collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Newborn Cuties ID- Are they from the playhouse value pack?  (Read 709 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Newborn Cuties ID- Are they from the playhouse value pack?
« on: November 12, 2020, 08:38:29 PM »
I recently bought a cheap lot of Newborn Cuties since I only had two (and didn't have StarSong, about whom I've been pretty crazy lately). They just arrived and I went to ID them, but found it tricky due to lack of good images. I think Pinkie, Dash, and StarSong are from the Pinkie Pie's Playhouse value pack, and the Cheerilee is just kind of paradoxical to me.

So, in the transition to G3.5, they remade the Newborn Cuties molds to have the new logo; my two I had before were a G3 Pinkie Pie (Feeding Time) and a G3.5 Rainbow Dash (Shopping Day with Mom), both in the sitting up pose, the latter of the two being slightly smaller. The paint for the diaper is also glossier on G3.5s and a bit more messily applied. I've seen ponies in the sitting down pose with both logos as well, including Sweetie Belle, who was only released in one set which came in either generation's box! I'm shocked they bothered.

Another subtle difference between the two generations is the eye highlights on Cheerilee and Scootaloo, who went from a star and heart to a flower and butterfly, respectively.

Before I got these ponies, I'd assumed that all Newborn Cuties had the correct logo, with the exception of the Euro-exclusive clothed Cheerilee and Scootaloo, who use the G3 logo and their old highlights. But I'm starting to think they didn't bother with the crawling pose!

My Cheerilee is in the crawling pose with a G3 logo, a "birthday code" only found on G3.5 NCs (92391, or August 27, 2009), flower eye highlights, no visible blush, a yellow bow, a glossy white diaper and a right-facing Cutie Mark. She's consistent with what I'd expect from the G3.5 Naptime release, except for the G3 logo. Is this normal for crawling babies?

And, as for the other three... They're all definitely G3.5s. I don't know if the bonus pack Dash and StarSong are identical to the similar-looking single releases; Strawberry Reef has stock images of the bonus ponies (with bow-obscuring hats!) and My Little Wiki barely acknowledges that they exist. It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't different at all. They all have different "birthday codes," but they're close together, and if they just used the same ponies, they could've just grabbed some that weren't specifically made for the value pack.

Pinkie Pie- Aqua ribbon, yellow diaper, no blush, Cutie Mark on right, birthday 91591 (June 8, 2009)
Rainbow Dash- Medium pink ribbon, white diaper, no blush, Cutie mark on right, birthday 91661 (June 15, 2009)
StarSong- Light pink ribbon, white diaper, no blush, Cutie mark on right, birthday 91731 (June 22, 2009, two days after my own!)

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Newborn Cuties ID- Are they from the playhouse value pack?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 12:50:54 PM »
I'm not sure how much help I can be this time. Once again, these are boxed up, so I'll have to rely on previously taken photos.

Pinkie Pie's Playhouse Bonus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

accessory color variations from my daughter's set

and a bad cell phone photo of another I didn't buy (although not the bonus set, just more accessory color variations)

Cheerilee

Scootaloo

Pinkie Pie

another bad cell phone image

Rainbow Dash

StarSong

and because, why not, Toola Roola

Sweetie Belle

Other images

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 02:37:27 PM »
Okay, so I found some crawling babies on eBay. Scootaloo has a G3.5 logo, and even the Sisters' Day Out Cheerilee has a G3.5 logo. I doubt mine is any sort of rare oddball, though; I found another Naptime Cheerilee that appears to have a G3 logo. So I think it might just be a weird quirk with that release as a whole.

I did find another lot containing three ponies consistent with my potential bonus-pack trio with a G3 birthday StarSong and two party hats. Since that hat is one of the bonus accessories, that's a good theory for why there are two. The pictures didn't show the birthday codes on them, though. I still can't confidently say that mine came together, or even if those three came together- mine from the lot are all eleven years old already! That's plenty of time for pieces to travel and end up with different sets.
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 05:33:25 PM »
I just wanted to say I learn something new every time you post about G3.5! I wish I could help!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline MintyMyndi

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 05:49:50 PM »
I just wanted to say I learn something new every time you post about G3.5! I wish I could help!
Hehee... Not to toot my own horn, but... I kinda end up researching them a lot. They're probably the generation with the fewest reliable guides out there, and I'm pretty detail oriented- the kind of person to need the option to know everything should I decide I want to, even if it means writing my own Word Document guides! So I end up learning things where I can, and since I've been posting here lately, I've had lots of amazing people helping me fill in the gaps! (Thank you if you're among them!)
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal