoise boombox that came with a strap so you could have your pony wear it around her neck (I guess the pony was bopping to Madonna!); I vaguely remember the hair-clip and I don’t remember the socks at all!

4. Milk and Cookies - This is an adorable nightgown and nightcap with dogs, cats, and teddy bears (random combination!) printed on them. I actually thought they were frogs at first because they’re green, but then I read a description and looked closer at the photo. It comes with a pillow and blanket as well as a glass of milk and a plate with three cookies, hence the name.  The glass of milk looks very small and I can only image it often got lost. I assume the cookies were glued to the plate.

5. Sidewalk Surfer - I really like the red iridescent dress, the gold visor and knee pads, and the red headphones (so ‘80s!) The one thing I don’t like is the skateboard and that’s because it’s entirely made out of plastic…including the wheels. They couldn’t make them actual wheels and have the skateboard roll when they rode it? (Like the skis from Hit the Slopes, you can fit one of your ponies’ hooves into a groove on the skateboard).

6. Pony Holiday - The print of this dress is really cute; it’s a yellow dress with pink flowers and trimmed in pink. It comes with four pink shoes and a straw hat with a pink ribbon. The only reason I put this in last place is because it comes with the least exciting accessory, which is a suitcase. And, besides, something had to be last.

Stay tuned tomorrow when I will be ranking the final Pony Wear collection, Costume Wear.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ranking Play 'n' Wear outfits
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 08:44:37 PM »
Hit the Slopes- Sundance
Milk 'N Cookies- Majesty
Sidewalk Surfer- Confetti
Pretty as a Picture- Argie Felicidades (Merry Treat equivalent, but unique symbol)
Pony Holiday- Argie Armonía (commonly stated to be a Medley variant, but the symbol was redrawn, so I consider her a unique character)
Get into the Groove- Lickety-Split

These outfits are really cute. I really like the dress for Pony Holiday, but I had to go with Get into the Groove. The colors and the theme are just too perfect. Hey, wait a second... Teal... StarSong's eye color... yellow, the color of her eye highlight... music theme... 80's... StarSong's hair is huge... I'll be back. I need to draw something!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 09:47:31 PM »
My fave of these is Get Into The Groove. The socks!!! The stereo!!! The hairclip I've YET TO FIND!!!
Skateboard Sensation is second, & my Rocking Beats love this outfit.
Pretty As A Picture is one I HAD to put on Painting Time lol!!! And I love how it comes wi painting gear!!!
The nightie & accessories (if you can find them all) for Milk & Cookies are adorable!!!
Pony Holiday... sorry but the dress only goes wi a few Ponies due to its colours.
As for Hit The Slopes, talk about freezing forehooves!!! A pullover matching the hat would have gone well with the dungarees at keeping the Pony warm. I swear I have to knit Pony pullovers... Still the rest of the outfit is cool.

I look forward to the Costume Wears!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2020, 06:19:43 AM »
I had 4 of these outfits, and loved them!

1. Get into the Groove: I think this is my favorite ponywear set of all time!! I recently paid dearly for that hairclip...I'm embarrassed to even say exactly how much...but I don't regret it and the upside is, the lot it came in also contained a lot of set-completer pieces for other ponywear sets I was missing. I just love its 80's vibe, it's just so fun! I often put this outfit on Pillow Talk, the TAF pony that came with the slumber party pack, because we always pretended that she was the boy-obsessed, rock-music-loving teenage pony that got stuck babysitting her younger cousin's sleepover party, but would sit for hours talking on the phone and rocking out to her boombox instead. (Sounds like every babysitter I had in the 80's!) Nowadays, I think I am missing one of the socks,  but otherwise the outfit is complete.

2. Pretty as a Picture: Another childhood favorite. Very few of my ponies had the coloring to match this outfit; I think I put it on Tootsie a lot, just because she was my favorite pony. I still have the whole outfit except for the paintbrush.

3. Milk and Cookies: Another one that Pillow Talk wore a lot, at said sleepover. I loved this one. I don't think I still have the blanket, and the pillow, I believe, lives in my dollhouse because it matches a crib that I had perfectly. I don't ever remember having the glass of milk, which is weird, because I was one of those kids who would have been bothered to distraction if something was missing. I had a pink milk carton that that I thought came with it, but must have come with something else (the slumber party set? A playset?). Yes, the cookies are thankfully attached to the plate, or they would likely have been lost decades ago!

4. Hit the slopes
5. Sidewalk Surfer
I never owned either of these 2 so I don't know much about them. They're cute and I'd like to find them someday. That's disappointing to hear that the skateboard's wheels don't turn...they managed to make 4 individual working roller skates for the skating outfit, so why they wouldn't make the skateboard functional is beyond me. Lame!

6. Pony Holiday: My sister had this one, so I have it now, since our combined collection is in my possession now. The dress is a little faded, and the suitcase is broken. I didn't really like this outfit much as a kid, because I wasn't into frilly dresses. I don't think the hat survived, but the yellow hat with pink flowers that came with the Pretty Parlor looks just fine with it!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 07:20:43 AM »
I love the mountain boys wearing the outfits, so cute!
I chose Get into the Groove because of the leg warmers.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:41:14 AM »
I love the Milk and Cookies so much!
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »
I had three of these as a kid, Milk and Cookies, Get into the Grove, and Pretty as a Picture.  I liked the bedtime and painting sets the best.  The nightgown is so cute!  And yeah, the milk cup got lost pretty quickly XD
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 01:08:00 PM »
The wheels really do roll on the Sidewalk Surfer skateboard, that's the best thing about it!! Much fun!! I like Hit the Slopes, Pretty as a Picture, and Milk & Cookies too. The hair clip is cute from Get into the Groove too, so tiny!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline FernMariposa919

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2020, 05:24:50 PM »
The wheels really do roll on the Sidewalk Surfer skateboard, that's the best thing about it!! Much fun!!

They do? Oops, my bad! It just looked like they were made out of the same red plastic material as the rest of the skateboard.

2. Pretty as a Picture: Another childhood favorite. Very few of my ponies had the coloring to match this outfit; I think I put it on Tootsie a lot, just because she was my favorite pony.

I have Tootsie wearing this outfit right now! I think her pose looks really good in this outfit; it just feels like a pose a painter pony would make! Sometimes the pose just adds to the outfit.

Pretty as a Picture- Argie Felicidades (Merry Treat equivalent, but unique symbol)
Pony Holiday- Argie Armonía (commonly stated to be a Medley variant, but the symbol was redrawn, so I consider her a unique character)

Ahh, I was wondering if the pony in Pretty as a Picture was a holiday pony (the red and green hair may have given me that clue  ;)). I've heard of Felicidades, but never really knew what she looked like. I would have never gotten the pony modeling Pony Holiday.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal